OrthoCarolina
57Below average

OrthoCarolina Employee Reviews

United States163 reviews
A job as a post surgical specialist had its good days and its bad. For the most part you were in control of your own schedule. However, you have minimal training so you will not feel confident in your role. There is an extremely high turn over rate here because pay is insufficient and there is no room for growth. The best part of the job was meeting coworkers and patients!
Treated unfair and under paid for all the work the PSC department does. Felt like I wasn’t worth working there at times. The hours was okay but all the work was A LOT!!! The turnover rate was HIGH. If they took the time and paid some attention to the PSC department maybe they will have some long term workers and maybe the ones that have been there longer than 10yrs would have a reason to SMILE and not look sad all the time
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I loved working here, it was a friendly environment, very much a team atmosphere and I loved the people I worked with the moral was high and there were always fun things to do
Wonderful doctors, supervisor's caring, great benefits, work with you on location and hours, patients can be testy sometimes remember they may be in pain
Worked PRN for over 2 years; the politics I saw was disturbing. They aren’t about actual patient care. The expectation was if the patient “knew” someone in OC of stature you did whatever regardless; ethical or not- even if there was another patient who truly needed the care first. It was sad. PRN do not get a raise. Ever. What? They asked me many times to be full time but I saw how they treated their employees. And I declined each time. Their employees earn 4 hours of PTO a pay period And super high deductible for their insurance. They are not concerned about their employee safety. And refuse to actually invest in a system newer than 1990 till January of 2020.
Pros
Not a one
Cons
Political/horrible benefits
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I personal wanted to be able to do more than what i was doing. The staff was cool. Loved engaging with the older patients. Liked the location of the site.of
When an employee is complaining about a change needs to be done for good don't shut them down. They put so much pressure on you it mess up your nerves.
Thoroughly enjoyed a majority of the people I worked with daily, however, due to management, a lot of people had left the location prior to my departure. Hard workers get recognized by being required to do work of their peers
Great company to work for. they really focus on the community and their employees. They help people grow within the company and grow in the community.
Great place to work! Great support from management and staff. Providers are top notch and the level of care patients receive is high. Company is very community engaged.
The management in this facility is horrible. As well as the human resources department of the company. Would NOT recommend working here if you’re a person of color. POC (People Of Color) get treated differently here & I worked at the uptown location in Charlotte. They specialize in micro-management, discrimination, oh and patient care. I’ve gotten odd vibes from some of the PA-Cs & MDs. Thought it was a great opportunity, but it lead to nothing but stress and resentment. Take the job at your own risk.
Pros
Cafeteria Lunch
Cons
Poor management, racial discrimination, micromanaging
Orthocarolina is a company that prides itself on giving back to the community. They assist different professional teams in providing school supplies and free treatment to those that need it. The believe in promoting within.They try to promote diversity. They are specialized who all patient's can get the best care for their issue.
The Shelby office works great as a team. The manager is very fair and everyone knows what the expectations are. A great place to work! We have several long term employees.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Cannot think of anything.
It was super exciting and I really enjoyed shadowing a doctor. It was exceptional to walk around with the doctor and really be inspired to work exceptoionally.
Great place to learn a little if everything expect infections. Ortho Carolina was ok probably had my hope up way to high but I enjoyed them there!!!!!
It can be a great place to work, with effective supervisors. Parking is great, the employees do not have to pay for parking. There is plenty to learn, for the most part the physicians are friendly and thorough. The hardest part of my job is being in triage you don't get a chance to meet the patients and get to know them on a one on one basis.
Pros
flexible hours
Great benefits and growth opportunities. Great place to work. The pay is good and the vacation time you earn is great. The extra things they do for the employees is nice
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I learned a lot at OC. I did my externship here and was hired immediately upon finishing school. I learned a lot about postoperative care, to include triage.
Do not recommend working here if you have any kind of obligations outside of work. The work life balance while working for this company is terrible. Extremely difficult getting time off for mandatory doctor appointments without management making you feel guilty for leaving them short staffed for the day/half day. Will find every report to run to keep track of mistakes to give a shameful raise, even if you go above and beyond.
Cons
Management, work-life balance, avoidance of issues throughout the office by management
I worked at the office downtown and the supervisor there is HORRIBLE!! No communication with the PSCs and a very very stressful atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Hours
Cons
had family emergency and was told to get my prioritizes straight and to know that work was more important than the death of a close family member. management was awful
Ask a question about working or interviewing at OrthoCarolina. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
4.1Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight