Orlando Health Employee Reviews

Starter career
AR REP (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2018
More promotions within not on a who you know standard. Management doesn't use the proper tools to train the qualified ones to advance within and are willing to become an asset to the company
Pros
Tuition Reimburstment
Cons
Not enough staff meetings
A great place to work.
Patient Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2018
Orlando Health was my favorite job. I was so happy with the job. If it wasn't for my INJURY NOT WORK RELATIVE, I wanted to retire from there I hope that it is another hospital out there to give me that chance.
Pros
the online classes
Cons
miss comunication
Productive and excellent organization to work for
Central Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
Steady work day with 7:30AM start time. Professional, clean and extremely organized protocol. Excellent management team and co-workers. Team members worked well together including hands on by management team. Orlando Health for me was an excellent place to work at. No complaints whatsoever.
Pros
Snacks, breakfast/lunch items provided at no additional cost
Cons
55 minute drive from my home in Deltona to South Orlando facility
Corporate Medical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2018
Is pleasant to go every day because the Supervisor and the coworkers are like family. The hardest part of my work is that I need more hours to do everything
Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2018
Nothing really bad to say. They are a big campus located in downtown Orlando. You can get pretty lost in the crowd and it can be hard to make an impression.
Pros
Discounts, endless food
Cons
ok benefits, too much traveling, parking
Great Place to work
Interim Director of Emergency and Trauma Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2018
I was interim for 11 months. Enjoyed the role and the admin team. I developed the management team while working in the ED. Had a great relationship with Medical staff.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2018
Scheduling is the major issue as well as personel conflicts. Too many opinions on things, and no real coherent management. They assume that leaving the issue alone will correct it. It doesnt, just stews under the surface.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Lousy breaks, schedule
Overall a good place to work.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2018
Overall is a great place to work. They have a good job culture. Mostly all the guest services areas are very busy constantly. If you like to serve others this should be a place to consider working at.
Cons
Inflexible management
Great teamwork
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Windermere, FLNovember 17, 2018
I love what I do and have great coworkers and providers. With the years I've worked for this hospital we've been through 4 managers. Managers and not well qualified or trained. Instead of helping the office they were bullies. Again the office and work I love its just management needs to be professional and work as a team.
Pros
love my schedule hours
Cons
Health insurance should be more affordable and childcare assistance for working mothers would help.
I was a volunteer on the Patient and Family Advisory Council for four years
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working as a volunteer on the PFAC. It allowed me the interact with the Interim CEO, Department heads and anyone that had any kind of leadership at Orlando Health-Orlando Regional Medical Center. It was a joy.
Enjoyable
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2018
It is a great environment. I learned a lot and made some great connections. Everyone is always encouraging me to do more and grow within the organization.
great place to work
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2018
I've been with the company for six years (4 years in the ED and 2 in radiology). Orlando health is a great place to work. It has great people, great benefits and a lot of opportunities to grow.
Pros
amazing co-workers, the pay, benefits
Cons
the same as other hospital based jobs
good experience
Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLNovember 9, 2018
i would set up my card for the day.then i would go to my designated floor. I would draw specimen in the right amount of time.
I learned about patient care, how speak confidently so that patient can trust you. How to take care of elderly and very sick people.
My coworkers were always in competition, would hardly help each other out.Other than that I would say it was very organized and helped me learn how to be apart of a big organization. The hardest part of the job would probably be taking care of the critical care unit during the night shift and the amount of lab processing that we would do. The part of the job that I liked the most was how rewarding the experience was of being able to help other people.
Pros
Free lab work
Cons
Short breaks, low compensation
excellent
Florida (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 7, 2018
Positive, great place to work. Amazing people great team work, Orlando Health is a private, not-for-profit network of community and specialty hospitals based in Orlando, Florida. Orlando Health comprises Orlando Regional Medical Center, Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, South Seminole Hospital, South Lake Hospital (50 percent partnership), Health Central and UF Health Cancer Center - Orlando Health. Orlando Health is Central Florida’s fifth largest employer with nearly 14,000 employees and more than 2,000 affiliated physicians.
Great learning environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2018
The company offers many learning opportunities. Everyone is evaluated annually for their job competency. The staff works well together to ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
Pros
This job was a great learning experience.
very fun place to work with loving co workers
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2018
the work is very relaxed and laid-back. you transport patients throughout the hospital where ever they may be needed. everyone within the work place is very nice and outgoing. the hardest part about this job was hearing some of the patients story's and what they had to go through.from this job i learned that you cannot judge a book by its cover, and that anyone that has a story to tell can give a life long lessen. the most enjoyable part about this job is seeing the patients go home.
Lots of opportunity
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
Great opportunity to grow, think outside the box, and implement the concepts. Adoption is a challenge, especially in the presence of 2 or more brands of the same type of software application.
Pros
Loved the experience and the people
Cons
2 years there not long enough!
Great place
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST, SR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 30, 2018
Love working here. Staff is very pleasant and are very patient with you. They train you very well! And everyone is very nice! They understand your needs.
Exciting and challenging workplace
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 28, 2018
The people I had the honor
r of working with throughout my career, made the workplace great!!.
I worked at the Childrens and Women division for 15 plus years. The environment changes over the years. However, the care and treatment of our patients was the first priority.
Great company!
Employee Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 23, 2018
Team works well together. Employees care about their jobs and their patients. Executives often make themselves available and host open forums for employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlando Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight