Oro Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZJune 15, 2018
The job is relaxed, rewarding and beneficial to patients. You have set work schedules and days. Management is approachable and open to dialogue with solutions. Everyone works as a team. It can get overwhelming when patients are unhappy but overall it's a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Great Benefits, Pay and Staff
Cons
When Census is low for the hospital your hours can be decreased
Great Doctors, Great CNO
Registered Nurse - Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZMay 21, 2018
Small hospital, fun to work at. CNO really cared about the nurses. The doctors respected the nurses. Older patient population. Pay was not the best in town, but the hospital was fun to work at.
Chaplain program is a voluntary position with no pay.
Hospital Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZMay 14, 2018
I have been a chaplain at Oro Valley Hospital for six years and presently on a medical leave. Chaplains normally work one day per week in pairs and cover all patients who request a visit for prayer.
Pros
Wonderful position and experience.
Horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TucsonApril 30, 2018
Horrible place to work. Understaffed with one RN yup care for 8 to 10 patients oon a med Surg floor. I would literally start crying when I pulled up to work and start crying when I got in my car to leave work
Pros
I now know I never want to work a med-surg hospital floor again
Cons
Too many to list
Cozy, you know everyone
Intensive Care nurse (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZ 85755April 28, 2018
I love OVH, left only because my I wanted to go work in another hospital with some old nurse friends. It is small but was well run and has a great CNO. The downside is that CHS owns the hospital; once they sell it to competent owners it will be even better. It's a beautiful place.
float pool nurse
Hospital Direct PRN (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZApril 24, 2018
I work float pool on all floors but icu and er. my manager is very corporate and not pro nurse I guess that is the down fall to working here it is all about the money for them good deeds are not rewarded but if anything happens remotely wrong you will hear about it in a flash.
Pros
good pay
Cons
cafeteria closes at 2pm and corporate leadership
Excellent one on one care of patients.
RPSGT (sleep tech) (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZApril 8, 2018
I love my job and have been in this field of medicine for 18 years. The hospital is involved with several community service organizations/fund raisers and often recognizes it's employees who have been praised by patients and other employees.
Pros
Health, vision, dental insurance options, IRA matched.
Cons
No paid vacations.
Excellent
PRN Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZMarch 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working at oro valley hosiptal. The co-workers were nice and the setting was awesome. I would be happy to work there again anytime!!!
Tough job
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZMarch 19, 2018
I found it very difficult to keep up with the pace required when there was very little interaction between coworkers. It would have been better if there was a little more help in how to perform the job.
Collaborative Co-Workers
Spine and Pelvic Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZFebruary 24, 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job is the collaboration with my colleagues. We also have quite a bit of time with our patients which helps us deliver quality care.
Nepotism runs rampant
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZJanuary 9, 2018
Too much favoritism, management does not care about their employees and let's the situation get away from them. Rather than fix things or address them they turn a blind eye or ignore it all together.
Favoritism management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gastroenterology department, Oro Valley, AZDecember 12, 2017
In the gastroenterology department, the working environment is very uncomfortable with unfriendly coworkers and ill-mannered from the nursing supervisor. Favoritism takes root at the nursing superior office and creates negatively impact to the culture of the work place.
Pros
Compensate and Benefit
Cons
Favoritism and unfair treatments.
Busy community hospital
Az. Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZNovember 3, 2017
This is a corporately owned and run for-profit hospital that provides excellent care to community members in Oro Valley and surrounding areas. They are a center for excellence in total joint care.
Na
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Tangerine RoadOctober 4, 2017
The building is new and nice, equipment were all modern, there were only cardiac, medsurge, rehab and ICU floors and OR had moslty GI and ortho cases.
Pros
yes freelunches
Hospital
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZSeptember 18, 2017
This is a beautiful hospital. I loved working with all of the different staff there. I learned so much and would tell anyone who was thinking of going there to go
Fair, fantastic nurses
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZJune 29, 2017
Having worked for a few hospitals in my nursing career, must say this is one of the most fair environments I've worked in. Like all healthcare entities these days they are pinching pennies and you feel it but nothing like the other places in the geographical area in which I work.
Management struggles despite quality nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZJune 7, 2017
Mandatory floating and overtime required to meet insufficient staffing. Nursing had quality teamwork approach which ultimately made working there pleasant
Intentions are good.
RN Charge Nurse SBHU (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 24, 2017
Nice unit, small, giving caregivers the opportunity to interact with all the patients. Management is interested and involved. Being a small unit , with limited staff, the interactions with peers at times seems like the bickering of a family. This impacts the ability to just do a good job and not let personalities get in the way. Patient care is important and for the most part, care is excellent and patients are safe. For me, this has been a good experience.
Pros
Good patient care. Small unit.
Cons
Gossip, bickering, rules/policies changing daily.
Productive position
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZMarch 9, 2017
Giving immunizations, TB testing, first aid, referring to the Emergency Department or an Occupational Medical Doctor,
Follow up on injuries and return to work, blood draws, new hire evaluations. data entry.
Challenging place to work
SociaServices Director (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 12, 2017
It was a challenging job due to high work volume and limited staffing.
Co-workers were wonderful and supportive.

The job was on a newly opened mental health unit and many aspects of my social work role were not yet defined.
Pros
location, flexibility of hours
Cons
limited staff for social work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oro Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Oro Valley Hospital Reviews by Location