Ortho Clinical Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Lab
Lab Operation Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 6, 2018
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is a great place to work if you are a permanent person. They hire many contractors and allow them to work for many years without stability and growth. The flexibility is the best, but if there are events going on within the company they will include only permanent employees and not contractors.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
contracting for 13 years, have not yet been hired permanently
Terrible work life balance, overworked
Supervising Senior Financial Analyst, Operations (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJOctober 10, 2018
If you like to work till ungodly hours than this is the place for you. Working till 4:30am then being brought back at 9am for meetings is purely unacceptable, but it is expected. No good transfer of knowledge and management expects you to be an expert at everything when you start. Stay away.
Cons
Not a stable work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJOctober 29, 2018
When I was leaving for an approved annual leave senior management called and served termination notice in last hour.It is very political environment and any time.. management can smile from front and kill you from behind. Don't trust any of the managers.
Pros
Salary on time
Cons
Political management and broken career promises
Great Experience
Fill 4 Technician (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJNovember 26, 2018
I would not be leaving this company if my department was not closing. OCD has kept me on as long as they could. I was a member of the team that opened the Biological Manufacturing department and I am now 30 years later turning the lights out for the last time.
good maintenance
Operator 4 Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJSeptember 14, 2018
it's a nice place to work , good management,i learned a lot on troubleshooting and paperwork and its nice to work with different people,have good benefits and compensation and also we have health program
Pros
yearly health surveillance
Cons
short breaks
Good Environment
Lead Clinical Research Associate-(Contracting) (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJOctober 24, 2018
It was a pleasure working with them.

They are testing a samples clinical trials study. The location is good and the all departments work together. Good environment.
Pros
work balance.
Cons
Excellent company with good opportunities for Developement and professional gtowing.
SR Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2018
It is a good company to work with. The company has good salary and benefits package. I have being with the company for 31 years and I appreciate all the opportunities that I have received.
Pros
Excellent company to work with.
Cons
No cons from my part.
Interesting sector to work in clinical diagnostics for the analtyical scientist
Senior Scientist Materials and Process Support (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJMay 29, 2018
The department was filled with multiple opportunities for the problem-solving scientist with creative solutions either for supporting manufacturing facility, quality control laboratories or customer complaints.
Pros
Materials and Process support department great working envirnoment for the analytical scientist
Cons
Company atmosphere unsteady with pending future company sale
A good stepping stone of a corporation, at best
Quality Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJune 15, 2018
I was employed on a contract basis, so I don't know how much value is to be ascribed to my comments if you are contemplating a full time engineering position, there, moreover the manufacturing line was being moved outside of Tijuana.
Pros
coworkers were friendly
Cons
no healthcare, 401k, vacation, etc.
good experience
Electro-Mechanical Technician 3 (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJOctober 11, 2018
Nothing to say and not interested to leave any comments. good stepping stone or place to stay for very long time. Good people and clean working environment.
nice place to work
CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Its a nice place to work. Has some really good people. Hours are spread out to cover a 24/7 day. Located off of Route 202 and near some good restaurants.
Zone Lead / Assembler/ Application Support (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2018
A good company, with many opportunities. Excellent benefits and a yearly bonus. A clean and friendly work environment.
A big cafeteria with a lot of food choices.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Manufacturing Department sold
My Experience in Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
Quality Control Inspector ( Temp.) (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJMay 18, 2018
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an amazing company, the working environment is really friendly, Managers, supervisors, co-workers are very helpful. I am temp here, I wish I stay here for entire my life.
Learn to work on Hi tech machines and softwares. Also learn new methods and techniques
Manufacturing Operator II (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJApril 16, 2018
Good place to work at. Long hours, no job work/life balance. Get to learn new methods, techniques and new technology. Handsome bonus, Good Insurance.
Pros
get to learn in state-of-the-art facility
Cons
long hours, no job work/life balance
No team spirit
Lead Facility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJMay 10, 2018
Ortho was a step child of J&J and sold it the Carlyle Group who in turn is looking to sell it so I did not feel so secure about my future there, especially at a manufacturing site where little money was spent.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Great workplace environment
Finance/ Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJFebruary 15, 2018
Everything about Ortho is great, from the employees to the work itself. Ortho values its employee's above all else and treats them like family. Despite being a fairly big company, it is fairly easy to meet anyone you desire. I had the opportunity to meet the CFO and CEO of the company within a little over a month of being there. I highly recommend Ortho to anyone debating whether or not to apply.
Pros
Great work life
Good company
Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 2, 2018
Managers and teammates are knowledgeable. I learnt some new skills - Thank you. Company offers relatively good benefit package. Work environment is good.
Just a sad place run by a bank
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJApril 3, 2018
Old technology and old style approach. Old out of touch with contemporary competitors screaming past. Its been neglected for a long time and the company hires too many cast-offs from other failed companies.
Pros
Na
Cons
Highly functional deployed and POOR Proj Management mentality
Legacy Products -
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJFebruary 12, 2018
The maturity of the products manufactured/sold lend to a fairly predictable monthly workflow. There were specific tasks by day and by week through the monthly S&OP cycle that allowed for a fairly low stress environment.

There is a focus on Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing which does at times tend to create issues where a more healthy staffing situation would mitigate.

Overall, people (the actual employees, not the legions of contract workers) tend to stay for a good long time, although this may be an artifact of the company's former status as a member of the J&J family of companies and not specific to the current owners/management team.
Pros
Clean environment, on-site gym
Cons
Over reliance on contract and temp workers
Temporary position
Validation Document Control Clerk, Kelly Temp (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJMay 10, 2018
Management was fair to all. In company training temps were included. For me there was no hardest part of the job. I enjoyed the work and got along with the people I worked for and with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight