Orbital ATK Employee Reviews

managment could have been alot better needed communication skills
Nondestructive Testing Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTAugust 15, 2018
a typical day at work was going in and doing stretches and getting assignments , then some was like production needed to hit rate and timed breaks , good part was i learned and took classes for certification in NDI level1
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2018
Really relaxed place
Learned how to operate sharepoint/costpoint systems
Management was really great
Hardest part of the job was having to do Manufacturing kits. We would always come up with ways to make them get done faster and it actually threw off the work flow.
My boss made the job really enjoyable because he always listened to my input and offered advice to make a smooth process even smoother.
Not enjoyable
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDAugust 3, 2018
There was no recognition for any work done and the company didn't really care about you.. you were only considered a number and not a person. I did not care for the company.
Might as well be in the Army
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 3, 2018
Working for a defense contractor on a military base is challenging work and the environment can be inherently dangerous. Lots of government bureaucracy, but you can gain some good experience.
Pros
Highly structured PMO
Cons
Old sometimes dirty manufacturing facility, inherently dangerous process
Fun place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 2, 2018
The Culture environment was great. People were great to get along with. A team environment. Management had assignment laid out appropriate to follow. Just a fun place to work.
Pros
Good advancement
Cons
as contract there are no benefits
Great place well managed
Production specialist (Former Employee) –  Promontory Point, UTJuly 30, 2018
Was a great place to work woukd go back if i had opportunity. People were great to work with was alot of team player. Always encouraged youmoce up the ladder
Pros
Benifits insentives, great training
Cons
It's a very clean environment.
Composite Technician-Hand Layup (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 26, 2018
It's a good company to work for and you work in a very clean environment. The hardest part for me was the 12 hour shifts. I am a person that prefers swing shift and I was working a day shift. If it had been a night shift I would probably still be there.
Poor management, supervisor at the time was a "slave driver" got on people's cases, especially me
Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 26, 2018
monotonous work, felt like a lab rat, couldn't express my thoughts or ideas properly. Bad communication between upper management and supervision. Not fun
Pros
lunch times
Cons
discriminitive towards health complications
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTJuly 2, 2018
Orbital ATK was a great place to work. They offered a very clean and safe work place. The management was excellent as well! If they had a location in St. George I would definitely work there.
Orbital ATK has been purchased by Northrup Grumman
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working with the personnel there. growth was slow for awhile. I was moved to a position I did not enjoy (export Control) had a hard time understanding the government requirements. Left for an opportunity to do what I most enjoyed. Purchasing.
Not recommended
Mission Assurance Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJune 22, 2018
Almost everybody I knew there was either counting down to retirement or actively looking for another job. I had a new supervisor every few months. Upper management would regularly lie to the employees and can be quoted as saying things like "If you want an good home life then you should get another job."
Screw Orbital!
Senior Desktop Support Contract (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 22, 2018
Orbital is the perfect place to work if you wanna get brow beat, talked down to and fired doing nothing wrong but defending attacks from other employees. Screw Orbital and the entire IT Dept.
Very nice place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 17, 2018
Atk was a great job. The pay was excellent. Different jobs to choose from. A good place to move up at. Hot and cold environment but an overall good place.
Great place to work as a contractor
Contract Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 8, 2018
I loved my team/work/life balance here. This has been a great place to be a contract recruiter for and would love to come back in the near future if that happens.
Tensed work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 31, 2018
Managers avoided any type of conflict so there was a lot of tension in the air and employees were allowed to continue to make life awful for others.

Interns were very mean to each other and it was almost encouraged.
Orbital ATK
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 30, 2018
The work is hard but honest. They aren't too forgiving about being sick though and I had caught the flu and I literally could only stand to be there half the time. My illness (which I had caught from a co-worker who happened to be a nice person) had also triggered nosebleeds bad enough to have me need to go to the hospital twice, the first bout of which forced me to have to go home early again. Also, they kept telling me I wasn't versatile enough, but never instructed me as to when exactly I was supposed to rotate jobs. There was no regular rotation and every time I found a bit of free time on my hands and went looking to help the other workers, I could easily see they didn't really need my help. So they kept blaming me when all it was is I literally couldn't find anything else to do other than sweeping floors and taking out trash when things were slow in the area where they cleaned molds.

Honestly, I will admit to having a rough time adjusting to working there, but I was just getting the hang of it when they let me go. I also think they could have improved their work environment a little if everybody took turns in a regular rotation every two hours at least when it came to the trained on the job labor. That way there would have been no confusion and I could have been seen as being more versatile instead of just cleaning the airplane parts molds.

The pay was good, I will say that much. It was the only reason I kept coming back in spite of how miserable I was there.
Pros
breaks, paycheck, location
Cons
hours too long, I hated the shoes
Rapid Company Growth along with free lunch meals
Internship (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMay 29, 2018
Internship program is fairly new with the company. Great place that offers much help and many company sponsored events that include free meals. Much potential here.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible Place to Work
Ammunition Packer (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 26, 2018
Excessive Forced Overtime, Feast or famine Mentality. Incompetent Management. Dangerous Working Environment. Minor injuries were common and empathy from employer regarding said injuries was non-existent.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and Fair hourly Compensation
Cons
inconsistently and Unfairly applied Attendance Policy
Work Day
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 21, 2018
Lots of interesting projects you get work on. Legal team is great and easy to work with. Various areas and some travel involved. Company works a 9/80 work schedule. This means you work 9 hrs a day M-Th, then have every other Friday off.
Pros
9/80 work schedule (off every other Friday)
Cons
not much room to move up
Typical dat at work.
Alliant Tech Systems (Former Employee) –  Iuka, MSMay 21, 2018
Great work environment. Communication is good.
Management maintains schedules for technicians .
Great location and knowledge learning experience.
Hardest part of job was training other technicians.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orbital ATK. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.