Original ChopShop Employee Reviews

Dont waste your time.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZJuly 31, 2018
Management was bad,food is gross.Was told there was room to advance, didn't happen. Was not told at hire pay was 7.05 +tips bringing pay to 10.00 pr hr.Management was not interested in input from customers or staff.
nasty workplace
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  queen creekMarch 12, 2018
I didnt like working there everyone is loud and obnoxious. they dont clean anything right and the managers talk nasty about everyone to the workers. But they do make sure everything is cooked right, just not on clean dishes.
Pros
easy
Cons
annoying
Depends on where you work how it goes
Cook (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZFebruary 28, 2018
In the front of house for Chop Shop they treat you really well, in the back of Chop Shop I watched people come and go every week. There was a ridiculous amount of drama in the back and when we were short staffed I never saw my family because of school and they knew that.
Original Chop Shop
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 20, 2017
A typical day at Chopshop is usually breezy there's an early typical morning rush but once eleven hits, the store begins to get increasingly busy for most of the afternoon. Each employee has a station they're assigned to with tasks to complete before the end of their shift. Over the years, I learned how to multitask like a boss. The environment can at times, be very fast paced, i've learned how to handle difficult situations with ease and confidence. The hardest parts of this job was memorizing the menu and dealing with many turnovers of general employees and managers. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting amazing human beings, when there's downtime (mostly in between rush times) you can really connect with people and most of all make great friendships in and outside of work! My career at this company has sadly reached it's dead end but this place still rocks and 'll forever recommend the paleo peanut butter cookie.
Pros
1/2 off food 30% off retail
Cons
little to no guidance
Great place to work with so many friendly people
Cross trained from cashier to cook (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJune 26, 2017
Great work environment. Great people and culture with a team who all works together. Everyone has a similar work ethic, and the management helps out when needed and love to make people smile.
Pros
Free lunches, listen to your own music
Cons
Cramped spaces
Productive, fun, and friendly environment
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work consists of me clocking in, making sure everything is stocked and ready for the day. Cleaning tables and making sure that the customers have been helped and that they are ensured a comfortable experience. The management is great, and the workplace is a comfortable place where there are no issues. The hardest part of the job is when it gets really busy during the lunch rush and the line is out the door, causing many of us to multitask. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and the many people I meet on the daily working there.
Productive and unique restaurant to work at
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 25, 2015
Healthy and happy environment to work in
They strive to give you quality healthy food in a very fast manor and strive to keep a relaxing ambiance in the restaurant. I learned to keep up with the requests of each customer and to promote quality customer service, Management is well organized and communication is good. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i get to talk to the customers when I am taking their order, and that I am alwasy learning something new.
Pros
fast pace, lunch discount, moderate work load
Cons
Short breaks, disgruntled customers, short shifts
Fast-Pace, busy work environment. Fun work culture.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 3, 2015
Chopshop (Tempe) was a fast, fun, busy work environment. Heavy traffic during lunch and dinner rushes. Near ASU, so young, hip culture. New company, so ever-changing and flexible. Learned about healthy, clean eating. Great, family-like staff.

Want to know more about Original ChopShop?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Original ChopShop. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about