Original ChopShop

Original ChopShop Employee Reviews

United States29 reviews
N/a
Great job. I miss everything. Keep up the good work. Very nice people and a good work space. I love it here omg. I cannot wait until I visit again. Thanks!
No sense
The original chop shop I-10 and Warner is the most disorganized kitchen and staff boh seriously needs to be helped. Specially the evening shift the grill and sandwich station is ran by a gross uncleaned person
No breaks, poor management, calling in sick is a fireable offense
I worked here for 4 months, it was my worst job experience, and the end of it was fitting. The pay wasn't bad, sure it was minimum wage, but the tips brought it up to around $11/hr so I can't complain. The management almost always was criticizing the work of myself and my coworkers, to a ridiculous degree. I had no breaks. I got sick a few times (it was flu season), and called in with appropriate notice. I got fired because of the times I called in, even though I did all I could to get shifts covered and called in as early as I could.
Lots of Positivity
The work environment was really positive and caring. There was little drama and a lot of support from team members. The best part was learning how to make really healthy food. A good place for students to work at.
Pros
Discounted food, short lunch rushes
Cons
Very early morning start for morning shift
Very fun place to work at
Over all a very up beat place to work in. From the customers to every employee everyone there has a positive energy and truly wants better for themselves by eating food that's good for them.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
If you want low pay, old food, and short hours, come work at Original Chopshop on MacArthur.
Horrible location. Extremely slow, no business. Food is held for hours, no rotation. Food is not cooled properly before being refrigerated. Old food is served daily. Managers aren't professional.
Always be on guard
favoritism is very prevalent in this company creating a more hunger games environment than one of "Feel Good" atmosphere. They do not practice what they preach by any means at all but do serve one amazing product.
Great place to work, but low pay for FOH
Management and my coworkers are awesome. People who work Front of House are less paid than Back of House with little to no benefits. I love working here!
It’s a decent job
I work part time so I don’t work that many hours. But the hours are pretty good. They are flexible and will work with your schedule. The culture has changed over the year but there are some good people that work there.
It's a nice place to work
Good pay, friendly workers, good management. The tip is great, sometimes checks hit $500-600. The food is alright, the shakes and juices are bomb. The sandwiches are pretty good too
fun workplace
Cool environment but management was not great. Some of the employees refused to work, but the rest of the crew was ready to work and enjoyed being there.
Cook
I don’t recommend this to no nobody! There’s a lot of favoritism in the shop! The management consta talk bad about people behind your back rather then speak to you on how you can improve ! There’s a lot of drama here as well! You don’t ever get your 40 hours, they don’t offer paid vac and nor do they give raises here! No matter how many times you ask! They start you at the minimum wage and you stay like that. When I worked here they didn’t ask for foods handler card after a year in! That says a lot Bout the shop!
Productive and energetic work place
Original Chop-shop has by far been one of my best jobs to work at. Management was exceedingly well, always having one-on-one meetings with every individual, every week about our stats and work flow. The hardest part of the job was handling back to back $1000+ caterings along with our afternoon rush. A typical day at work was mainly prepping for our rush's, training the new workers, handling inventory, and being in charge of Expo. My most enjoyable part of the job had to have been spending time with the people I worked with and always talking with our regular's. I have learned so much from this job, from understanding how to train the new employees, how to have a great work flow and be productive, learn time management, have great communication with co-workers as well as learning how to efficiently problem solve sticky situations. An average shift there was about 6-9 hours.
Pros
Free food, Recognized for hard work, Great teamwork, flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced and fun place to work at
This place was always busy you're never bored! The management is amazing, they really promote a positive work environment. Job is not too hard but keeps yo on your toes!
Pros
free drinks and some food items, 50%off food.
Cons
sometimes it gets toooo busy
Why are the employees so rude..
I worked here a couple years back when I first started college. I was told that I would have a flexible schedule being a full time college student. Most of the time they’d scheduled me outside my availability and for whatever reason I felt like none of my coworkers here liked me? (They would look annoyed to talk to me) Not even really the managers themselves. I felt really out of place and I’m glad I got out of there as soon as I could.
Pros
Cons
Not flexible, stressful
Had a Great Concept which healthy was amazing
Had a Great Concept, had fresh food, nothing frozen which was nice, nice environment to work. Had hard workers, everyone ready to work, High Volume everyday, company was expanding which created a hug window of opputunity for new workers and employees to be promoted within the company.
Great work environment
Original Chopshop is a great place to work if you have varying hours. They are flexible with your schedule and will schedule you according to what you need. The work environment is super fun and you get to work with really great people who are really helpful.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great for people who are in high school .
Great atmosphere until something bad happens then you see a whole different side of them . Mornings usually are the fast paced and nights are kind of slow some days but then it picks up . Kind people , just a good place to get in and out .
Pros
50% discount, free drinks on the clock, flexible hours
Cons
Not really any
Restaurant
It was a great experience and a fun environment! Management needs work on creating a successful work appropriate environment as well. Co workers were amazing and great discount.
Don’t try. Let me explain.
So I worked at the Scottsdale location about a year ago for only a short period as they were no longer working with my schedule. I always came in with a smile on my face and greeted everyone I saw as I clocked in, despite never being able to make friends with my co-workers as they basically ignored me. I always went out of my way to do more than I was told but I was never acknowledged. I got ridiculed whenever I had made a simple mistake (which was only from time to time since they barely had trained me at all, so I had to pretty much guess.) by the time my semester was ending, I had to move for the summer and I had to leave the job anyhow.

Fast forward to now, I went in to the Tempe location just this last Monday and was hired on the spot, in hopes of the management here would be different. I come in for orientation 2 days later, filled out all of my W2’s information and had a set schedule.

The day after that I get a message from the management at Tempe that I supposedly “called out so often” that I cannot he hired there. I’ve only called out literally once out of my entire time being there. It completely screwed me over, so because of this I cannot pay for my bills. Don’t step foot in here. They hardly train, co-workers I had were rude, and it’s just stressful. I was coming in with the attitude that maybe things would be different but they just proved themselves wrong. Let this be a huge red flag.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Stressful, Rude management, unreliable, not guarranteed
Dont waste your time.
Management was bad,food is gross.Was told there was room to advance, didn't happen. Was not told at hire pay was 7.05 +tips bringing pay to 10.00 pr hr.Management was not interested in input from customers or staff.
Pros
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Original ChopShop. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5