Orion Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Clear task details and support
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAMay 21, 2018
I learned a lot about my skills and about skill-building as an intern at Orion. It was a pleasant workplace culture, and I could work for 1-2 hours at specific tasks. Learning new skills was difficult, but management was patient with teaching. I liked being proud of my work product.
Pros
patient support
productive, engaging, hands on
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 5, 2018
It was a great experience to work at Orion industries. The staff were a great help in guiding me towards meeting my work related goals. The varying tasks I was able to do and try out was interesting. I personally enjoyed shipping the most.
Pros
Great place to learn and evaluate your skills.
Cons
certain jobs can reeally burn you out.
Save yourself the stress
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAApril 3, 2018
This place does not care about your personal growth or anything else. They pressure you down so much that you want to quit. If the management cared they would listen to there workers. Get rid of the whole EC department and start over. New manager and all
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Everything else
james thoughts
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
it was well, learned a lot from bill johnson fast paced timely fashion, dedicated hard worker this is definitely the place for you. has 2 other departments in 1
Balanced and relaxed atmosphere. Wonderful bosses and good incentive programs.
CONTACT CENTER SPECIALIST LEVEL 1 (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 8, 2017
A typical workday consisted of answering calls and providing training, information and technical support for contract accounts. I learned a lot about fishing and hunting rules and regulations for the state of WA. My supervisor was very nice and easy to talk to. She worked with employees to get help and answers for questions and to balance work and home life demands. The hardest part of the job was the insecurity of the contracts. The most enjoyable part of the job were to people I worked with and the bosses that I had. I was happy to go to work everyday.
Pros
Employee incentives. Mini mart on site. Lunches provided regularly for employees.
Cons
Contract insecurity.
Seasonal Temp
Multi-Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 24, 2017
This was a very laid back seasonal position. I enrolled people in health care, I wouldn't mind getting evolved in this type of work again. I enjoyed working alone.
Pros
laid back work place
Cons
n/a
Productive and excellent work place
Front Desk Receptionist assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 22, 2017
Orion is a great place for training programs, job placement, multi-cultural people skills and a learning environment. I've enjoyed working for and learning skills from all different parts of the company.
Pros
Always having to ability to learn and grow
relaxed and employee oriented
Multi service specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 9, 2017
great place to work the employer do care for their employees. And will try to work with you as much a possible. Understands there is life issues that can not be avoided.
They were helpful
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 28, 2017
They were helpful in helping me to advance my career. Everyone on the floor was really nice and encouraging. I would say Orion is a great stepping stone to furthering your career
Liked the company mission
Shipping/Receiving Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 11, 2017
The environment is all about the company mission. Orion uses a machine shop to pay for and train their mission of retraining and helping people with mental and physical challenges re-enter the work force. Orion has a great mission, but the company is too cliquish. Departments do not interact with each other, and this causes resentment. Supervisors have their favorites and others are left behind. the shop is about small groups, not the whole shop as a team.
Pros
Helping others succeed
Cons
Favoritism
Good compay with friendly people
Aerospace electronics assembler (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAAugust 10, 2017
Management does an efficient job to make employees happy. On occasion if we do good as a team we get free pizza or donuts. Coworkers are friendly and willing to help.
Good inside job
Wave Solder Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2017
• Setup, run and maintain the wave solder, industrial cleaners, lead trimming machines
• Order all supplies and Order and store oil and grease for machine
• Assigned duties Supervised 1 to 3 people
Pros
Supervised alot od differnt staff
Cons
area was last resort for the rest of the company. probation area.
Fast paced work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 15, 2017
Orion is a great place for job training and skill building. Orion was able to provide a comprehensive training program for office skills as well as other skill building support.
productive place
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
a very productive area but very hard working and many hard workers, co-workers are great but work is too much, very hot and very boring place to work in for teens.
i liked being there
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 18, 2017
I liked working in manufacturing and I liked working with the people. I wish I would have done better so I didn't get let go and then I could of been working at Boeing in renton wa by now.
Pros
good money and was kinda fun
Cons
no cons
fun place to work employees are good people
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 25, 2017
productive work days management was exceptional. hardest part of the work day figuring out what night shift did.Most enjoyable was my co-workers and the comradery.
good mission
CNC Machine Lead (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 16, 2016
i liked my time with Orion the have a strong background and equal missions it was a joy to help various people. I had the joy of watching not only clients but staff members as well grow.
Pros
helping others
Cons
wages could be better
this is a traing facility
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WADecember 7, 2016
Most people that work there are from the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. They take you in, teach you a few skills and the job counselors help you find a better job.
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
short term, minium wage
Awesome Company
Manager Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 4, 2016
It is an organization that values mentorship. It was a pleasure working for a company that is a true social enterprise and the work that they do is highly needed.
Pros
Leadership visibility
Cons
challenge streamlining organization
Orion is a good company to work for.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 12, 2016
Orion is a good company to work for with a brand new facility,however I'm working night shift which doesn't work well with my parenting responsibilities.