Orscheln Farm and Home Employee Reviews

Laid back workplace that is productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, KSMarch 2, 2018
A productive and laid back workplace that teaches base level skills to employees. Overall management is easy going and looks to improve their associates and stores any way they can.
Pros
1 hours lunches, Wide varying work hours
Cons
Low pay, slow paced
Laid back atmosphere
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 13, 2018
Orschelns is a home town store. Customers and Employees treat each other like neighbors. They are willing to work with your schedule. Employees are knowledgable in the products.
Good company, terrible management from the corporation
Customer Service Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOFebruary 6, 2018
Good company that could head in the right direction. A little lost when it comes to which direction. Could be a lot better if they listened to their store manager.
Fun, Easy to figure out
Stock Worker/Cashier/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Tell City, INFebruary 5, 2018
The co-workers are nice. The manager is trusting and works you hard. Is a good job to work at if you are a college student needing money. Is flexible with schedule
Face paced work environment not ment for city folk or others with no knowledge of of the farm life.
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Lamar, MOFebruary 1, 2018
If you don't have common sense stay out of the store. They don't sell salad dressing and if you don't know how to get your hands dirty their is nothing their for you. We take pride in our knowledge of life and it's adventures you like rock crawling and want to build your own gear they have knowledgeable associates to get you their safe.
Pros
15% discount on anything in store
Cons
No double dipping on discounts
Not an organized company. Leaves stores under staffed for long periods.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Centralia, MOJanuary 18, 2018
Would not recommend working for this company. I have worked there 3 years and carried that store through 8 assistants and 2 managers. Problems are not addressed or handled properly.
Fun work place
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJanuary 17, 2018
I loved working there and the employees were very friendly ,managers were fair, you had a flexible schedule, very organized place of employment, as long as you did your job there were no issues.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours
Dogs are allowed in the store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, MOJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoyed working here because I am knowledgeable of farming and outside things. Dogs can also come into the store and you can pet them, so that is the best part.
Absolutely great company
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lamar, MODecember 21, 2017
Honestly the best company I had ever worked for. It was for my own personal reason for leaving but everyone from the cashiers up to the CEO are all wonderful!!
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Lots and lots of hours. Hard to have a family this way.
Decent Workplace
Head of Clothing (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, MODecember 3, 2017
Not a bad place to work. I just need more hours since I live by myself and don't have support. The customers are wonderful and most of the employees are great to get along with
Pros
No late nights
Cons
No benefits
Receiver
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MONovember 23, 2017
Treatment of employees is not very fair. Treat you differently. Overall they are a good place to work. Usually when you ask off they usually grant it. Work hours are kind of stressful but manageable.
Stressful place, but upbeat sometimes
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goddard, KSNovember 21, 2017
No professional training and help to new employees. Not a lot of people working during my shift so it was hard learning so many new things for this job since no one was there to help. I didn’t get enough hours.
Pros
Hour long break
Cons
No help or training that helped
Good place to build muscles
feed stocker (Former Employee) –  Camdenton, MONovember 18, 2017
Transported feed bags from back room to store front. Stacked feed bags. Kept feed stocked through out the evening. Cleaned and swept the store prior to store close.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MONovember 9, 2017
Was my first job before I joined the army and after I got back i worked for them again. I loved the atmosphere and the balanced work/life routine. Dealing with managers was great and easy just loved the job
Pros
Fun enviorment to work
Place is a mess, so let's blame it on the cashiers
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 5, 2017
This place is a scat hole, I started working with no training, people are treated poorly and lots of favoritism, assistant manager and store manager are best friends and yell at customers and have poor attitudes, when customers leave they talk badly about them, the managers leave without clocking out to go shop, managers also leave smartalec notes on registers and schedule, Ardmore store can never keep employees, only cleans and makes wear vests when corporate comes, corporate should come unexpectedly, the whole store is never faced or picked up properly
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYNovember 1, 2017
I worked here while I was in school and I enjoyed it. The manager at the time and I got along very well. He worked with me on my hours and made it an easy and fun job to have.
Great customers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, INOctober 25, 2017
Working for Orscheln Farm and Home was a great way to work with the local farmers and their needs. The Company just does not think of the people walking through the doors as customers, but instead as a part of the family. You really get to know them by first name bases.
Pros
Customer
Cons
Turn over of cashiers
very relaxed friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKOctober 24, 2017
Orscheln has a friendly relaxed work environment, however opportunities for advancement are slim.There are few full time positions, the hours usually stop before 40 is reached. No benefits for part time employees.
Pros
working in a friendly environment
Cons
not enough hours, low pay and no benefits
farm and ranch business
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesville, MOOctober 19, 2017
The company is a rural based business supplying product lines to the rural community. A family oriented business.The hardest part of the job is lifting continuously 50+ pounds of feed. The most enjoyable is working with the customers who become like family.
Sometimes repetitive, fairly easy job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nebraska City, NESeptember 26, 2017
Typically for the first year I stayed at the cash register. That or I was helping customers with their purchases out to their cars. This is fine. The discounts are good, management is good, but the job itself is just so-so
Pros
break for lunch, 15% discount
Cons
Boring at times. Company policy results in extra, sometimes unnecessary, work