Oregon State University Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Graduate Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 16, 2018
OSU is a great place to work - just not enough room for actual advancement and the salary is not as competitive as private industry. The culture of work is excellent and the environment is a university with people from all over the world is exciting and fun.
Good place to work with great benefits
ITS Director and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 9, 2018
I worked for OSU on two occasions and they were a good and fair employer each time. I would work for them again. On both occasions I had opportunity for advancement.
I loved this job
After School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gold Hill, ORAugust 2, 2018
I worked iin the after school program with elementary aged kids. It was a very satisfying job and the management was very nice and polite. I would absolutely work here again
Cultured staff and lively atmosphere around the building
Custodial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job, each day checking things off of my list.
I learned how clean bathrooms and how to work a scrubber.
Management was good, and improved with time.
Culture was an interesting mix of international students and plenty local characters.
Cleaning underneath tables was the hardest part.
The free snacks my coworker Gino would bring me sometimes.
Pros
Free Snacks, Easy, Relaxed
Cons
Gross, Hot
Nice place to work
STUDENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 30, 2018
Very relaxed, easy to ask questions. I learned a lot about customer service, and computer related issues. There was a lot of team communication. everyone seemed to enjoy it.
Highly collaborative work environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 29, 2018
I worked as a graduate teaching assistant in Chemistry. It was challenging as well as a fun job. I always got the full support and help you need for the successes.
Beautiful campus and nice colleagues
Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 25, 2018
Overall a good environment with available support and helpful colleagues. Culture was productive and creative allowing for new ideas. Alumni were appreciative of their OSU experience.
Good place to work for a graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 19, 2018
I worked at OSU for 2 years as a graduate teaching and research assistant. The best thing about the benefits that the graduate assistant gets, paid health insurance(including dental), 100% tuition remission and no extra student fees. The pay for a 0.5 FTE is enough for the cost of living in the area. The environment is research-oriented and the professors are helpful. The only con i can think of is the weather as it rains a lot.
OSU has a wide spectrum of careers, job conditions
Research Associate (Postdoc) (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 19, 2018
Because of the variety of job types at OSU, every individual will have a very different experience in their career there. While many instructors work under less-than-ideal conditions, some instructors find their working environment ideal. You can find similar variation in the experiences of tenured faculty, tenure-track faculty, and non-tenured research faculty, as well as support staff. Much of the quality of the working experience at OSU depends on which college one is working in, and the makeup of the administration, both at the college and at the university level, at any given time.
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 18, 2018
Extremely relaxed position which is great for students. It affords you the ability to work on your own coursework. Classes you assist will definitely make you more familiar with the source material, as you see and are exposed to many common mistakes.

As a student, it was one of the most compatible jobs I could have had, and it helped me grow knowledge of the classes I assisted. It also opened opportunities in fields I never though of moving towards.
Pros
Flexible Hours/schedule, independent, great for networking among academics
Cons
Low pay
Its a job.
Maintenance and Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 15, 2018
Its a job. Not a forever job but it was enough until I found something else. It's easy going and they work with your schedule if need be. They would take you back if you needed to because the turn over rate is pretty short.
Good intership
Integrated business plan (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 15, 2018
It is actually part of my program and I have learned a lot during the process. It offered us how a real business operates and gave us a great advantage for our future career.
Fun and engaging place to work
Intramural Sports Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 7, 2018
Helped organize and run various intramural sporting events as well as incoming freshmen orientation. Very fun, hard working, and dedicated group of people to work with!
another stupid survey questions
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 5, 2018
Here is another stupid survey question about a job I have not worked in years why do you keep asking me this stuff when I could be doing other things like looking for work
Teaching Assistant
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 3, 2018
Easy to grade and teach for undergraduates. Professors are easy to work with. Could only work up to 10 hours so I had to get two jobs while here. Other wise its a great place to work.
Ethics?
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 2, 2018
I ran into a big problem with plagiarism among graduate students, and found that the school deans and administrators didn't know anything about enforcing their own policies. Like many other places, bring adjunct means being entirely reliant on student popularity polls (i.e. course evaluations) for continued employment. Not impressed.
Osu
Operations Manager, University Housing and Dining (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 25, 2018
OSU is a pretty good place to work, it provides vast opportunities for training. The only down side is there is a lot of politics that go along with working at a University and OSU is no stranger to that. I have had a few really good supervisors and a few really bad supervisors. Overall, if someone is starting their career there, it will provide future opportunity for professional growth through a lot of training opportunities, and cross collaboration between departments.
Oregon State is an international public research university
Faculty Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 20, 2018
Oregon State is an international public research university that draws people from all 50 states and more than 100 countries. We go wherever the challenges are, push ourselves to the very edge of what’s known and keep going. We are determined to forge solutions. We are diverse and welcoming. We embrace our responsibility to Oregon and the world, building a future that’s smarter, healthier, more prosperous and more just. We see what could be and have worked relentlessly for 150 years to make it so.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
poor discipline
MBA Program was good
MBA Student (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 20, 2018
Went through the OSU MBA program. Group projects and classroom discussions provided students the opportunity to study/work in real world like situations.
I wouldn't go back
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 18, 2018
Working in the department that I did the management didn't run it. There was an office specialist that has been there longer than any of the management and that person was allowed to run the office. My immediate supervisor was amazing. Don't get me wrong they are all very nice people but they need some direction from upper management.