Oregon Patrol Service Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you show up and do your job.
Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORFebruary 27, 2019
I have found the owners to be caring individuals for their staff. I have seen them give help to officers and not tell anyone. They are honest and try to make sure the vendors get the best service available in the industry.
Pros
Giving opportunity to grow in the industry.
False alarm
Site Monitor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2018
The management is unprofessional, do not follow standards and laws. Management is cracked out and I would not hire them to protect anything. They lie when your first hired, false promises.
Pros
Cons
The management is horrible, rude and cracked out.
So far so good
Special Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 15, 2018
I've worked in security for a few years and have been with multiple companies. So far OPS is one of the best one's I've been at its growing quickly and the people we have are pretty good they have a wide variety of sites for what ever kind of officer you are if you like it slow and quiet they have some you'll love if you're like me and like it fast paced with lots of contacts they have you covered as well.
Pros
Good benifets package and variety of sites
Cons
None so far
Poor Management
Special Officer (Current Employee) –  MultipleJanuary 31, 2018
The sites are okay. ..the management is unprofessional and rude to their employees. You are required to come on shift 15 minutes early without pay to get their site equipment and briefing before clocking in. ..however if you clock out 5 minutes early to put the items away.. they will dock your pay. Schedule is haphazard and you will never know when your days off are going to be untill the last minute. Vehicles are poorly maintained, and three vehicles have to share one credit card...if it's not declined.. plan on using your own gas and vehicle to conduct patrols with no compensation. This could be a good.company if some of the management was changed.
Pros
Good coworkers
Official response from Oregon Patrol Service
February 28, 2018

It's unfortunate that disgruntled employees would use this forum to accuse and defame. It's understandable that there may be many times that an employee may not agree with or understand business practices from their vantage point. It's also understandable when an employee either leaves on their own volition when they are dissatisfied. Every employer faces these issues on a daily basis.
The interesting thing about the two reviews posted to this site are from employees that had no seniority, were not in management and had no involvement in the divisions of service they are so boldly making declaration.
I would like to clarify some of these erroneous claims as I would want anyone, future employee or client, to have accurate information in which to base their inquiries to our company.
By the very nature of this industry, security is one of those things that people don't need, or think they need, until they need it. The goal is always to address needs as quickly as possible to give that client peace of mind and a sense of protection for their property. Most times this results in changes in scheduling to accommodate the ever growing private security industry. This is not for the faint of heart and not all workers can acclimate to the schedules or the need to change according to client need. As much as you attempt to prepare someone, living it is another thing entirely.
With the amount of service that patrol vehicles endure every day, it can be very brutal on all aspects of maintenance, and like other industries that have heavy vehicle use, we are no different when it comes  more... to having to manage service/repair issues all the while still taking care of clients.
I'm not sure where the information about declined credit cards, sharing one credit card and using personal gas with no compensation comes from. This individual was not part of the vehicle patrol team and is very misinformed.
Following rules, guidelines and state and federal laws in all areas is something we don't blur the lines on. Requiring individuals to work "off the clock" has never been communicated, expected or promoted. It's interesting when employees want to "rewrite" the terms of their shifts by choosing to arrive early to justify leaving early and then can't understand why there is a problem. Also, we are bound by Oregon DPSST and would never try to circumvent their jurisdiction by having an employee work without certification. Again, it's interesting how someone believes they have all the information available to them when questioning another's hiring status, promotion or wage.
I always welcome an employees feedback if they have issues (had a meeting with the employee who posted on 1/31/18) - good or bad! What's disconcerting is when someone chooses to embellish, exaggerate and falsify information to lash out when they were held accountable for their own lack of performance and gossip.
I look forward to continuing to growing our company and finding great people to help us continue providing excellent service in the Portland area. Check us out for yourself and you decide.

The job is okay... Management is another issue
Special Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 31, 2017
Starting out with Oregon Patrol I was more than enthusiastic. I was pitched with working at the best sites, having a management team that listens and cares, and working for a company who was trying to change the image of security.

Everything was great in the beginning, but as more people left due to frustrations, I started to see what they were talking about. Schedules would have to constantly change because jobs and last minute clients were accepted without regard to people having days off. Management was suddenly changed and people were promoted without having a good grasp of all the sites and clients. Patrol cars weren't being fixed and being sent out on the road without proper maintenance. Employees were being used who didn't have proper licenses. New employees were being hired at a much hire rate who didn't have the skills or qualifications old employees had.

In the end, I was let go silently. I was simply just removed from the schedule without hesitation, all whilst they were in a crunch for people. I guess it's an "at will" state...
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Testy management, poor organizational skills, no personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oregon Patrol Service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7