Oroville Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst nursing job of my career
RN (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 12, 2018
Constantly overrun and in crisis. The ER and overall hospital were always in crisis mode. The place lived on new grads and travelers and ate them up for lunch and asked for seconds. Can you imagine an ER with less than 20 beds that sees 60-100 patients per shift and often has to admit up to 30 patients per shift. The hospital only has around 130 beds. Most patients are on government provided health care and lack primary care. Many patients have multiple chronic conditions. The percentage of people that chain smoke in this area make you feel like your back 50 years in time. Street drugs are also a huge problem in this community.
Pros
Good high stress experience for a new grad RN
Cons
Everything else
hard work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 23, 2018
A typical day at work was rooming pt phones paper work setting appointments reg pt. management was ok not the best. the hard part about the job was the rush
I love working here!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 23, 2018
Oroville Hospital has given me a chance to do what I love to do and provide for my family. I am given autonomy and am not micromanaged. I have great communication with my superiors, and I always feel heard.
Pros
Autonomy
Chronic Care Management Coordinator/MA (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 11, 2018
Typical day at work was working with patients via phone. Manager was amazing to work with. hardest part of job. working with sick patients and sometimes not being able to help them feel better.
Most enjoyable part of job was helping patients achieve health goals.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Not always having answers patients are looking for.
Good work experience
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMay 29, 2018
I enjoyed the work experience that I was able to gain by being employed by Oroville Hospital as a new grad. I would recommend this facility to new grad.
Fast pacd
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMay 15, 2018
Fun, fast paced place to work but under paid. I love the team I work with, although there are a few slackers in the department. I have a lot of respect for the manager. It's a good job to have overall.
Really underpaid staff, but great coworkers!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMay 11, 2018
Worst paying job, but the co workers are great! Management is great as well, but again the pay makes it a waste of my time! Then they wonder why people leave? If you could make $7 an hour more at another job doing the same thing would you? Yes. That’s why they can’t keep CNAs!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor pay
Mixed feelings
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 9, 2018
My department itself is managed really well, but the extremely low pay is unacceptable. The patient access supervisors push for pay increase with me success. The CEO has no consideration for the well being of the employees or the patients.
Pros
Good supervisors, nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible pay, inconsiderate CEO
clinic setting
Medical Social Worker / Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 21, 2018
A typical work day was treating 10-16 patients in a counseling session. Providing them with support, guidance, and resources. Workplace lacked supervision and leadership. The entire Clinic Management team was fired.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
lack of leadership
Good for the time being
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 16, 2018
Learned a lot from my own intuition. Very fast paced, felt rushed all the time. Co-workers could have been better. People didn't talk much to each other.
great work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 15, 2018
enjoy working for the company where i continue to learn everyday.In my position i float all in numerous clinics so i'm entertain with new challenges daily.
Lower level management is good, admin is not.
Medial Scribe (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Lots of nepotism within management and administration, but it still works okay. The patient population is tough, but in general, it's a good place to work.
Very busy. Enjoy the doctors and nursing staff
Case Manager / Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 7, 2017
This company is good to work for if you have young kids or you are a new grad. You don’t have to travel far to get some good basic skills and experience. Unfortunately, that is what it seems this hospital gets. A lot of nurses using OH as a stepping stone.
Pros
Everyone seems to care. Nurses support nurses ect.
Cons
I am not a union fan but I understand why Oroville feels they need one.
Hardworking staff, management problems
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 7, 2017
Per diem with no benefits and no secured hours with incomplete training and varied work sites will burn anyone out. The staff are very hard working and competent, despite management. For profit hospital that takes as many MediCal patients as possible, making for a hectic environment.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Hospitals are just so unpredictable.
Environmentalist (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 3, 2017
You could have an extremely slow day, or it can be super fast paced. You never know what you're going to run into or what kind of patient you'll run into so its good to always keep an open mind and be respectful. The nurses here go through so much and are so underappreciated. The department I worked in was not the best job in the world. Doing housekeeping there you'll run into something new every day.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay almost isn't worth it
One of the best jobs I have ever had!
PT Aide (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJune 13, 2017
The rehab department is AWESOME!! The director is amazing and truly cares about her staff. ALL of the therapist, aides and front office are ready to help each other any time. Very supportive team, compassionate and truly care about their patients and co workers!!
Pros
Supportive staff, benifits, secure job.
Cons
Can't think of any!
Provides opportunity for growth.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMay 5, 2017
Management team is supportive of staff, there is opportunity for growth within the organization. Provide excellent patient care. Staff are friendly, and enjoyable to work with.
Busy Acute Care Hospital
RN-Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CA 95966April 18, 2017
At Oroville Hospital, you can expect a fast-paced environment with a diverse patient population. On the medical-surgical units you usually have a charge nurse, floor RNs and CNAs on most days.
Pros
Friendly staff, flexible set schedules
Cons
Not always enough support or staffing
Fun job
Unit Clerk and Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 29, 2017
Loved working with the Nurses here and the Hospital always had a friendly atmosphere. My other co-workers were a blast and we worked all very well together.
I have worked here for 10 Years
Central Scheduler/Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 15, 2017
I love my job and I love the people I work with. I feel that there is little to no room for advancement and I want to move forward in my career. They have great employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oroville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight