Orica Employee Reviews

Orica is a well run global company
Process Improvement Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Minden, LAJuly 29, 2018
Orica pays well and has good benefits. Sometimes requires extensive travel. Opportunities to travel globally. Business objectives can change drastically which sometimes triggers layoffs. Also very susceptible to economic downturns.
Pros
Good pay and travel opportunities
Cons
Watch out for recessions
Awful environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  South Point, OHJuly 2, 2018
Good luck if you wanna work here always work weekends and 10 hour shifts. This place is going under soon. Don’t wanna pay the employees what they deserve and even though they offer benefits they’re not good.
Pros
Cons
Dont work here
A solid place to work
FIELD ASSET SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 21, 2018
The company is fair to work for compared to others of its size. The company has gone through restructures recently and because of that it seems as if some aspects are mismanaged severely.
N/a
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Minden, LAMarch 27, 2018
Fine global company with great benefits. Opportunities for advancement are scarce and the leadership changes approximately every three years. I had seven managers in the six years I've been with the organization.
productive
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMarch 21, 2018
a typical factory setting in a chemical plant. lots of workers liked it because of the diversity in the plant. management was fair to all employees.
Pros
lunch free for safety days
Cons
lots of overtime on occasion
Productive Workplace
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bonne Terre, MOMarch 8, 2018
Productive workplace, organized, I like working for this company have been on with them for 3 years just seeing what else may be out there. The job is located out doors and that can get rough at times.
Do not work here
Mmu (Current Employee) –  Wise, NCMarch 6, 2018
You do not want to work at the wise North Carolina branch. The manager is a total idiot. Little or no concern for safety if it cost money to be safe. Truck maintenance is only performed when something falls off the truck.
Cons
Terrible manager
Worked in the operations end of the business
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Managed day-to-day operation - coordinated and assigned jobs and employees
Was SAP Coordinator for Northeast - OTR,PO,MM,BOM, Logistic, Inventory and Reconciliation
Reported to Corporate management

Workplace Culture: Safety First

Hardest part of job: On Site Operation / Field work

Most Enjoyable: The people, Traveling, Always learning
Benefits
Executive finance assessment
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Watkins, COJanuary 9, 2018
Finance executive management team turnover is extreme leading to far too many changes in business direction. Far too many layoffs, restructure changes resulting in losing some great experienced personnel. Restructure changes do not make sense.....Executive finance manager is fairly new and has eliminated positions of those that share different opinions about the areas of expertise these managers directly oversee.
Low hourly pay
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Was no chance for advancing in company, was just another number.. to much favoritism and always treated like a child on his first day of school. Over all I liked working for the company, I was just not in the managers click. It's too bad becomes I liked the work, just no room for advance for me.
booster department
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  BataanNovember 26, 2017
first we prepare all the chemicals needed in our job
then we mixing it, we have a big pot in the area
after the chemicals are milted we pore it the dynamite cylinder
the finish products is dilivered to the mining companies around the world
Safe and health work place
Supply Chain Officer (Former Employee) –  ChambishiNovember 25, 2017
Orica is not a bad company except that management styles differs.
I liked the working culture and career development prospect. The working hours are ok.
Pros
Career developmentsponsorship
Cons
Limited health insurance
People are great
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Watkins, CONovember 7, 2017
Like any company focused on natural resources, Orica definitely has cycles and is coming out of a tough time for the mining industry. But, the people I work with are fantastic, very supportive and really make it fun to be at the office. I have met and worked with so many people from a variety of countries, it's a truly global company. The pay at Orica is very competitive, and I often hear from former employees that once they leave Orica - they quickly realize that the grass isn't always greener. I really like my job and love the people I work with!
Pros
Free Bbq lunch every Friday, on site yoga and fitness classes, smoothie bar, great benefits
Cons
Australia Corp office tough with the time differences sometimes
Orica a black hole
Sr. Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Watkins, COOctober 17, 2017
Don't waste your time. The company has a high turnaround and poor cut-throat culture where management gets rid of people even if they are performing well.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Almost None
Was a great place to work
Packaging, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bluefield, WVSeptember 15, 2017
Everybody would help you when you needed it. Even though it was a quick pace job, you was still able to have fun while getting your work done. I would highly recommend this job to a friend.
Overall good place to work
License blaster/ MMU operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJuly 13, 2017
Is a good place to work, consists of early morning and long hours. Promotion is there but very unlikely. No weekends or holiday work is a plus. Overtime when needed
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not much room for promotion
I love the work there, liked the guys i worked with, had a great customer relationship.
Truck Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 30, 2017
Overall a good company to work for, hours you work are very brutal n fluctuate terribly. They don't strive in company advancement n don't have any programs to help a person move forward in the company. They tell you one thing n they totally do the opposite for you. Some management internal problems, too many people think there bosses n don't get held accountable for there jobs. There sales division is very poor, customer relationship with salesman is terrible. They have the work people in certain sales positions.
Great place with great teamwork
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Galena, ILApril 28, 2017
Excellent place for a career. A typical day consisted of scheduling, maintaining equipment and constantly adapting to a changing environment. Management was top notch. The most enjoyable part of the job was working directly with customers and employees.
Hard work very long days
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMMarch 14, 2017
Management tripping over there own rules and won't follow them. No ownership within the company. Safety is only important in meetings and when the big man shows up, after that it's back to the same old same old. Driver pay is behind in comparison to over the road driving you need the over time just to make ends meet.12-16 hrs days if your lucky.
Pros
Good benefits that cost alot
Cons
Poor management to much hype not enough action.
Management no duty of care, employees are just number to them
Operator (Former Employee) –  West AustarliaFebruary 19, 2017
Management/supervisor are unrealistic. Working 12hrs a day plus 1/2hr drive to camp each way, almost everyday supervisor/ manager let everyone go home 1hour after our shift finish. We don't get over time. By the time we get to camp eat dinner and do laundry we only have maximum 6 hrs sleep before the next shift... Where is "Duty of Care". Staff is always fatigue because not having enough rest after a more than 12 hrs work. No work balance....can't even go to the time to get fit.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Way too long hours with out overtime pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orica. Our community is ready to answer.