OrthoCarolina Employee Reviews

Great manager
Accounts Receivable/Denials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2018
Need improvement on computer systems. Need more opportunities for advancement. Great director and manager. Hr needs to listen to staff issues..manager did a great job on training.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
No paid breaks
Has its good points and bad points
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NC 28352October 20, 2018
Fast paced, exhaustive sometimes- but it sometimes has its rewards.It is nice to see patients recover.
Not really the site for any advancement unless someone leaves or retires.No promotion from within. A lot of extra work duties with no pay advancement.
Company culture has a lot to be desired. We are not in the suburban area of corporate headquarters,but located out in the country at a satellite office- and are not included in any company benefits that are offered in the metropolitan Charlotte area, which is a shame.
Team members do pull together and get the job done though; especially in crisis mode!! Well trained people.
Good
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
Orthocarolina is a really good place to work. I appreciate how the most recent manager gave those the opportunity when they had no medical experience.
former employee
CMA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2018
Former employee- don’t work at OC Hip and Knee Clinic. This place is constantly looking for new employees. They stay 6 months and you would think someone would wonder why clinical staff is constantly leaving. But I guess that doesn’t matter if you have money to waste training new nurse every 6 months. They need to hire a clinical manager. Someone who can figure out what is causing all the clinical staff to leave. The MD and PA at this clinic are great to work with. The hardest part is working with 2-3 PA at the same time and the pay is low. They will do flex time so don't think about overtime that is out. Orthocarolina as a company is great just work at a different location.
Cons
pay, workload, shady nurse manager
Revolving Door with Management
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2018
This company is unable to keep quality management and lacks up- to-date technology. There is little room to improve your skill set and the compensation package is low.
overall very professional and delightful work enviroment.
Certified Medical Assistant-Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at his office, however, there was no oppprtunity for advancement. Also, I was not able to practice my clinical skills. Doctors where amazing, we where trained to the best of our office managers knowledge. We worked together as a team.
Busy office, but fulfilling when you are able to help patients
Patient Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 15, 2018
The jobs at OrthoCarolina are pretty much routine, but from day to day, you may have different encounters. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting patients and them leaving with a good visit. The most difficult part is dealing with disgruntled patients who are upset for whatever reason.
Pros
various locations to choose from to work
Management turns on staff.
Out of Network Claim Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2018
After 5 years I got a new boss. He proceed to bully and berate me. I didn't want to work in that type of surrounding and decided to move on.

In the beginning I did my job and everyone was very nice and we worked well together. As time went on everyone talked about everyone. It became a tense work place. Then my new boss didn't like me and proceed to berate and bully me. Saying very nasty and hurtful words.
The benefits package for maternity and over all opportunities to advance could be a better
Test and Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  charlotte, NCJune 26, 2018
I left this company in search of better benefits, but working with the patients and knowing that you were making an impact in their lives really made the job worth it.
Stressful work place with racist supervisor
Denials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2018
A typical day at work was being watched all day by the supervisor dog. You learned absolutely nothing because training was no offered. The hardest part of the job was getting management to do their part
Cons
No breaks unless lunch time is used
Orthocarolina
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
A great place to work. The employees that actually work in the clinics are amazing. I love the patients and they seem to appreciate OrthioCarolina. The Doctors are pretty amazing
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Fun Place to work
Accounts Receivable Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. They fostered a perfect work life balanced environment. I enjoyed working for a company were it seemed as though you were all family. The hardest part of the job was leaving the company.
fast paced Orthopaedic office with multiple locations
RT-RMCT (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMay 23, 2018
A very paced patient oriented place of employment. They offer competitive salary as well as benefit compensation packages. Multiple offices over several employment opportunities and locations.
Another day in the office
Patient Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shallotte, NCMay 17, 2018
Great place with excellent staff and management. The best part of my day is helping the patients and watching them get better. The worst part of my day are the patients who are tough to deal with.
Friendly environment
Physical Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2018
A nice place to work with friendly folks. Easy to speak with most anyone there. Staff is always friendly and management seems to be informative. Good employment opportunities.
Overall a good place to work
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 4, 2018
Most days are easy and stress free. Occasionally there will more patients than usual and there will be lines which can be stressful, but that is not very frequent. Most patients were polite and kind. Management was great, easy to talk to and understanding.
It's all about who you know
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2018
If you don't know anyone in a high enough position, you will stay in your position forever. They are also not very open of understanding to other cultures.
Externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 23, 2018
Pretty fast paced and definitely busy, but the staff is friendly and helpful. Everyone got along for the most part and communicated well. The doctors were very experienced.
Pros
Lots of free food from reps
Cons
Not enough med assistants per doctor
Great staff and management
Implementation project manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2018
I was very close to colleagues and still am to this day, having left 9 months ago. My position was unique, and won't necessarily be the same for any role at OC. Unfortunately the unique nature of my role is what led to my position being eliminates, as there weren't any more practices to merge with.
A productive and laid back place to work in.
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
My day would start by clocking in and getting ready for my first task and patient. I've learned that caring for those who can't and are unable to go on in life, has made me a strong person and really appreciate life and to be able to give back to those who need my help. Doing this kind of work, you never know what your going to face that day and it give's you the strength to take on day to day outcomes in life. The number one thing I love about this job, is that it's not your ordinary customer service job, It's a place where you can actually help save someone life and just give a person hope, make someone feel that you care and most importantly loved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OrthoCarolina. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

4.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight