Orchard Supply Hardware Employee Reviews

Very demanding palce with a fact pace mode
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CANovember 11, 2017
I do enjoy a fast paced mode and enjoyed working at Orchard . The breaks were on time unless we were busy and everyone piched in to work quite a team player place.
Pros
Good standards and work ethics
Cons
long days more than 8 hours
laid back
Front End Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 9, 2017
very nice store. very nice items. different items than you'll see that you wouldn't anywhere else. nice plants and an awesome paint and recieving guys
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 8, 2017
A typical day at work was basically clocking in and going to my register and right away having to check people out. it was a fast pace job , which I enjoyed.
Not flexible if your full time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 6, 2017
Very slow place environment not much people know about orchard because it's California based . The location I was at was not very flexible had a lot of favoritism. Managers lack knowledge of the position they play. Maybe it's just my location but I would not work for this company again
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 6, 2017
I didn't like the work hours and the Managers don't care about your work life balance. Its not a bad job if your a college student that just needs a few hrs a week.
new job, lots of learning to do
DEPARTMENT LEAD/KEY CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CANovember 5, 2017
The industry of hardware is quite enjoyable. OSH was an okay place to work. Was not quite satisfying. To make the workplace more enjoyably, I would have employees get to know more and personalize the store more.
Managment CYA
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2017
Could never get a week-end day off unless it was a vacation day and management would say it was the nature of retail. Management however only worked one week-end day per week.
Vacation policy not employee friendly, could only get vacation approval when it was slow time for the store not when employees had family events.
Management all about performance but did not provide training or mentoring to help employees meet goals.
Great High School Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 31, 2017
I worked at orchard supply my senior year of high school, it was a very good job. I liked having my own money and working with a childhood friend. It was also very close to my gym.
Great with Customer Service
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clayton, CAOctober 29, 2017
Orchard Supply Hardware works hard with reaching their goals when it comes to customer satisfaction and club orchard sign ups. This company is also good with working flexible hours with all employees.
Pros
good with breaks
Cons
time management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 24, 2017
Checkout does not mean just taking the customer’s money; it also includes ensuring the customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. Provide our neighbors with efficient and friendly checkout services to ensure that they are leaving the store satisfied with their shopping experience.
No Career Advancement Opportunities, Underhanded Upper Management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2017
I fully believe that Orchard Supply Hardware in California is a completely different culture than here in Florida.

The people running the operation on this coast are inexperienced, uneducated, and underhanded. The store I worked in was a hostile environment with very low moral where I encountered harassment, and character defaming. Safety concerns in the work location were never addressed, or were swept under the rug by HR. I would never recommend anyone to work in either Orchard location in the Orlando, FL area.
Pros
Good Benefits, California Pay Rates
Cons
Never get your breaks, unsafe working conditions, underhanded management
Nice place
Selector/Loader/forklift driver/lumper (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 15, 2017
Orchard Supply Hardware Distribution Center is a great facility to work in. The employees are all super nice and respectful. Everyone has fun while they work
Pros
Semi good pay
Cons
Overtime
Too much expectation for the pay
Cashier, Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 13, 2017
This company overall is poorly ran, the store I worked in was one of the poorest managed stores I have ever worked for. The turn over rate the first year I was there was close to 100 people. The store manager isn't even fit to run a Taco Bell let alone a hardware store. The worst part was having to smile talking to customers while managment was complaining and yelling at us in our earpiece. The pay is horrible, the hours sucks and the expectations are too high.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Retail
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 10, 2017
Retail is a tough business. There were long hours put in during the holidays and when there were resets and remodels to be performed. There were some grewat people that worked atthe company too.
The Whole Foods Vz of Big Box Home Improvement Stores
Sales Associate & Garden Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 7, 2017
Its more or less the same as working at a Home Depot or Lowes but with a smaller work group and larger focus on appearance geared towards those willing to pay the extra buck for it.
Pros
Low individual responsibility
Cons
No development program to move from the bottom up.
Good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 5, 2017
Management is good and good work place and work culture the people are good to work with overall a good experience with with the company and its culture.
Pros
good work place
Cons
bad hours
Fun place to work
Store Manager / District Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 2, 2017
Orchard Supply Hardware was an enjoyable place to work. For the most part, the work-life balance was very good. The company is continually trying to improve their customer experience. During my tenure as a manager, we had several owners of the company. The worst relationship was when Sears had purchased the company. During that tenure, there was very little direction and poor management decisions.
Pros
Pay and benefits were good
Cons
Poor people skills for key field leadership.
no training
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 28, 2017
expectations were high with no training. Work hours were all over the board. Mandatory weekends and holidays.They would schedule your time around holidays so you would not get Holiday pay !
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
hours, management
good
Nursery,,garden associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 19, 2017
it was a no where job it was a job that i worked hard at but never got credit for.i tried to put my best foot forward but kept getting tripped up.everybody works extra hard because they are understaffed
Poor Management/Lack of transparency
Paint Associate/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CASeptember 18, 2017
When I was hired by OSH, I was guaranteed that my hours would be no less than 15 hours per week. Upon the hiring of new management, all part-time associates had their hours reduced to 4-5 hours a week.
Pros
Fun work environment. Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management, lack of transparency, favortism