Oriana House, Inc. Employee Reviews

Working for Oriana House was a wonderful experience.
assessment specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 4, 2018
I had some incredible Supervisors over the years I learned so much, and my experience will be valuable throughout my career. The wages were low, but the benefits were great.
Pros
Great staff and benefits.
Cons
Low wages.
Resident Supervisor
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 20, 2018
Descent facility and Great Boss very open minded, this job gives you a chance if educated to move up within the company. There is a Great Life insurance and benefits package. The other senior staff are so knowledgeable they train you so you can move up shortly in company and do plenty of paperwork on clients.
Pros
Life insurance
Cons
n/a
July 3, 2018

Oriana House, Inc., prides itself in offering a rich, comprehensive benefits plan. Thank you for recognizing this. I am also happy to hear that you are having a good experience.
Director of Human Resources

Good work environment but low pay
Recovery Coach Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 20, 2018
Stressful due to the type of Clients. Employees are underpaid. Good place to learn about the field. High turnover. No lunch break provided. The part I like best is feeling as though I may help someone to live a more productive life free of drugs and alcohol.
July 3, 2018

Working in the social services field can be difficult at times but the reward of seeing clients succeed often outweighs the negatives. The Agency tries to review salaries compared to other like agencies and adjust them when fiscally able. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Director of Human Resources

Unable to retain staff/poor morale
Resident Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJune 15, 2018
Staff are not treated fairly. Management does not care how many days in a row one works or what you have going on in your personal life. Management does not help out on the floor. Lots of micro-managing. Management treats the clients better than staff and will take the clients word over the employee. They don't stand behind the staff. No appreciation for a job well done.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Long hours, mandated to work many days in a row, no breaks, poor management
July 3, 2018

I hear your concerns and would like to discuss them with you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Director of Human Resources

Workplace fun depends on the department worked. Moral needs to be built up.
Payroll Clerical (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 15, 2018
Working with the clients is not hard if they are there to learn from the wrong life choices they have ;made. Management can be difficult at times. A typical day at work can be rewarding. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing the clients succeed.
Love It !
Treatment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 11, 2018
I am extremely grateful to have the opportunity to work for this company, as Oriana House is able to recognize where some is at in their life and not focus solely on where they have been. If it wasn't for this company, I wouldn't be where I am today in my profression. Oriana House hired me with no formal experience (internships only), completion of a bachelor degree, and they were willing to take a chance on me despite having two F4's on my record. Through my time, I have grown as a professional and gained knowledge, as well as insight about the disease of addiction and the processe of recovery. Also, for the the past three years OHI has reimbused some of my tuition for graduate school. This company has done nothing but elevated me to the next level in life...Thank you Oriana House, Inc.
Pros
Excellent pay, lots of advancement opportunitites, structured treatment, lots of trainings.
Cons
Constant change, minimal breaks, turn over.
July 3, 2018

I am glad you are having such an excellent experience at the Agency! Yes, tuition reimbursement is one of the excellent benefits we offer. We are also a Federal Student Loan Forgiveness employer as well.

good review
Shift Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 9, 2018
Excellent place to work. Management team is always helpful and whenever someone calls off management steps up and fill in the schedule. Fully staff and you always get your time off when requested.
Pros
air condition
Cons
short breaks
July 3, 2018

It's great to hear that management is leading by example!

Extremely hectic
Wrap Specialist ; Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2018
I worked long hours for a part-time job and fulfilled my duties. I was a federal case worker with prisoners. I had to work overtime and some weekends.
July 3, 2018

I know that working with federal clients can be hectic. I do not have job descriptions that match either job title that you listed but I am willing to discuss your experiences if you would like to contact me. Thank you.

Don't waste your time
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. Poor management. Treat there clients bad. Unsafe environment co workers bring drugs into the place. Leadership protects its bad employees. Never work at CBCF
Pros
Cons
No Lunches low pay
July 3, 2018

The Agency's goal is to provide employees and clients a safe and drug-free environment. We do this through measures such as drug testing, pat down searches, the walk through metal detector (in this facility), and various other measures. Please contact me to discuss your concerns as soon as possible. Thank you.

Terrible company
Resident Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHApril 10, 2018
Like I said this company is terrible! The management show heavy favoritism in scheduling, always subject to massive amounts of overtime. High turnover
Pros
Health insurance.
Cons
Management, 6 day work weeks, no breaks, micro managed, no balance of work and home
July 3, 2018

I'm sorry you had a negative experience. Management schedules employees according to client population and needs. Please contact me if you would like to further discuss your experience.
Director of Human Resources

workers did not treat clients right
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 28, 2018
not trained properly, people took a lot of breaks, faked paperwork, incomplete training, no team work unfair treatment of workers and clients sometimes
Pros
close to home
Cons
unfair treatment
July 3, 2018

The Agency has an on-the-job training curriculum specific to the Resident Supervisor position. When utilized, employees do receive proper training. Please contact me to discuss falsified paperwork and unfair treatment of employees and clients. Thank you.

