Orkin

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good Benefits/ Terrible Management

The job in itself is extremely stressful and there is no proactive adjustments it's always reactive. Management barely know anything about customer service and yet are supposed to help you succeed.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Poor Management

Team environment full of encouragement and learning opportunities. Life impactful

I absolutely love working here at the Everett Branch as their CSS / Administration. Since day one I have felt valued and encouraged. Branch manager and all managers have embraced me and I feel like it is a family environment. Honestly one of the best places I have ever worked. I have truly enjoyed working with each technician on the crew all the way to working with the call center people. I also have had positive opportunities to work with and meet our region leadership. I plan to be with Orkin until I retire, I have found my forever work home.

Pros

Positive teachable moments, encouraging feedback. Fun work environment

Cons

Busy season to be expected but also looking forward to challenge.

Fast paced environment must be professional an punctual with your assigned work. Being a team player an working with one positively is important at all times.

I love my job and co workers

I love working in a fast pace environment. I enjoy talking to my customers and meeting new and unique people everyday! I have had great training from the other Admin and she is always willing to help.

Pros

great pay and benefits

Good

This company is good to work for. As all if he’s it’s ups and downs but they try to help fix things as they can. I plain to stay for as long as they will keep me.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Family feel

I enjoy working here, the pay is absolutely horrible! if it wasn't for my awesome co-workers i would not be here . If the company paid their employees their worth, there wouldn't be such a high turnover rate

Pros

Fun, commute

Cons

pay, no advancement

Not great

Only training I received was a few days of listening to one side of phone conversations. It is a call center, regardless of what they make it sound like. You are measured based on how many calls you take and how long it takes you to handle them. 99% of calls you take are angry customers because their technician decided to not show up or their appointment got moved again. Schedulers don't have time to do their jobs because they're too busy answering calls from areas they have no idea what is going on. If you like being screamed at all day, this is the job for you.

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Call center, angry customers, branch managers aren't ever available

Very Busy, yet a fun workplace

The day starts with checking in with all of the Route Managers to go over their route for the following day, Take all incoming calls from customers and help them with their concerns, Perform outbound calls to customers who have an outstanding account balance to get updates on payments,Receive payments over the phone,Daily Bank Deposit, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, Send out all past due letters twice a month, and Manual Billing.

Horrible management

Do not entertain employment with this company in the panhandle area, crooked , shady management allows for completely one sided sales opportunity. DO NOT APPLY

Lack of organization & bad management

Management is unorganized and can be really petty. Your admin tasks can change every day and never consistent. It’s too much work to do for a 8 hour day. If your colleagues are not trained properly you will pick up the slack. The benefits are good and the pay is okay but for the workload and stress it’s not worth it. You can be a hard worker and they just overload you & don’t appreciate you. Your just a number! Run!

Not recommended

Worst company, no help succeeding with this company, misleading, stressful, lack of training, supervisors refuse to assist, it was a traumatic experience

Not necessary

Truly a great place to work management was family oriented felt really appreciate respectful honest not just a job opportunity for advancement very focused on future

Back stabbing defamation of character

How dare they keep tacoma manager ..shame on the region. ..a manager should never ever tell others why someone is fired ever. ..this guy bragged to whole staff about employee getting fired. Starting lawsuit about defamation of characters. ..see you in court tacoma. ...awful approach to team moral. ..defamation of employees character

Sales

Sales agent, Customer Service Rep, Collections Recovery team, Inbound/ Outbound Calls. Daily reports, Call Monitoring, problem solving, Retention Recovery

Great people but company overall doesn't care about employees

I worked with great people and management at branch level was great but upper management is awful. The company has become so big that they forget about their employees and only care about making money. I barely even met upper management or knew who they were. I got burned out - way too much on my plate and expect everything to always be done and just pile more on. I would not recommend working here. Raises are very minimal. Only good thing is you have chances to get bonuses but those are not always guaranteed. Benefits were decent.

Busy workplace, lackadaisical management, office staff was above par

Upper management was lacking in all areas. Training was minimal for most staff, so it was very much fly by the seat of your pants. Too many demands on office personnel for the pay scale.

Pros

Good family feel in the office

Cons

Pay scale, demands on employees, training

Micromanaging/ No life/work balance

The work area is very gloomy , everything is tan and gray, there are no windows, it’s very depressing... managers micromanage to the fullest and have their little birdies who gather information on you as well. You work two saturdays a month and one day off during the week, it’s not enough rest if you ask me. 30 minutes lunches so you better bring lunch because if you go grab something you only have like 5 min to eat. Also there are people that have been here for like 12 years and there’s no advancement. It’s sad, I had to leave

Pros

Free food, benefits

Cons

30 min lunches, no advancement, work saturdays

Shady upper mgmt

I loved my job for the first several years. Then suddenly the very higher ups started changing things. Claimed they were trying to make things easier but ended up making things harder and more stressful. The company allows the call center to tell the customers whatever they want to hear and leave it to the branches to bear the brunt of the angry customer.

Dont work in macon

The branch manager seats on his computer all day and eats, when he decides to come to work. He doesn't know his job and doesn't know how to do anything. He can never provide any answers or solutions. The Region Management knew this and did nothing. If you spoke up about it the branch manager would hold it against you and talk behind your back to other employees. Don't work in the Macon or Dublin branch. Maybe you'll have better luck and experience at another branch. There is no official training, they depend on the other admins to teach you which is ok, depending on the admin who is training you. The person who trained me found out how much I was getting paid and refused to completely train me. Total violation on so many levels.

Manager always was on the employees side

Maybe a dozen calls in from customers daily but outgoing calls for collections could be up to 45 a day. Light filing, heavy on computer usage. There were only 2 office staff.

Different kind of job

Overall it’s not a bad place to work. I learned a lot about office management, AP/AR, payroll and general management while working there. However, the pay scale for this job is far below what it should be for what you are expected to do.

Pros

Cons

No breaks, overtime and shift work is mandatory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orkin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Orkin.
Powered byComparably

Compare Orkin with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US