Oregon Child Development Coalition, Inc.

Oregon Child Development Coalition, Inc. Employee Reviews

summary
Child care worker (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORJanuary 16, 2019
IT was a very stressful job. You were requires to take care of children and time seemed to always go by very slow but the management was awesome and the teachers I worked with as well.
quick paced
USA Food Service Monitor (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 19, 2018
Truly enjoyed working for this company, I wouldn't have left if I had not had schedule conflict with my school. Would go back if I ever was offered an opportunity.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
long days.
A culture workplace
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  The Dalles, ORAugust 13, 2018
OCDC is a great place to work it provides stability, nice and friendly environment. Parents and children can feel safe and secure at any of the our sites.
Pros
working hours
Cons
Salary
fun place to work for
Bus Assistant (Former Employee) –  Silverton, ORAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for this place for 5 years. Loved working with the kids and coworkers. The work environment was excellent and convenient to me. The work load was very low but very attentive.
good company but not fair to employees
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORAugust 6, 2018
micromanagement and demands that were not feasible to the employee. it became a hostile work environment. District manager threatened future secure hours for not doing the spying she required of me
Very amazing program for the learning of the kids.
Cornelius-Jose Pedro, Ivon (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, ORMarch 13, 2018
The program is good, and definitely get a lot of experience with kids. Overall the job is great and they even train you so you can get your CDA so that is a plus.
Summer Program
Center Aide (Former Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMarch 3, 2018
It is very nice place to get along with co-workers and with the children. It was a summer program of three months so it was short. Although management doesn't really work with you, its okay.
Good work environment; low pay
Administrative Assistant Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Madras, ORJanuary 18, 2018
A strong, non-profit agency to work with. Excellent benefits and working environment, but pay is low. Good staff development and training opportunities.
Fun place to work at, team work is very collaborative
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cornelius, ORJanuary 5, 2018
I like the job. Environment was relaxed. I enjoy seeing the children when i got to work, would've love this to be a permanent or full time job but unfortunately it was only temporary.
Building Futures - making dreams come true.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Milton-Freewater, ORDecember 20, 2017
I love working here. We provide Head Start services for families that work in agriculture. I spend my work day with happy children, committed families, dedicated teachers, and outstanding managers. My supervisor is supportive, understanding, professional, and committed. Like most non-profits, we struggle with competitive salaries. However, job satisfaction and a mission I believe in make it a dream job. I make that statement through the lens of someone who worked for twenty-seven years in k-12 public education.
Pros
A mission that focuses on improving lives, outstanding colleagues, benefits, professional environment
Cons
Not all centers have year-round employment, fairly strict certification requirements
Ocdc 2017
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 20, 2017
Never a dull moment locally you have fun with your co workers but when its peak season or new projects come in be ready to work alot. Lack of information from central office but at the end of the day the last minute projects turn out great.
Short Staffed
Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 10, 2017
The people I work with everyday are amazing and make work enjoyable. THe lack of a complete staff make it stressful and frustrating. The trainings given could be better
County Program Support Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cornelius, OR 97113November 1, 2017
friendly staff, good managers. typical days are smooth, high traffic in the mornings and afternoons. also very busy during enrollment seasons. overall a good place to work.
Cons
low pay
Fun work place
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, ORAugust 24, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company. I swept ,mopped,vaccumed,buffed,waxed floors. I cleaned class rooms. I cleaned rest rooms. I took out the garbage. Painted and also did yard work while working at this company.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks
Great job
Center aide , OCDC (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 22, 2017
receive the kids early in the morning. Hep the teacher prepare the activities for the kids and after the kids wake up be able to change diapers and give them their breakfast and have fun the rest of the day teaching them new things.
Site Coordinator
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Malin, ORJuly 25, 2017
The position was a joke. The management was a joke. I hated this job. The staff was lazy and noncompliant. Management could care less about the children or the staff.
Cons
Productive and fun workplace everybody nice and kind people
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORJuly 20, 2017
early in the morning pick up the children at their homes, drop them at the daycare, we care , eat and play with them, the lunch time is enjoyable talking with coworkers, i love this job, love working with children. has not hardest part everything for me was wonderful.
Pros
has wonderful benefits all ways
Cons
nothing bad in my opinion
Content
Pre-K Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 6, 2017
The Staff is friendly and helpful and made work fun and enjoyable. Would have liked more opportunities to advance. The hardest part of the job is working with children with disabilities and not have the tools or knowledge to accommodate the needs.
Great
Temporary Bus assistant (Former Employee) –  Silverton, ORMarch 29, 2017
Loved working with the kids and hearing about their day. fun people to work with, and a great company to work for. Always something to do and keeps you busy.
A company thats still trying to improve
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 28, 2017
Usually a hot mess, there was a lot of things that management would let happen and let go of. The schedule was pretty good and paid vacations were nice.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oregon Child Development Coalition, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight