Orbis Education Employee Reviews

Embarrassed
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2018
I felt embarrassed to work for a company that so blatantly did not care about its employees. It's amazing to me they still have employees with how many are treated. I was highly unmotivated by the hypocrisy I was constantly surrounded by. Do NOT recommend.
Poor work environment
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 29, 2018
Orbis cares more about money than the students they serve. Employees are not treated equal and it's not hard to figure out who the favorites are. Benefits are below average, 401K and health insurance coverage is poor, no sick time and little PTO.
Micromanagers
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2018
From the day I started my position with Orbis to the day I left, I was micromanaged to a point that I did not feel trusted or respected as an employee. Orbis records all phone calls with students and schedules weekly "call coaching" meetings to point out where you are not doing exactly as they would like you to. It is a very high-stress and anxiety producing environment to be treated this way and constantly scrutinized.
Great place for a supportive, motivating work environment
Operations Professional (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 2, 2018
Orbis Education is a great place to work! I have been more than happy to be part of a supportive culture. I couldn't be more pleased with the way this company lives out the mission and values. Your opinion and ideas are always listened to if it supports the company mission. Leadership is transparent and I always know where the company stands and where we are going. A majority of employees at Orbis are extremely supportive, motivating and passionate in their work. I couldn't be more proud to be apart of this team.
Pros
Supportive management, great company outlook. The sky is the limit if you're looking for a place to grow.
Fantastic Place to Work
Academic Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 2, 2018
Orbis Education has provided me with a job that is only limited by my imagination and determination. I am encouraged to be creative in my work and recognized when my ideas come to fruition. My managers are team players and work just as hard as I do for the success of the company. A team approach is valued and a great culture is present at the company. There are lots of opportunities to hear about the growth at Orbis Education, ask questions to the CEO and give your feedback to the executive team.

I truly feel like the work I do matters and is closely tied to the mission and vision of the company. Orbis has a genuine interest in helping students meet their goals and we all celebrate student success stories and hitting outstanding student outcomes. I feel very grateful to work for Orbis Education and would highly recommend anyone to work for this company. I have already recruited several of my fiends to look into opportunities.
Pros
Great Culture, Opportunities for Advancement, Dedicated Coworkers, Mission Driven
Great Culture
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 13, 2018
The culture that Orbis Education has is amazing. I have never felt more comfortable in a work environment and it really shows just how much management feels about their employees. Everyone knows everyone making it a kind, warm and inviting company.
Amazing workplace with supportive leadership
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 13, 2018
After working at Orbis Education for over 2 years, I have only positive takeaways. The executive leadership style and workplace culture are unparalleled. They allow independence in your assigned role while also encouraging personal growth.
Not an inclusive environment
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 24, 2017
They go out of their way to create division at Orbis. As soon as your hired they separate you into either a leader or a non-leader. Then they plan 4 leadership retreats per year to go over things everyone else already learned. The leaders get their hand held through everything and the non-leaders get no additional training or hope for advancement.

I almost worked there for a year and my boss never even tried to spell my name correctly
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Management, benefits
No ethical standards
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 24, 2017
My experience at Orbis included dishonesty from leadership on several occasions and unfortunately they didn't even pretend to care. Management continued to belittle employees rather than provide growth potential and opportunity. I would not recommend this company, it was the most infuriating and demoralizing job I've had.
Really great place to work!
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2017
I love working for Orbis. The company is very supportive and engaged in every employees’ success. My manager works with me to make sure I have the tools I need to be successful and help students. It can be stressful sometimes when we are close to a start, but everyone is laid back and very supportive and that really helps to make sure even if we are stressed out, we are having fun and we remember the most important thing is the student experience. This is the focus of training and coaching, doing the right thing by the student which is very refreshing. I have worked in admissions before where it’s all about hitting numbers and that makes it really stressful. That is not true at Orbis and you can feel good about what you do every day. Team work is also very important here. Everyone works very hard and everyone who still works at Orbis is willing to do their part to help everyone be successful. If people don’t want to actually work, they probably won’t like working here or last very long.

I love Orbis and I love what I do.
Pros
Advancement opportunities (especially if you can relocate), Culture, Training, Leadership and my manager, sometimes free food
Cons
Sometimes stressful (mentioned above), some struggles with a fast-growing company
Disorganized and poor leadership
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  CarmelFebruary 23, 2017
Management is a disaster. Authoritarian leadership style with little to no involvement or respect for non-management employees. The well-being of employees is not a priority, to a concerning level. If you're looking for a company that genuinely cares about its employees, I would encourage you to look elsewhere. Benefits are subpar.
Enthusiastic About Education
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 5, 2016
Fun place to work, energetic and really appreciates their staff. Unfortunately, there SoCal location closed and they did everything they could to help me before officially having to close. Shows they care a lot about their employees.
The Sky's the Limit at Orbis Education! Great Company doing Great Things!
Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 6, 2016
I can't say enough good things about this growing company! I've been with Orbis Education for 4 years this month (August). I had just finished graduate school when Orbis gave me the opportunity to join the company in an entry level position. At that time, the entire company consisted of around 50 people: now the company is well into the hundreds! From that first day, I was promised growth for the company and professionally (if that was something that I was interested in - and I definitely was!). Everything that leadership/management has said/promised for this company and its employees I have seen come to past! This company recognizes hard work by promoting from within, and I've been a direct recipient of that several times! This company has a high regard for professional development. I feel that Orbis Education has invested in me as an employee, and coming from a previous field where that did not exist I can't tell you how amazing that feels! If you want to learn other aspects of the company or grow in your current role those opportunities await you at Orbis Education! It's an exciting time to grab a seat in this company as we are rapidly growing and continuing to blaze our path in the industry!
Pros
Professional Development, Growth Opportunities, Laid-Back and Fun Culture
Mission driven with a healthy balance of autonomy & supportive leadership - It has been the best place I have ever worked
Site Director (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 5, 2016
- This company’s missions is an incredibly fulfilling line of work; we study healthcare workforce shortages across the United States and connect areas with need a supply of solutions (healthcare education online in order to graduate therapists and nurses).

