OrthoArizona

OrthoArizona Employee Reviews

OrthoArizona insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Busy work place but understaffed

High turn over due to bad management. The work itself isn't too bad, however if you are too good at your job don't expect a raise, expect to do more work to cover for other people. Was a good place to work for before the merger.

Poor management

This company has horrible management and HR. They don’t care about retaining their employees. They are disorganized between the different locations. The doctors are great the upper management is terrible. Would not recommend working here.

Pros

Good doctors

Cons

Terrible management and HR

Experianced Medical Custormer Service Representative

I came from small offices and family atmosphere to this merger - OrthoArizona took over and I am very dissatisfied in the corporate micromanaging. The inability of the company to work with their employees and demand of you what you are telling them you are unable to do. They do not hire anything other than full time so dont be fooled by the adds. Absoluetly no overtime must clock in and out at set times for lunches. No grace period given for tardiness what so ever you must document why you were even 1 minute late. The heirarchy and management not fast to want to keep you as an employee if you can not jump how high so they can get a pat on the back for keeping all in line and shifts covered. I am currently look for somthing else.

Pros

Getting paid, lunch breaks

Cons

Micro- management

Great place to work!

Amazing staff, great schedule and with great pay! I was very fortunate to land this job! I love my new role! I very happy in my new role at OrthoArizona!

Pros

Staff, schedule, pay!

Ideal Entry Level Job

Overall not a terrible company to work for. Management does micromanage and expects employees to do a lot but doesn’t offer any compensation for it. Pay isn’t the greatest but could be worse. PTO and PST accrual per paycheck is awful, it takes 2-3 months to even take off one day. Although management is fairly understudying if you don’t feel well or have an emergency. The company does however give employees tons of resources to succeed/excel in any job position. Almost every staff member is super nice and helpful and I’ve definitely met a few co workers that I now consider life long friends.

Pros

Co workers, Flex ability, Steady and Reliable

Cons

Low Pay, Under appreciated, Micromanaged

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Easy & fun

I loved this job! One of my favorite places to work! Great management! Enjoyable work load! I always had great patients to work with! My co workers made the job not feel like a job!

Great learning experience

Working as a medical scribe prior to attending medical school gave me great experience with orthopedic exposure, electronic medical records and patient documentation, and fantastic physician and PA role models. Great work environment.

overworked and underpaid

Don’t expect to ever get a significant raise, but they will give you additional work and expect you to complete it with no help or extra time. They refuse to hire more employees to help current staff and make excuses for not being able to attract new employees by saying they’re getting unemployment benefits even though the real reason is the pay is so incredibly low for the work load expected. Almost every employee does the equivalent of what should be spread between 2-3 jobs/people (except management, they barely do their own job). Management is unqualified and never accomplishes anything worthwhile and that’s during the time they’re actually in the office which is less than 50%. They also don’t help the flux of the office because they don’t even have any experience in this field. This place does not care about employees, they just want you to be another cog in the machine and if you speak up in any way expect to be punished.

Pros

Cons

Very low pay, laughable benefits, bad management, no advancement opportunities.

We are working with the best orthopedic surgeons in the valley!

OrthoArizona has grown and continues to grow. There is job security and opportunity for advancement. Management is knowledgeable and supportive. It is nice to be a part of a team and work with others who put the patients first. The surgeons focus on quality and have a great bedside manner. They are approachable.

Pros

Job security, good benefits, opportunity to work with great surgeons and be a part of a great team.

Cons

Working in healthcare can be stressful.

Terrible company

I would have never started here if I had any idea how clueless the management is from top to bottom. Lacking leadership and responsibility in all aspects of the company. Can’t wait to get out of here!!

Friendly Coworkers, Good Management

Coworkers are friendly. Insurance is affordable. The work never ends but the pay is good. Management is approachable and they actually take time to listen and provide assistance on things you don't understand. Overall it's great place to work.

Pros

Pays good

Cons

Long commute

Management , Supervisors and leads don't know what they are doing. Mean girls who think it's the best job ever. Nope. No real training. No recognition or advancement.

Over worked and under appreciated

So glad I was able to leave this place it sucked and management is the worse they play favorites and let those people just sit and do nothing but text all day.

Cons

Lots of job security as this organization continues to grow! Tons of opportunity for job advancement. If you have a strong work ethic the opportunities are endless. The providers and board are phenomenal. They make decisions to ensure the staff are well compensated and appreciated. Leadership take the hands on approach and are willing to do what is necessary to ensure their staff are supported. Lots of diversity and friendly faces great staff.

Pros

flexible hours, friendly co-workers, team driven environment

Cons

Busy practice

OrthoArizona is a great Company to work for

My hard work does not go unnoticed and there is so much growth opportunity. From day one I have been provided the correct tools, support and encouragement to be successful by my fellow co-workers and leadership. The work environment is positive and you definitely get that team feel. OrthoArizona has been a great company to work for.

Stressful but great way to get your foot in the door in the medical field

I enjoyed working as a medical scribe for OrthoArizona. The pace is definitely very fast and the learning curve took several months to adjust to however the staff members are very friendly and encouraging

They don’t care for there employees

Very sad to work for a Big Name company with high turnover!. They don’t care and they don’t take care of there staff!. Lots of employees ended up with COVID-19

Cons

good starting place for future doctors

This is a great job for observing physicians and for students that are looking to get accepted into medical school. You see a lot of how a doctor's office works.

You’ll sell your soul for scraps of bread

Catty work environment that is fueled by management. No boundaries when it comes to MA and physician relationship. They want you to make it your life but can’t even commit to an annual review.

Growing company

OrthoArizona is a growing company that offers a lot of opportunities. Generally speaking it's a fun place to work with good benefits, PTO and pay. I would recommend it to others!

Stay away if you can!

Any of these reviews that gave 5 stars are probably from management trying to make themselves look better. All the low ratings are true. This used to be a great work environment and great workplace. Once a merger happen everything went down hill. The great managers that we had previously had moved on to other things within the company. The new management that they have is absolutely horrible. They really make you feel if you’re not a friend you’re definitely an enemy and ignored. Who would want to work for a company like that. Very sad for the direction that they are headed

Pros

Doctors are amazing

Cons

Management is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OrthoArizona. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9