Orlando Health Employee Reviews

Best coworkers
Full Time (Former Employee) –  ORMCOctober 15, 2018
The worst patients to care for. As a Level 1 Trauma Center you are exposed to the most complex cases, which is great! As a TEACHING hospital the over ordering of exams is out of control. The number of infectious diseases you are exposed to is scary! This is a Very labor intensive environment, no one can move themselves. The pto you earn is prorated if you use any of it. You don't earn the hours at the same rate if you take time off. So don't be fooled, if they tell you get 7 hrs per pay but if you take any earned time off they penalize you and you will earn less in your next paycheck. WTH???? So you are not getting the 14 days per year that you were quoted. Also, if a holiday falls on your day off you don't get that either in your pto bank or in your paycheck. They also will send you home if the census is low!
Pros
Best Coworkers
Cons
PTO reduced if you take time off, Teaching Hospital, infectious diseases, labor intensive
Working conditions
Food Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2018
There were issues with the work loads among the work crew.
seem that the younger members had the easier job descriptions as opposed to the older members had to shoulder the heavier jobs.
Had to deal with doing MY job while others were busy talking on cell phones and getting paid for my work
I love working here!
Lead phlebotomist/Lead lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2018
I am a lead lab assistant and I love it. I love drawing blood and inserting IV's. My supervisor is wonderful, very flexible and understanding. I love my hours and my benefits are great.
I have good days and bad days as does everyone but all and all, this is a great place to work
Pros
lots of discounts on things, great benefits, very flexible
Cons
the pay is pretty low
Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2018
I met some fine people while I was there. I learned a lot starting as a patient care technician while in school. Graduated nursing school and transitioned to staff nurse.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
workplace culture changed, no longer enjoyable.
leadership has changed
Chief Medical Informatics Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
I have no knowledge of this organization as I left it so long ago. It was great living in the area and I do miss Orlando. The team that I worked with was extremely supportive, unfortunately most have left.
Was demoted in pay to finish RN Heart Health Institute
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Worked there 15 yrs. Salary maxed for 8 yrs. Transferred within as an LPN same title and took a 5 dollar pay cut to go back to school for my RN. Was given an order by my Supervisor and she had no backbone to stand up for what she told me to do. No loyalty to long time employees. Administration are shady after refusing to continue doing the testing for the doctors ( ACLS, mod sedation testing...) the harassment started on a daily basis. Not given enough time to complete patient testing the way it is suppose to be done. Cut corners and patient saftey jeopardized. Favoritism played at every end. Great doctors!! Horrible Admistrator from Mid Florida Cardiology. With a nasty profane mouth, talks about people behind their backs.. Very unprofessional they turned on all the long time employees that got them there.
Pros
Benefits, Autonomy
Cons
Under staffed. Supervisors only have HS diplomas..
Manager is horrible
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Management are disrespectful to the employees. They make you feel like you are below them. It’s all about what you can do for them. They over work you, they deny you pto. It’s very difficult to get a day off. They write you up for everything and they’re always firing techs. Do not work for this company, especially X-ray. I worked there for a very long time and I couldn’t get 1 day off. I had to change my days off to their convenience. Manager likes to cause problems. He personally told me on many occasions off other techs ratting on each other. Also hard to move up, they only promote rats, not hard workers
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Management are like Hitler. Literally
No suport
Corporate Plumber (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
On a regular basis I would ask for support from my manager and got none . when fellow team member complained about something that was out of my hands I was dismissed And got no help from management to resolve the conflict,I cant recommend working for Corporate engineering
Pros
most people are super nice
Cons
No support when you voice concern.that your heading to a volatile situation
productive and fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2018
it's an amazing company . it's really fun and a productive place to work at, I enjoying work for Orlando health . working had change so many different way. I've learned how to be patient and respectable .
Productive workplace
Quality assurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Quality assurance regarding medical documentation. Self-disciplined. Manage work priorities to meet goals and expectations. Good communication skills.
good company to work for
Director of Patient Safety (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2018
work there for 19 years. Company undergoing transition with new leadership. Good opportunity for upward mobility. Good teamwork. Lasting friendships.
Supportive environment for nurses
Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2018
There are lots of resources to help team members learn and grow and many more for relaxation and self-care. My manager is fair and cares about each person on our team. A great company!
Pros
Good management
Cons
Nursing is stressful
Great working experience to build a platform
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
It was a well constructed job with very professional people. A very safe and secure job. I was able to perform task with the best of my capabilities and excel.
High stress, High Paced environment
Advanced Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
A typical day at work in the Orlando Health Emergency Department is busy and stressful. I learned a lot about how to maintain composure during emergencies. The management does its best to save lives and motivate the staff. The workplace culture is very competitive. The hardest part of the job is witnessing patients die. The most enjoyable part of the job is saving lives.
Pros
Saving lives.
Cons
Losing lives.
Enjoyable job, amazing coworkers
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
Orlando Health is an amazing institution that cares very much for the health of the community. There are outstanding physicians at ORMC and they care very much for their patients.
Great company
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. Our office (which I worked with for over 10 years) was acquisitioned by ORMC and change is always a little scary at first but we welcomed it.
Pros
Job security
Cons
You can get lost in a sea of thousands of employees; loss of private office atomosphere
great organization providing comprehensive care
Resident (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
Level-1 trauma center, with a lot of actions going on. As a member of the post-graduate training, Orlando Health was a great institution to gain experience in a short period of time. Work can be stressful as the preceptors all have high expectations. Definitely recommend!!
Registered Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
I loved working for the orlando health company, the only reason I have left is to move back closer to family. My coworkers and management were great and they made it very easy to have a work/ home balance.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Financial Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2018
Enjoyed my employment there and ready to get back to work. The necessary changes were made after my resignation. My Supervisors were pretty cool also.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Productive quick paced workplace
ER Technician/ Trauma Tech (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2018
Orlando Health is a great company to work for with lots of opportunities for advancement. You are surrounded by multiple resources at all times, and it is a teaching hospital, so while receiving the best care possible, you have multiple doctors checking on you. Not just one.
Pros
You make a difference in peoples lives everday
Cons
Sometimes it will be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlando Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight