Orkin Employee Reviews

Great pay for great work.
Pest Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 16, 2019
As a start technician you may not feel like you're not much of an asset to the company. But, you are literally the face of Orkin. Work hard and you will be rewarded.
Pros
Great internal environment (Co-workers)
Cons
Watch what you do and say. Customers are always watching and waiting for the slightest mistake.
"Insulation Department"
Pest Control Technician, Head of insulation (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 15, 2019
Management says they care but it's all about the money. I got heat stroke while insulating. After 30 minutes rest I was asked to finish the job. I couldn't think normally for 2 days after that and got no sympathy.
Pros
Basically work your own schedule.
Cons
No family life unkess you plan for only Sundays. Medical is horrible and expensive
The only good thing about this job is the customers
Technician (Former Employee) –  MckinneyJanuary 13, 2019
I was recently fired after slaving for this company for about a year & a half. Clocking the start of my day from the time I left my driveway to the time I got back home.(was told when I got hired) they’re excuse was that after a 1.5 years they just caught it and it was a new rule that you don’t get paid for drive time. Was never able to take lunch breaks due to customers always being added to my hectic schedule. I got moved to a new territory that was anywhere between an hour & a hour and a half away from my house because they said I had poor performance on my previous route (poor excuse), because I had customers that canceled and residential and commercial accounts begging me to come back. The management in this branch is horrible! The closest thing you will get to getting help or a question answered is a answered phone call if your lucky. The branch manager is always on vacation and when he is there he strictly stays in the office at his desk and doesn’t make any effort on helping any techs when it’s needed most. Especially during hectic summer months. Everything about this corporate America company is shady. They once took $150 out of my paycheck because a customer didn’t want to continue their service because I had solved the issue within 2 months. (Bad roach issue). All that matters to these people are numbers, they could care less about the actually employees or customers, just where the numbers are for the months to keep higher management off their backs. After having to drive over an hour once a week for a pointless meeting and being called ”mediocre techs”, I’m actually  more... thankful it came to this. It’s not worth the chaos, unprofessional, unorganized, unethical, stressful atmosphere. There is a branch full of good techs & office ladies but with the way those poor people are talked to and treated, it’s a wonder there’s even still a mckinney branch open. From the branch manager telling employees to quit and texting them starting arguements up until 2am. Just not worth it. I’d take a minimum wage paying job before taking this one to avoid all the unnecessary mess that comes with it.  less
Pros
Good customers
Cons
Horrible management
Excellent company!
INSPECTOR AND TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 13, 2019
ORKIN is one of the best pest control companies in the industry. They treat their employees and customers well, and they use new technology, updating all the time.
To many hour for the rate of pay
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 6, 2019
I put in more hours then I was getting paid for . Lots of drive time and bad weather never stopped me from doing my job. Seemed like I was on duty 24/7
Pros
Astablished a good relationship with my customers
Cons
Worked to many hours with no help
Long hours-stressful
Branch Manager Training (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2019
Long hours! Could be 10-14 hours a day, Learned all facets of branch level personnel. This was mandatory to be in (BMT) branch manager training program.
Pros
Helping people control pests
Cons
Outside during winter months
Solid place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJanuary 2, 2019
Good place to work, but has recently become less centered on employee welfare, and more centered on driving sales. Company has started micromanaging employees to the point that the environment has become one of high pressure.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 1, 2019
A typical day at Orkin. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, payroll, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Good Place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 28, 2018
I liked working at Orkin. Would have liked to work longer there, but my territory was not the best. Good people and work environment. My Sales Manager was fair and my Branch Manager was very good to work with. People sincerely want you to succeed.
Horrible Management
Inbound/Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 19, 2018
Management is so unprofessional and they lack knowledge. Labor laws and respect means nothig to this company. I wouldn't send my worse enemy to work there
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Management, environment, lack of respect
Great Team To Work With
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 17, 2018
I truely enjoyed working at the Amarillo Orkin Branch. The Managment and Team work at this time was truely amazing. As Managment, Janice showed exceptional leadership and caring commitiment.
Pros
Working with the Team Daily
Cons
Leaving due to Relocation.
If you have a family with kids...
Termite Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 12, 2018
If you have a family with kids then this job is most defiantly not for you more so this position. They switched managers recently and its gone down hill from there. You're expected to be in the office by 7:30 AM. Run your schedule that you build then your required to return to the office. A lot of days I didn't leave until 7-7:30PM! Base pay is LOW. So you better sell business or else. If you want to take home the company car home it will be deducted from your pay.
Pros
Great co-workers!
Cons
Way too many to list
summary
Pest Control Technician and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 11, 2018
I don't want to leave a review. I would like to move on with my apl=plication and I don't appreciate that I need to score all 5 stars to meet the requirements.
No clue
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  MidwestDecember 4, 2018
Senior leadership are a very dishonest group. They will not support you. Very little training. Just out the door and go kill bugs. Not paid correctly or on time. Revolving door of management. If you have any skills or drive go someplace they will appreciate you.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Most things at orkin are cons.
sucks
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCNovember 26, 2018
High pressure sales. Never enough to Make Presidents club. If you have a bad year or couple of months they will look to replace you. I worked there for 8 years. I had to leave.
Great company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 21, 2018
Orkin offers many opportunities and support. There wasn't a time with the company that I was unhappy. I highly recommend Orkin as your next employer.
Fun and awesome place to work.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 18, 2018
Great place to work. Left due to management not helping me out with my route. Kept asking for help but management would reply with 'they're busy at the moment.
The people make it great
Office (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2018
The people within Orkin are some of the best out there. More employees are always needed, and management in the past have been questionable, but the techs themselves are fantastic.
Windshiled time eats in to your pay
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 8, 2018
pest control is actually interesting work, and Orkin knows it's business, I went to the orientation school and really learned a lot that i was surprised to discover was interesting. The draw back is how to scheduled so many people with so many different needs in a manor that allows you time to make money since your paid from commission approx $6. per contract served.
Pros
Work trucks are provided
Cons
You're paid commission
Good honest work but does not care about your home life.
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 23, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Orkin for the most part, because it's a job that pays half way decent. The pay could be a lot better for the amount of time that they are wanting you to put into this job. Just because you finish your scheduled stops for the day, your work day is far from over. You get to call your customers for tomorrow to let them know you will be coming out and figure out at time that works for both parties. Then you get to route them all in order so you're not driving back and forth all day. You'll get done working your stops and getting paid about 5:30pm, then you get to do the rest without being paid and be done about 7pm. Then you get to do it all over again, YAY!! As you can see there isn't any time left really for family. Don't waste your time honestly....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orkin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight