Oregano's Pizza Bistro Employee Reviews

Great company but terrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 17, 2019
Great place to work in other locations but some of the managers made life unbearable for people they did not like personally. No matter how proficient or hard working you were still treated badly. Potential to be a great place to work
Pros
great money
Cons
bad healthcare, poor treatment of employees
A decent place to work
Lead cook (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 2, 2019
Oreganos is usually fast paced kitchen job, you have to be quick, multi-tasking, and make dishes constantly up to company standards and to customers requests.
Very productive and keep us going
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 1, 2019
usually when its busy, we get a lot of work to do and it kept us ongoing and at the end of the day wed be really exhausted but we were successful. Once we know we did great job, we used that energy for the next shift regardless of busy or slow time.
Pros
Discounts- 25% off on food regardless on work or out of work.
Cons
No breaks
Terrible staff environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAAugust 28, 2019
They owners are really nice and want ppl to succeed however the staff is very Cady and difficult to connect with. There's allot of drama and behavior u wouldn't expect from a bunch of working adults.
Bloody ridiculous
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 28, 2019
I have hardly any positive feedback. It's nothing but stressful and ridiculous. The management treat the cooks as if we are trash to be taken out. We get better training when someone from corporate stops in than we actually should. Some people didn't even get proper training. It's a mess.
Pros
Coworkers
Empty promises, poor management
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 26, 2019
Upon starting at OPB I received countless compliments on my work ethic and began being told I'd be moving up from a host to togo or to a server. My time was dedicated to oreganos and I put this job first.. but for what? management is a mess. The oreganos in Old Town Scottsdale is supposed to be a training store for managers but those there do not even lead by example so that should say something in itself. Once I realized my time was not valued at this location I no longer valued theirs. If I was scheduled outside of my availability and couldn't find anyone to cover I just wouldn't come in. I know this seems wrong but let it be said that I had a manager literally tell me to quit my other job so I would have more availability and if I did this I would get moved up to a server OR get more hours. I quit my other job and what happened at oreganos? The manager DENIED saying this to me. This same manager was the one who after my last day calling out due to a sports injury, told countless other employees how she fired me and talked TERRIBLY about me. if anyone wants to argue this I have countless screenshots to prove the childish, immature ways of the managers here.
Now the good, yes a few of the managers need a reality check on the maturity levels and the need to be professional when you are a manager but they did a darn good job with their staff. I enjoyed going to work due to the people I worked with. They were all so friendly and made you smile. It was a mini family. obviously this family doesn't include the managers.
This family was about team work who were all pretty good
  more... at communicating well enough to keep a good groove throughout a busy shift.
As a busser, just a warning.. you will end a shift dripping in sweat. You are none stop and 9/10 you are working by yourself to buss off and clean 28 tables, fill 4 ice stations each requiring 3 buckets, changing and taking out trash of 8 trash cans, taking bus bins from the bar that are always OVERFLOWING and disposing of any and all broken glass and liquids from the bar. The tips are the only thing that make this worth it as you are paid 7.25 and hour but receive 2% of each servers total sales. Host receive 1% of total sales for tips and usually split this with one or two other host.
Have to be fast
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 1, 2019
Dishwashing is not an easy job just have to know how to multitask. They are giving me a shot at learning pizza hopefully able to move forward and be a cook.
Not a great place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2019
They are terrible management. They will be all nice the first week that you start. And then they get mean. It's hard to get online to veiw your work hours that change daily. I got a virus on my phone for opting it up!! Destroyed my phone. You must pay for your work uniforms and no refunds people. Also it will take over 3 months to get it. That reminds me that I never got mine.

Great pay. low hours and bad management avoid nichole.
Pros
Sometime free pizza
Cons
No breaks. Low hours no real training. Bad management.
Not good
Bartender/Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 28, 2019
BECAME TOO corporate. Mark the owner, sold the company. After that everything went down hill. Fresh food, nope. Costomer service, could care less. Management hired people with no experience. Sales plummeted and I left before the ship sank.
Pros
If you had nothing... there might be an oreganos around
Work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2019
The work area was a great work experience especially kitchen wise. The only downside was some of most of the workers would stir up trouble. But overall experience was pretty great to work in the kitchen.
I loved working at oreganoes the food was great and the people were for the most part good
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2019
Oreganoes was a good place to work at and alot of caring people with great attitudes they also gave us food to take home on good days and I would have stayed there but the pay was not enough
A good enviorment :-)
Hostess, Expeditor, To-Go Specialist, Server (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZJuly 15, 2019
I love my co workers and most of my manager staff. Working at oreganos for almost 2 years now has been awesome and ive had mant oppurtunities to move up in the company.
Okay work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZJuly 13, 2019
Work place was decent. Management could be better about scheduling. More days are slow than busy so making money to live off of was a bit harder.
Schedule doubles quiet often and at least one person called off a day.
Highly energetic work environment that provides great customer service.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJune 25, 2019
I enjoy working at Oregano's due to the friendly, at home atmosphere. Everyone works as a team. It's never a dull experience! Management is quick to assist at all times. Training is extensive and questions are encouraged. Something new is learned everyday.
Productive Environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2019
Great work experience and very multi cultured environment, pace of work always kept me active. Very nice working staff and knowledgeable leadership role models.
Good place to work for consistency
KITCHEN STAFF (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 16, 2019
It is a consistent workplace in terms of routine and necessary work that needs to be done. The most enjoyable part of the job comes with the people you work with and the relationships you develop, while the hardest part is how extremely busy it can get. I love this company however have began to consider moving elsewhere for employment as I am currently unable to advance out of my current position.
Meh
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 15, 2019
Working as a hostess wasn’t nearly as bad as being a server but you still get a lot of rude customers, especially large groups that think they should be seated right away.
I was promised up to 30-35 hours a week and was only getting 17 or less.
They don’t schedule you a specific time to leave, you just get cut and go home when they don’t need you. I was always first cut even if I was last to come in (only with one specific manager who constantly had it out for me).
The managers pick favorites.
Pros
Tips, 50% discount, good coworkers
Cons
No breaks, low hours
It was a fun place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 22, 2019
The managers helped out the employees. We learned a lot from our co workers. The food is great there. I would take my family to eat there at least once a week.
Pros
They fed us lunch.
Cons
Not enough pay
stressful and didn't work with my hours
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZApril 18, 2019
All day working dish and no breaks standing on your feet for 7-9 hours while you're soaked. Good pay but not effective in coordination and teamwork. Needs work.
Pros
dishwashing all day
Cons
no breaks
God Awful
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2019
Management was awful, cooks never did their job and never got in trouble. servers were blamed for kitchen mistakes. We had to tip out hosts who made minimum wage and did nothing, didn't even follow rotation.
Pros
literally nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oregano's Pizza Bistro. Our community is ready to answer.