Orlando Health Employee Reviews

Immediate supervisor never encouraged, always criticize
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Can’t breathe, supervisor treat you like a kid, talk down to you, make you feel small and not enough. Supervisor never encourage always criticize especially for new hires. She forgot how she did when she was new.
Workers Comp Rep
Workers Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2019
Review cases and assisted injured worker's with scheduling their appointments with Doctor's and any tests (MRI,XRAY), Also contacted physicians for current work status.
Great Company
POOL REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2019
I enjoy working for this company. In the department I currently work the supervisors are very supportive. I also like that they encourage you to advance your degree.
Pros
flexibility, and career advancement
Cons
I have not found any.
Dianogstic imaging
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2019
Director can be a bit over the top, but OH is a great place to work. Very big on Pocily, every possible sensation is spelled out on what you should do. Radiologists can be a pain because they are usually offsite or difficult to reach.
Pros
Best pay compared to FH, shift diffs are top dollar, benefits are reasonable
Cons
Sometimes hours are based on productivity, Communication with the floor is limited.
Loved working here
Hospital Input Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 29, 2019
Really loved working here. Everything about this place was very friendly and the enjoyed their employees and were very helpful with anything that came up.
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJanuary 26, 2019
Orlando Health fosters an a culture of growth and enlightenment along with caring and warmth for both employee and patient.........................................................
Wonderful Company to work for.
Staff Nurse-PACU (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2019
ORMC is a wonderful company to work for. Great employee benefits.
The best level one Trauma hospital in Florida. Great Nursing and Physician staff who collaborate well for the benefit of the patient experience.
Tuition Reinbursement
HIM Analyst II / AR Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2019
I have their at Orlando Health for 8 years and enjoy every day going to work. I love my co workers and the patient I interact with everyday. I love greeting patients and making them feeling welcome. Orlando Health did support me in my training in paying for my education and help me to get on my way to be acknowledged about my job.
Pros
Training and opportunies
Good place to work.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2019
The department and staff care about the patients, as well as their team members. The CEO sends emails once a month communicating important information on the organization.
Great community hospital
Registered Nurse Level III, Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Former ER employee
- very busy, high traffic hospital with improving patient flow and wait times due to new ER areas dedicated to low acuity complaints.
- Great floor team, great departmental management, questionable upper mngmt
- Fantastic MD team, very supportive and willing to work with RNs
productive and fun workplace
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Very busy but fun. I enjoyed working there. Waking patients up from anesthesia and stabilizing them before discharge to home or a unit. I enjoyed the patient teaching.
The best job EVER
Barista (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2019
the bond that you make with the co works and patients is everything. You get to see the patients progress and get better . It was the best job I ever had . The over time and growth with the company was a good idea
Productive and fun place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Great Doctors
Parking Facility for employees
Great
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2019
Great place to work love to go to work am glad I work here would not change it for the world I love the people I work with and I love the hospital I work in
Good
Good
Nice place to work. Clean/Neat and organized
Medical Front Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 28, 2018
My day was very busy, left to myself to handle the front area, incoming faxs and patients care ,everyday I had a new learning experience mostly with Insurance or Billing, I enjoyed my time at the company and especially the patients.
Pros
Some overtime, lunch provided at least once a week
Cons
No break area/breaks
Excellent working culture
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLDecember 27, 2018
I had the opportunity to work with a motivated team. Got experience in the healthcare industry that I needed. Even as a Patient Transporter it gave me the opportunity working close with physicians, nurses and technicians which helped me a lot to motivate me to go to the healthcare field.
Best Healthcare Organization in Central Florida
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2018
Orlando Health is a good healthcare system in the Central FL area, with opportunities to learn and grow as a professional.

The pay is not the highest in the area, but the culture is what makes the company a great place to work.
Stressful workplace, PTO policies, poorly trained management. More concerned with their public image rather than employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OrlandoDecember 25, 2018
OH needs to practice the PROMISE that they expect from their employees to their employees. OH should re-evaluate their HR department. Managers are poorly trained and many are promoted to this role because of who they know rather than being qualified for the job. Loyal employees who have been with OH for many years are let go without cause because OH outsourced their jobs to companies in India for less salary. Then they have to reapply for another job if there is one available. For a hospital they have awful policies for their employees. For example , PTO is not accrued if the employee uses PTO so the employees are not guaranteed a definite number of hours every year, hourly employees are marked with occurrences if they call out sick for themselves or when their children are sick even though they have PTO because it was unplanned PTO. Salaried Management employees are not affected by this policy since they can work from home remotely which contradicts their policies. It’s too bad that the union did not come in a few years ago as the employees really need someone to stand up for them.
Pros
Competitive salary, yearly bonus based on performance of the company
Cons
Micro Management, poorly trained management, favoritism
excellent learning opportunity
RN Staff Nurse ICU (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2018
Orlando Health is an excellent Hospital and provided so many opportunities for learning and progressive health care. its always evolving and provided the best education
Pros
loved working with the residents
Great Company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2018
It is a very unique company. You learn a lot depending on the Department you fall in. Management is amazing, they care a lot about their employees. I worked in pediatrics and it is always a pleasure to see babies and help in any way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlando Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Orlando Health.

Powered by Comparably