Typical Day at Work:
- Answer back to back calls to schedule new and established patients for several departments.
- Redirect patient calls to the proper team member.
- Coordinate with physicians, nurses, medical assistants, and office managers about schedule changes.
What I Learned:
- New medical terminology.
- Insurance authorizations and - more ... diagnosis/procedure codes.
- In this position will work with several managers. Some are helpful, others will not answer your calls, instant messages, or emails and you receive no help.
- No stable management with specific offices.
... - less