- Two way open communication is welcomed and expected; this keeps the floodgates open for ideas on how to continuously improve...This makes work here really fun!

- Leadership with transparent and open communication focused on developing great leaders – I am proud to be a part of a growing company, cultivating great leaders from within and bringing new people on board. That to me is healthy!

- There is a nice balance of autonomy, leadership, tools and technology to allow us to optimize our own job performance and to build high performing teams that have fun – I feel happy, challenged, supported, motivated, and creative at work (every day).

- We embrace data, integrate data collection into our day-to-day operations, and share it company wide. There is always someone available to help train and make use of data - It's a powerful tool and it helps us make calculated decisions on a daily basis.

- In this company, there are some remote employees, many offices, and a lot of great people. Weather you are in a building or not, daily interaction and recognition is important and it is something we understand is meaningful. Whether it's through video, chat, email, or a phone call - I think we do a pretty good job at it.
Cons
A fast growing company can have it's challenges & frustrations
Excellent company to work for!
Partnership Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2016
I am so grateful to be a part of this growing company! Leadership at Orbis Education recognizes hard work and dedication from employees and truly stands behind the mission of promoting from within the company. While working at Orbis Education, I have learned so much about higher education and what it takes to guide prospective students on their journey to becoming nursing students with our partner university. The team I work with are all genuinely invested in helping students successfully graduate from the nursing program and become RN's. There is nothing more rewarding the going to the graduation/pinning ceremonies for the nursing students and hearing from them about the job opportunities they have been offered!
Pros
Company Christmas parties!
Productive and fun place to work!
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 24, 2016
I started with Orbis Education several months ago and have had a really positive experience so far. The company is very centered on growing its partnerships and hiring individuals’ that are going to succeed and grow with the company. What I admire most about management is that they are driven to grow the program and provide positive services to each one of the company’s partners. In my last position, I felt like I was in a dead-end scenario as there weren’t many opportunities for advancement. It wasn’t common for the supervisors to provide feedback as well. My experiences with Orbis has been the complete opposite as I receive regular coaching and feedback from my managers. I can really tell that my managers want me to succeed and reach my professional goals. With Orbis, I don’t feel like just another employee, I feel like my accomplishments are recognized from my Site Director, all the way up to the CEO. I respect that Orbis values its employees and promotes from within. That was definitely a major reason why I decided to join the company, as I had two other job offers at the time. I have no regrets with my decision to join the team at Orbis and encourage anybody with a positive attitude and hard-working mindset to apply and contribute in helping the company succeed!

Pros:

Constant opportunities to grow professionally through regular coaching and training sessions, Great co-workers who encourage a laid back and fun environment that leave me wanting to come into the office every day, The company provides the necessary tools and training that allows each employee to complete
  more... all of the required job functions, Every employee is kept in the loop with what is going on within the company and is made aware of any internal news and changes, Management has been flexible with my schedule contributing to a good work/life balance which is important to me, The company culture is to prepare its employees to advance as they work to promote from within.

Cons:

The location of my particular site is difficult to get to each day. I would prefer to live closer to the office, but the cost of living in this particular area is through the roof and I’m having to commute one hour each way on a daily basis to get to work. The company has expressed purchasing each employee a transportation pass which would be a really awesome perk, Some days leave me extremely drained and stressed, as do most jobs that require public interaction will do. I would definitely say that being able to help students succeed and reach their goals definitely outshines the stressful times.
Pros
Listed Above
Cons
Listed Above
Horrible
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJune 2, 2016
Orbis is a horrible place to work, the company doesn't care for their workers, the pay is great and the hours, but the people that work there are full of drama.
Little leadership, unequal workloads
Clinical Instructor/Nursing Educator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Little to no leadership presence. No follow through and no resolution for concerns and conflicts. Pay is good, benefits ok. Unequal work loads.
Good company on the verge of greatness!
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 12, 2015
Orbis is probably the most fun yet most challenging place I have ever worked. If you are looking for a company that will stretch you and help you grow, you have found the right place. The mission of Orbis is to passionately build unmatched partnerships between students, universities, and employers. Admissions advisors have the opportunity to interact with future nurses on a daily basis. They are truly changing lives and in the process, changing the world.
The company is rapidly growing. Naturally with a lot of growth comes a lot of change. This requires employees to be agile and flexible, but also provides numerous opportunities for growth and development. Upper management is great! The level of transparency and honesty is comparable to none – something that really helps during the times of transition. The Site Directors are amazing and the coaches truly care about their advisors.
Orbis has a great culture and is a great place to work and to grow.
Pros
Culture, team, fun events, opportunities for growth
Cons
No tuition reimbursement, medical insurance is expensive
Educational based company
Pre-Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 8, 2015
Overall a good company to work for. I learned more of a time management skill set as well as organization. Co-workers are great and the management is fun