Orkin

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good money

The job pays well at the expense of long hours and hard work. The training process is very extensive but with much to learn and take away from it. Overall not a bad place to work if you don't have a social life.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Terrible management, unethical toward customers, they sell just to make money and hit bonuses

This is the worst place to work, I worked there for a year and a half, they are unethical and sales driven. They will sell stuff they know customers do not need just to make money and hit bonuses, work for a small company. They will ask you to come in when you are sick and lie to customers and cover up that you are sick just so they can make their money for the day.

Pros

Plenty of work

Cons

No lunch. Pay. No work life balance

Unbroken promises

Was hired to be able to quickly transition into a management roll but that never happened. Instead, I became a spot filler, bouncing around to put out fires that management should of been involved with and never got the compensation I should of for the work involved. Never had any training for the three years that I worked there. If you are not into self growth, then this a place for you.

Encouraged advancement

If you can prove your skill set they have developed a leadership training program to help the average technician advance to become management. It is a wonderful opportunity for those that want to advance but it is not forced on you if you prefer to lay low and continue to do the physical work.

Pros

Awesome 401K

Cons

All activities are monitored

Corporate company

You are just a number!! They expect you to work 10-14 hours day during the busy season which is 8 months of the year. Pay was pretty good! Not family oriented company

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours and not family oriented company

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Stay away

Wow. Being asked to do 18! Services a day. If you expect home life forget it. Salary is a joke. You will work 12-15. Hours a day. No overtime. You have a company truck but any repairs fix it yourself! Unsafe Tires onTruck. No chemical to use they never have. Constantly ripping people off. Ridiculous

Pros

Going home

Cons

Hours no overtime! Work life only. No personal life.

Fast Paced and Self Managed

Orkin depending on where you are can make a difference and they are flexible with scheduling and you can work with management to optimize route and day planning.

Pros

Take Home vehicle, pay based on productivity

Cons

long days

Not for everyone

Great job if you can sale. Work life balance is ok. Late nights and some Saturday work. Physical work on inspections. Pay is good as long as it is warm out.

Pros

Pay in prime selling months

Cons

Pay in winter months

Good paying job if you have no social life

Hours vary depending on what route you get and how many customers you have during certain parts of the year. During the summer I would leave my house around 7 AM and not return until around 7 PM. It would be ok if you get paid hourly but you get paid per job you do. Alot of micromanagement around the job if your into that.

Pros

Take home truck

Cons

Long hours, alot of micromanagement from company

Working with customers!!!!

I left the company in August of this year. My main reason for leaving was mishandling of my benefits. My vacation and personal days, to be exact. I will say that most enjoyable part of my job was working with my customers. I built a solid personal relationship with them. It is my customers that I miss the most.

Pros

Awesome customers.

Cons

Mishandling of my vacation and personal days off.

A non-rewarding environment with low compensation

The Location I was employed at is an absolute train wreck with poor management and incompetent office staff. For such a large company it was sad that it’s operated in such a poor way. Eight employees have left in four months and not a single exit interview was conducted to find out the cause.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Management has little control, incompetent office staff, poor leadership, no work-life balance, poor compensation

Orkin Myrtle Beach SC

The company overall has really Good benefit, but when getting hired on to the company they do not tell you the full job details. Management is cool and are very good people but not management material . Not everyone there is like that tho. When doing termite work you do more dry zones then actually termite work. The work under house suck sometimes but it is what it is sometimes but there will be houses they truly do suck. There was a house that we did that management kept saying not to worry about under the house was flooded with sewage and management still made them go under and cover it and hide it. Even with the money some people pay you will have to lie to them so that branch can get there money. You will not have proper equipment for a while so if you need a crawsuit you will be waiting for awhile. There is many things that are wrong with this place and I don’t want to bash it. There is some really hard workers there that make the place so much better. They did give me an extra 2 weeks of pay once laid off they are very thoughtful in that way.

Pros

Benefits, friends

Official response from Orkin

September 29, 2021
We are very concerned with your comments. Orkin’s commitment is to the safety of our employees and the quality of work for our customers. Orkin offers a 100% guarantee to our customers. The description above is not in line with our employment or business practices – as we provide solutions for customers.And, we pride ourselves on providing the BEST tools, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and support for our employees so they can perform services correctly, safely, and timely. With that said, we wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Eh

It is what it is work here and work 13 hour days all summer then make less all winter. You make Good money and they run you ragged for it. Better than some places.

Pros

Pay

Not a bad place to work

Orkin is a good company to work for, for the most part. Definitely some things that could be improved upon. Management seems to think that doing the same things in the past that didn't work, will work now. Job can be stressful, especially during the warm months when it's extremely busy.

Pros

Company vehicle. Decent pay

Cons

Stressful. Benefits kinda suck

To many meetings, mandatory Saturday work for no pay

Daily useless meetings first thing in the morningMandatory 6 appointments per day They pay you for 40 hours and except you to work 60Stay away if you canSplit commissions multiple ways

Pros

Company Car

Cons

Work Saturday for no extra pay

Decent pay, good benefits. Horrible upper management in the location i worked.

Job had decent pay, and good benefits. As the job moved towards more automation, managing your route was taken out of your hands. Also upper level management sees you as just a number. Nothing else.

Pros

Decent Pay and Benefits

Cons

Bad upper management

blah

If you like working a TONNN of hours, this is the job for you! Customers always complaining about something. Also when they see a single bug, and you are sent back out you don’t get paid anything. They’ll be putting about 6 of those a day so that’s 2-3 hours of not getting paid.

Pros

commission on sales

Cons

No break, no work/life balance, not paid on endless callbacks

Friendly and Uplifting Environment

Orkin has very high expectations of its employees, however they offer a remarkable training program that can prepare you for almost any situation. They also do extensive training with upper management to encourage best practices and try to only hire great candidates.

Pros

Great Atmosphere, Potential for Growth, Good Benefits

Cons

Dress Code

Terrible place with terrible management

No set schedule at all the office will continue to throw jobs on you all day the benefits are terrible management never answers questions no good things about this company at all

Overworked and under paid

Overworked and under paid you get paid a commission the commercial division does not have a standard you set a standard by Setting a minimum price I worked through the pandemic made a lot less money because most of my places were closed come back to the office they won’t let you in the office to use the restroom or wash your hands the parking lot is our restrooms

Pros

The 401(k) is good

Cons

Poor upper management

Good Benefits/ Terrible Management

The job in itself is extremely stressful and there is no proactive adjustments it's always reactive. Management barely know anything about customer service and yet are supposed to help you succeed.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orkin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight