Orion Talent Employee Reviews

Poorly Managed Firm With Much Potential
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2019
It is sad seeing an organization with so much potential be strangled by the ideals and business solutions of days past. Upper management refuses to embrace the 21st century and lives in the past. Get ready to step back into 1995 as you try and compete with companies in the present day.
Good culture, best for those with initiative and desire to help veterans
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 11, 2019
The company is focused on its mission to help veterans and has a great reputation in the veteran placement industry. Though there is a good team culture, it does help to be a self-starter with a lot of initiative. This is not a touchy-feely company but opportunities are there to make good money while providing a valuable service.
Pros
Pay, autonomy, no micromanagement, team culture
Cons
So work focused, could add a dose of fun to the culture
Lied about expected HRS and advancement within company they recruited for
Technician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 16, 2019
Company recruited me for a position. Applied and got job but I was told that this company offered advancement of employees rapidly and expected OT was listed with posting. I've been with company for almost a year, no advancement opportunities for any of employees hired with me, no OT as listed with posting. I felt like the recruiter lied to me just to get more employees hired at the time or wasn't sure about the expectations of the job.
Fun competitive job
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2018
Fun sales atmosphere assisting former military to get hired by civilian companies. High pressure at times to succeed but also rewarding environment when successful.
Pros
Competitive environment
Cons
Repetitive work
Productive great work environment.
Veteran Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 22, 2018
Very directed expectations from day one. There is a mission while working for/with Orion Talent, and that is, to help as many qualified veterans and civilians as possible. With very detailed interview preparation to monthly follow-ups for candidates who successfully land great careers. Orion Talent is there every step of the way. I will continue to praise Orion to all transitioning service men and women, that I meet as long as Orion is still in business.
Pros
Important mission, Team oriented and very 'family' like feel.
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and Fun Place to work
MILITARY EMPLOYMENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2018
Great Team environment.
Zero micro-management.
High expectations
Strong mentoring culture
Flexible schedule
Dedicated HR, Marketing
Overall great place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 3, 2018
It is a well funded company with a great business model but the leadership and office culture is superficial and unprofessional. They are well known but not very productive.
Orion
Enlisted Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2018
Orion is hurting due to companies getting savi with their own veteran recruiting. They are a great company to work for and have great people that work there. They are looking hard at how they do business and looking at tech advances to increase productivity.
Changes are needed
Field Service Technician (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2018
Not with Orion, but with their customer. There are some issues that can be avoided. This is my 3rd job with Orion, in the past it has been outstanding. I would still utilize them to seek an employer.
Military Culture
Field Service Technician (Solar Assembler) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2018
Orion Talent is the perfect place to go to in order to translate your military work experience into the workforce and are excellent at placing personnel.
Pros
Easy process
Cons
Vetting
poor management and employee support
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Desert Center, CAMarch 2, 2018
as a contractor don't expect Orion to provide much more than a paycheck. I worked with them for a year and a half and didn't get a review even after asking for it for 6 months. They take so much from your pay and charge the company you actually work for it gives the other company no incentive to hire contractors. their management is so poor they are constantly changing people so the ones that work there for a while are not able to get a raise or review. overall not good company to work for. if you use them just tohelp find a job that a different story.
Good place, not long term career
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 12, 2017
Not a place for long-term careers but decent enough to work at until you can find something better. The mission of the company is good but they are more focus on the business than the customer.
Poor Culture and Micro Managers with Egos
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 16, 2017
I began working at the company with the sole purpose to help veterans like many. Unfortunately the management was going through changes and the entire staff suffered along with a turnover that was the highest I had ever seen in my life. Initially this was a perfect place to be after some very drastic management changes I felt the company did not have a firm grasp as to what direction or what was going on in their offices. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone, this was the worst company I had ever worked for in my life. I would put washing dishes above working for that company again.
Pros
The mission to help veterans find jobs
Cons
Micro-managing, working on weekends, expendable attitude
good
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 21, 2017
Good company to work great environment alot of pre and on the job training travel the world learn new things meet new people great chance to advise one of the major companies
Pros
Stay business
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company.
Field Ticketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 1, 2016
The pay was nice even though I chose not to get benefits through their insurance. It was a Temporary position but the experience with them was nice and great communication.
Ridiculous Boys club antics.
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 24, 2016
Well, I can only honestly rate management, job culture and the overall rating part at this location, due to the silliness involved with interviewing with these clowns. The West Chester boys club - too funny. You better know how to talk sports, kiss the proverbial rear end and somehow connect with a group of narcissistic folks in a full day interview. They run you through the gamut and let you sit with the whole team for the popularity contest, then the phone call hazing, where you call 5 or 6 businesses and try to sell them on a company you just walked into 30 minutes prior to. It was a wasted day, but the aforementioned boys club were gracious enough to take me to lunch, so I guess that was a bonus. Unless you were an officer in the service, or enjoy the above description, I wouldn't waste my day, but this is simply an opinion. Those officers on the flight deck that were clueless until they walked into a turning rotor blade, or got blown down the deck by jet blast - ya, that's who you'll be working for and around if the West Chester office is anything like the rest. I was extremely excited to help fellow Veterans and the general idea of what Orion does seems honorable and above critique. This is simply the event I experienced - which was simply ill conceived with some silliness involved. What a day it was.
Pros
Fancy West Chester.
Cons
The culture.
Military placement company
Tower Climber Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 26, 2015
Great company to have help you get your foot in the door. They work hard to keep you in the loop with how things work and what to expect from them and the company that you are going to be placed with.
Fulfilling work & supportive coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2015
Orion International is a recruiting firm assisting military veterans find careers in the civilian work force. There are a few departments that focus on different aspects of the process, such as Account Executives (sales) and Recruiters (finding veterans who need jobs).
Worthless for recruitment
job seeker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2015
Tried many times to use this firm when retiring out of the military. They stood me up multiple times for hiring conferences and never made an attempt to link me to any firm at all. Absolutely worthless. Seldom returned phone calls. I don't recommend at all.
Outstanding Company
Contractor/Bulk Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2014
I am a Armed Forces Veteran and Orion International Inc. takes care of all veterans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orion Talent. Our community is ready to answer.