Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Break Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, MINovember 6, 2019
Very unorganized. No safety training. Horrible management. No communication. I have only been there a few months and there has already been three accidents. I would not recommend working at this facility for any reason.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MINovember 1, 2019
Constant management re-organization
Insane month end rush/OT to meet goals
Product just needs to go out the door, there is no concern for patient safety
great staff and work environment
CNC Operator/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Arab, ALOctober 24, 2019
Great staff and work environment. Don't really see job advancement in a certain amount if time, same same everyday, but that's the life of production.
Not great place to work.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, MIOctober 21, 2019
Diversity is a big problem! The men there was very disrespectful and racist! They would either
taunt or undermined women if they hold the same
or higher position than them.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
People ( men) are very demeaning to women!
Ok good place
Cnc machimist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, MISeptember 23, 2019
Ok fair good place to learn . Lots of different equipment in one shop. Climate controlled machine shop. Parts are small. Medical standards are kept vary high.
Fun Fast Paced work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MISeptember 16, 2019
Was a very fun place to work and I definitely would go back if given the opportunity. The supervisors work well with everyone on the team and try to help them all in any way that they can.
Tbd
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Holt, MISeptember 11, 2019
I was very fortunate to have several opportunities and learn the business globally from the ground up. The company has a very good diversified customer base.
Poor leadership.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORSeptember 9, 2019
Working with medical equipment for manufacturing has a plethora of regulations and Orchid adheres to none of them. Surprisingly enough has never had FDA or OSHA Audit in years and due to this the environment and materials used are sub par at best . The HR people there are the worst , I never even got paid on time once.they are constantly switching owners and still retaining the same management so nothing changes. And the management does not care about floor workers but cares enough to work them 6-7 days a week so they can make their goal so management can get there bonuses . Floor workers are treated like ants. Don't ask any questions or theyll find a way to make you quit. HR is very deceptive in how they turn down raises and bonuses are always taken away . The management there is terrible at doing there jobs and have given up listening this is why they're businesses has been bought out a handful of times already and noone can fix this sinking ship because they won't listen to the personal actually doing the jobs and do care.they always hire from out of plant.never from within.
Pros
Cons
Short 10 min breaks. Long hours. Dangerous environment.
My experience have been unique to me, because no one else there knew anything about my position. Including management.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arab, ALAugust 28, 2019
The following information is only for candidates interviewing with this company.
In the interview they failed to inform me of the FDA (Food Drug Administration) violations that they were operating under. Part of my job was to address & solve any FDA infractions. The violations stretched back
for 5 years prior to my employment. They were operating with insufficent documentation in the best cases & no documentation in most cases. I was
responsible for this documentation. Without prior notice, my manager would pull me into a phone conference with a customer & then expect me to appease that agitated customer with false documentation on issues that existed prior to my employment. This happened many times with their biggest customers. Falsifying FDA documentation is a felony. I spent 14 months trying to straighten out the mess with no help. It forced me to work
70 - 75 hours a week on a base salary. The more that I did revealed the more problems that existed. I had to end it. I asked my manager to lay me off. They kept trying get me to stay but they told me that they couldn't give me any help. They offered me a new phone. I told management & HR that I was going to work only 40 hours a week & that I was not going to quit. It took them another 3 weeks to lay me off. It was the worst experience that I have ever had. In retrospect I think that they needed a fall guy.
Pros
Free popcorn on Tuesdays
Cons
Totally mismanaged.
stressful place to work that retaliates on empoyees when they get threatened
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 28, 2019
this company has horrible management , and no communication . They do not back the employees and they retaliate on their employees for complaining about acts of violence and racism
productive never boring
Straightener (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 27, 2019
people were good to work around provided good benefits work wasn't that hard to catch on to. always busy and had jobs to do, they provided tools and necessities to get jobs done
Great place.
CNC Swiss Operator/St Up Machinist (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTAugust 13, 2019
Amazing comaony. What sh things could've been different. Sad story they had to move but hey it happened. Would love to get another opportunity like that
Bad place to work bad management
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, MIAugust 5, 2019
Dead end job, wont go anywhere or make any money, people you work around and awsome and nice until u get into supervisors then they are not nice or friendly, they just dont care
Don't do it!
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, MIJuly 27, 2019
Horrible management (very lazy, like to play the blame game instead of resolve any issues, spend little or no time helping move product, mostly sending emails and playing on their phones, poor communication skills). Payroll has issues almost every payday. The more you do the less you make. Favoritism is a major issue. If you can cry or show some skin you will get your way. Raises do NOT happen unless you are comfortable doing your boss.
No life
Ruff Grinder/press operator/ndt technician (Former Employee) –  Holt, MIJuly 26, 2019
Stay away 12hrs shift and low pay. All the TL in mashpee playing favoritism to the other employees that they like. Cases with personal harassment and threats I never take him fairly and never our closed they just put it to the side. very poor scheduling for meetings after working 12 hours they expect you to sit down for a 3-hour meeting then go home and come back to work. deciwh
they want t
Lab Tech
Visual Inspector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2019
If you can stay away from QA you are good to go. The Supervisor loves to play the victim. She really can't even read and that job was passed down to her.
Insane paperwork!!!
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MIJune 30, 2019
Co-workers and managers are great and very helpful whenever you need assistance. Air conditioned and very clean. Turn over rate is high due to lower compensation and way, way over the top amount of paperwork that is expected while running multiple machines and doing tests for parts. A plus, if you don't mind over time, is you work 10-11 hrs/ day 5-6 days a week so low pay is somewhat compensated with the overtime. But if you NEED a job it's not bad and atmosphere is good.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, clean, air conditioned
Cons
Low pay, Insane paperwork!!
Only the strong survive
Blast Operator (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 25, 2019
Firstly, you will never not have OT. They often complain about paying it but they refuse to cut it.

I learned a few different jobs there but when I applied for advancement I was told I didn't look stable enough because someone else had decided to cross train me. There really is no advancement. Some people have been here 20-30 years and still do the same thing. I applied many times and they always found an excuse despite my track record and willingness to learn.

Management is a joke. Poor communication, split decisions made that affect only the bottom employees work-life balance, double standards, and the high turnover rate really should tell you that at least half of managers are to blame. Training is abysmal at best, certain promoted people have admitted they didn't directly ask for the role, others went mad with power.

Culture is somehow more cut-throat than sales. The old ladies that have been here for years won't hesitate to throw you under.

Hardest part is dealing with a never ending stream of drama.

You get PTO days, not vacation days. In larger companies these two are distinct. They finally made it so new hires get 10 days of PTO but they are not for 10 hour days, only 8, despite the fact that you work 10 regularly.

Only solid thing is the healthcare. Good and actually cheap. But not a well known carrier so it can be hard to find in network doctors.
Solid work
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 24, 2019
Always busy, rarely any down time, bought up by a larger company but the business around the facility is the same. Supervisors tend to listen and try to solve problems of the staff while managers tend to be a pain.
Pros
There is always work
Cons
pay could be better, and some of the managers need to stick to their departments
Overtime
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 20, 2019
They have alot of overtime, benefit is normal. Good teamwork. All employers are very friendly. The parts are small. Too much pressure. The manager is very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orchid Orthopedic Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?