ORION DRILLING COMPANY

Working at ORION DRILLING COMPANY: 34 Reviews

United States34 reviews

paycompanygoodworkingmanagementgreatworkemployee

some good some bad

good people, bad management at times from too much pressure for the top, good people made bad calls due to this. Monday morning quarterbacking over every decision made, if it was not the way they would have done it,

Good company

It was a good company good infinity tools good and respectful people good crew and good rig manager 14 years untill they close the company i learn alot i started from the bottom floors to lead thong and derrickman and never stop learning

ORION DRILLING COMPANY insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Team Work

While on location everyone would work as a team. with everyone helping with job safety and productivity. Would have liked that the company would give us more support in the parts department.

Pros

Good employees

Cons

Office Management

Too much favoritisms

They have to much favoritisms on this company by supervisors and pushers and they don’t you move up in company and to much slavery there with management

Orion in a downward spiral with no return

Company has no direction, Management is non-existent. Slow to no paying their past vendors always seeking new vendors because poor pay history. Drilling crews OK but equipment is old and faulty and repair parts are robbed from stacked rigs. No chance of advancement at all.

Was a good company

The beginning of working for Orion Drilling was great. The Former CEO at the time was great on TOP of everything and really cared for the employees. The managers were wonderful at that time We had good benefits.

Pros

Pay was good

Cons

Last two years Poor management

Good place to develop and work

Good place to develop and work. Able to advance and get promotions. Had opportunity to work in multiple departments and divisions. Growing company with good reputation.

Pros

Flexibility

Benefits

Wrongfully terminated

I was out on hitch and had to leave early due to a family related incident. Attempted to contact HR for a while week while leaving voicemails and was ignored and never called back or contacted by email. Found out through word of mouth that I had been terminated. The reason given was that I along with 2 other crew members showed up to the worksite drunk and didn't show up to the safety meeting when JSA and morning safety meeting paperwork was signed and completed before meeting began.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management & in my case being wrongfully terminated.

Constant flow

team work is critical, constant flow of responsibilities and always learning something new in regards to making operation flow better through out the day

Pros

pay good

Cons

drive to and from

Bad work environment

Very bad management, lots of family or friends working together no room for advancement. Poor equipment maintenance, & Saftey was very often overlooked.

orion has always kept me working

i have been with orion through many slow downs and they have always kept me working, i have given them 110% at all times on and off work. I just have to keep up my 14-14 schedule.

Pros

great pay

Productive and Friendly

It's a great place to work just does not provide much growing opportunity. I would like a higher pay but the people are very friendly. It is hectic at times and exhausting but nothing i'm not already used to.

Depends on the rig. I worked on 2

18 was incredible. Advancement was no issue if you just worked and took pride in your work an handled your business ... 13 sucked Nobody Cared about about anything or anybody. Overall they are a very good Co Youre a name not a number. Be loyal to them an they’ll treat you right.

Pros

Good pay. Smaller Co. You’re a name not a number

Cons

Sketchy upper management at times.

Bad management

Management is a joke it's all favorites at this company. Trucking supervisor sends us drivers to west Texas to move are rigs and 3rd party rigs.So they can get a pay off from South Texas fencing to move are rig down south. Truck pusher doesn't know what he is doing but he gets drunk every night and forgets to call drivers to line then up for jobs.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad management

Working at Orion Drilling Company.

The was definitely a physically demanding job, and also included many highway miles. The job was always a good distance from were I lived, but this job really improved my skills as a worker in many different categories. Also working with a variety of people escalated my team working skills.

Pros

Very good pay.

Cons

A very dirty job.

Lots of hours.

Got plenty of hours. I did not like the living conditions in the rig houses. No quiet time or privacy. Had to use my own money to buy parts/oil changes for company vehicles and had a hard time getting reimbursed.

Pros

Lots of hours, company truck/gas card.

Cons

No credit card for buying parts. Had to use my own money.

Management is a joke

Worked out of the Corpus Christi TX location. Bunch of Bonehead Cowboys running this organization. When Oil and Gas slowed down, jobs came down to their favorites. HR department is a joke. It's actually run by the owners Daughter.

Pros

Days of every 7 days

Cons

Living conditions on the rig is terrible

Good empmoyees

Its a job but the management sucks. Its a very stressful work enviroment but it pays the bills. The crew i work on is a good group of guys we all get along and work together as a team.

Pros

Work scedule

Cons

Stressful

I loved this place!!!

What an amazing Company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone. What a great group of people! Such a family atmosphere, Very respectable, oilfield with a ton of class.

Productive and Gratifying

Excellent Compensation Excellent Benefits Job Security Enjoyed my job and the responsibilities Opportunities within the employer Professional Relationships

Pros

Compensation

Cons

None that I can think off

fun and helpful work place

its a great company to work I want to go back there some day the company cares about its people when they are in need of help they do what they can to help you easy to get alone with everyone there hard work but sure is fun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ORION DRILLING COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits