Orkin Employee Reviews

Fun and awesome place to work.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CANovember 18, 2018
Great place to work. Left due to management not helping me out with my route. Kept asking for help but management would reply with 'they're busy at the moment.
The people make it great
Office (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2018
The people within Orkin are some of the best out there. More employees are always needed, and management in the past have been questionable, but the techs themselves are fantastic.
Windshiled time eats in to your pay
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 8, 2018
pest control is actually interesting work, and Orkin knows it's business, I went to the orientation school and really learned a lot that i was surprised to discover was interesting. The draw back is how to scheduled so many people with so many different needs in a manor that allows you time to make money since your paid from commission approx $6. per contract served.
Pros
Work trucks are provided
Cons
You're paid commission
Good honest work but does not care about your home life.
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 23, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Orkin for the most part, because it's a job that pays half way decent. The pay could be a lot better for the amount of time that they are wanting you to put into this job. Just because you finish your scheduled stops for the day, your work day is far from over. You get to call your customers for tomorrow to let them know you will be coming out and figure out at time that works for both parties. Then you get to route them all in order so you're not driving back and forth all day. You'll get done working your stops and getting paid about 5:30pm, then you get to do the rest without being paid and be done about 7pm. Then you get to do it all over again, YAY!! As you can see there isn't any time left really for family. Don't waste your time honestly....
Work
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 20, 2018
Overall a great company. Lack of communication up and down the chain needs to be stronger. During disasters Orkin does not have a plan for branch or employees. Plenty of opportunities to move around and very flexible.
Pros
Fleaxable schedule
Cons
Communication is poor
Fast pace ever changing
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Poca, WVOctober 15, 2018
As a manager you never know what you will be doing from one minute to the next, staffing is a challenge at this branch and managers must be ready to cover all positions on any day.
Good Place to work very laid back
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2018
Good place to work laid back for the most part. Good people to work with. During the summer it;s fast pace but for the most part and enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Management is flexible with schedule
Cons
Need Better Pay
I did not like working for this company
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 8, 2018
I did not like working for this company. However, you may like working here if you enjoy:
- always working late
- always working six days a week
- never getting a pay increase
- you work only on production
- plus the biggie: they'll tell you that if you finish your duties before the end of the month that you'll get time off, however, what they really mean is you than get pleasure of doing your coworkers duties for them!
Structured work environment
Senior Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 4, 2018
Orkin is a solid company to work for. Very structured work environment, bordering on micro management at this time.

Hardest part of the job is maintaining the energy consistently while being pushed to finish jobs. Most enjoyable are the people working there and the ability to meet interesting customers and help create solutions to their problems.
Pros
Stability of Company
Cons
Hours
Overall
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 3, 2018
Its a pretty good company but after loosing a large company's values seemed to have shifted with poor operations managers. The current managers do not a have good grasp of sale strategies.

Great
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 28, 2018
It was a great job and invito ENT to work in. Paid well loved my customers and always got treated well by employer. I would recommend this company any day to work for or services
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Stressful
Given Opportunities to Succeed
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
Had great mentors and guidance throughout my career.

Unforgettable experience and memories from this company.

Developed a family of friends and built lifetime relationships.
Pros
Great Opportunities
Cons
Sometimes a little overwhelming due to Staffing and Demands of the position.
Good pay but long hours
Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day normally starts at 7 am and somedays doesn't end till after 7pm. I learned how to treat for all general pests in a home and better customer service skills. The hardest part of this job is definitely the long hours.
Pros
Free Pest control
Cons
Long hours, not enough family time
The customers is the only thing that kept me working at this place
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 25, 2018
Basically no branch manager service manager had to run branch only stayed for the customers, lack of communication ,lack of branch manager and to much chaos
Freindly group of guys, always ready to get the day started.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Corsair Blvd Hayward, Ca 94545September 18, 2018
Orkin was a busy company, there were alot of small tasks that need to be handled, made the day fly by. The crew I worked with was like a family. We had bbq's and pot lucks. Also Had the Winter Celebration Dinners.
Pros
Good fair people to work with. Helpful when I wasfirst learning the ropes.
Cons
the new management that came in were completely different, making it a difficult place to work.
Great Company, awesome management!
Termite Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
I loved working for Orkin, they are a fantastic and reputable company. The hours are long but if you work hard and make your sales the compensation is more then fair. Would recommend.
Very poor management, long hours, little pay
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Poor management and company is unorganized. Management uncaring of family life balance. Work 12-14 hour days due to miscommunication of office staff and route scheduling
Pros
Cons
12+ hours a day, to much windshield time, unorganized route planning in the office not with techs and management
Its a good start to the industry
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORSeptember 15, 2018
They train you and help you get your licenses. You make salary plus production. If yiur a single guy this is a great job. Harder when you have family.
Pros
Work truck, work gps, work phone, and co pany gas card. Company uniforms
Cons
Long hours and work overload. You will burn out quick
Management, salesperson lie too much
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LASeptember 14, 2018
I started as termite tech, sometimes when i go to customer's house, have a graph with me then the customer is telling me something else saying the salesman told her that we will do, i dont know about it, my boss dont know about it
So So
Termite Renewal Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2018
I've worked as a temp for Orkin for almost a year. They do not really do what they say they are going to do. They claim they care about us but everything they do shows the opposite. Typical, corporate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orkin. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Orkin.

Powered by Comparably