Good Starting Point
Cognitive Skills Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 27, 2018
A good place to start in a criminal justice career. Highly advanced in Evidence Based Practices and Core Correctional Practices approaches. Has a focus on reducing recidivism. There are facilities in 3 regions in the state. Each region functions differently and has its own pros/cons.
Pros
Higher level positions are flexible
Cons
Often understaffed
July 3, 2018

We are glad you effectively implemented EBP and CCP with clients and embraced the Agency's mission statement. Thank you for your service and best wishes in your future endeavors.
Director of Human Resources

A lot of client and staff interaction, Ability to help clients with the next steps of their lives
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Working for Oriana House, Inc. is an amazing experience because I get the chance to change lives and interact with clients on a daily basis. There are 132 clients that reside in the halfway house so it allows me to interact with a variety of clients. The management team is very hands on and tend to lead by example which makes it easy for staff to follow their lead. The workplace culture is fast-paced so it helps my ability to multi-task. The hardest part of the job is the heavy staff turnover. Staff members are either moving on to other opportunities within the agency or they leave due to the fast-paced culture. The most enjoyable part of the job includes being able to help others whether its by motivation, giving kind words, or helping them to improve their situations by providing resources.
Pros
Unlimited overtime, Growth Opportunities
Cons
Heavy staff turnover
July 3, 2018

Multi-tasking in a fast-paced, large facility is a valuable attribute you bring to the job. Management role-modeling and leading by example is excellent to hear about. Being a Resident Supervisor is a great opportunity for someone to help a client change his/her life. Thank you for all that you do on a daily basis.
Director of Human Resources

Very self-involved job with great staff.
Resident Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 20, 2018
I worked at the RIPP facility. The job itself is hard to describe on a day to day basis. One day would be very easy, with little to do other than what is required on each shift, and the next could be a non-stop day where you have little time to catch your breath. Interacting with clients can also vary. You deal with all kinds of people, some nice and willing to work with you, others can make you want to pull your hair out. The best thing about working there however was the fellow staff and the management did a great job of being present and assisting when needed and creating a work place that was great to work in.

You may not have the schedule you want, or every weekend off, but the schedules are consistent so there is no problem planning around it. Time off is plenty and supervisors were always more than willing to work with me when time was needed. Benefits were also good.

Overall it was a great experience.
Pros
Staff, schedules, management.
July 3, 2018

The Agency does offer a generous time off package with 10 personal-sick days and 10 vacation days during the first year of employment. I am glad you had a positive experience at the RIPP facility. Best of luck to you.
Director of Human Resources

Very difficult to want to work for the low wages and stressful culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Unsure how to assess what’s advertised vs what’s reality at this place... apparently it’s all about billable services and not people or employees... sad
Pros
A job
Cons
Stress
July 3, 2018

We do not employ customer service representatives.

Back stabbing management
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHFebruary 6, 2018
RS position does all the work, receives all the blame. Management wont back staff. Management hides in the back rooms to avoid having to see the inmates.
July 3, 2018

If you contact me about your concerns I would be happy to discuss this with you.

look out
Resident Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJanuary 27, 2018
The staff i worked with were great any further than that the place was a health hazard. management didnt care about nothing but what was going on in their lives
July 3, 2018

The Agency is regularly audited and as such, must meet numerous health and safety regulations. Regarding your management concerns, you can contact me to discuss them.

Would Not Recommend
Volunteer/Intern - applicant (Former Employee) –  AkronJanuary 10, 2018
I recently put in an application, but with hours not being signed from an internship/volunteer work with them. I would not accept the previous supervisor or under $50,000.00 a year full time. Anyone who spent over 130 course credits in an addiction bridge program, learning addiction deserves that. Last time I was there, they used generic forms that many where legal risks. I would be very stipulative, but that is profession. The DSM teaches us that if problems associated with an addiction warrant a type of substance use diagnosis. You call that an addiction, it becomes a disorder.
July 3, 2018

Please contact me with your concerns as I am not exactly clear as to what they are.

Good training
Substance Abuse Counselor - IOP (Current position) (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 8, 2018
OHI is a good place to learn skills as a new employee. . Good insurance and benefit package. Job duties can be stressful and constant procedural changes.
Pros
work schedule, working with clients and client care
July 3, 2018

Duties for treatment staff did change significantly due to the behavior health redesign. Our benefits package is exceptional, thank you.

Don’t do it.
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHDecember 20, 2017
Terrible place to work... Will tell you within the last 30 minutes of your shift that you need to stay another 4 hours with no regard to what you have going on. 6 day work weeks. Lots of mandatory meetings/trainings too. But good luck finding coverage so you can go to them. The clients are more trustworthy than the management. The job itself is stressful but the management makes it 1000x worse.
Pros
Cons
No lunch or breaks, long hours, untrustworthy management, no appreciation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oriana House, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Oriana House, Inc. Reviews by Location