OrthoCarolina Employee Reviews

Think before taking the job
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2019
I worked at OC for a bit. If you're not part of a cliche or from the remote area, get used to working on your own and figuring things out. Otherwise, you're putdown and laughed at . PAs and MDs were great to work with. And don't expect to get trained properly, because they don't. Only in classroom. In clinical your preceptor is supposed to, don't bet on it. I guess I saw it for a moment as a good opportunity....not really.
Pros
Lunch in the hospital
Cons
no real experience in my field
Very Busy Climic
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Ortho Carolina is a very busy Orthopedic Practice
Our schedule was a patient every 1/2 hour and we worked 12 hour shifts
I learned how to be proficient at my job and very organized
The hardest part of the job was to keep on schedule and try to not get behind all the while keeping the patients happy and safe in the MRI environment
It's a difficult but necessary balance
My co-workers were great
Everybody was a team player otherwise we would not be able to get through the day
The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping people and seeing them get better
Management was ok
Our lead Tech was great and did her best
Pros
12 hour shifts 3 day workweek
Cons
busy office-not for everybody
Productive and fun place to work
staff, and other departments (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2019
Management was wonderful. Coworkers very friendly and pay was awesome. Would recommend Orthocarolina to anyone. A great place to work. Management care a lot about their employees and they make it known.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
No overtime
Great physicians to work for!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2019
The physicians, staff and patients make OrthoCarolina great. You have the opportunity to learn from some great teammates. Building meaningful relationships with them and learning all you can is key.
Corporate OC mgmt not good
HR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 6, 2019
Most enjoyable part was the people.
Company management creates a huge separation by treating staff and executives so differently. Low compensation compared to the industry.
Nice focus on wellness.
Pros
People, wellness focus
Cons
Hr, Mgmt
Favoritism and poor Management
Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 28, 2018
There is a lot of favoritism and lack of follow through and support to staff from the management team. Communication lacks and you aren’t provided with help when needed unless it’s convenient for the manager. The manager doesn’t know how to do the job of who they supervise. The Providers don’t get along and you have to be on guard never knowing their mood for the day.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management is poor and has their favorites
Work environment varies with location
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCDecember 12, 2018
The practice manager that worked in our office was absolutely ineffective as a team lead. OrthoCarolina will only listen to complaints in order to pacify them. There was no resolve of the issues that were reported. Practice Manager has a sexist attitude toward female employees and an all around jerk. Morale of office was swift to decline under his (non) leadership.
Pros
Multiple learning opportunities
Cons
Very stressful work environment, Some team members would only “help” when it was to their benefit.
Lack of accountability
Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 10, 2018
People were not held responsible for their job functions. Many staff members, including management couldn't even perform the job they were hired to do, yet they still hold that position relying on others to do all the work. Expectations were unreasonable. In the end, staff is not happy there and that's why people are leaving.
Pros
salary
Cons
poor management
Family orientated company
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCNovember 14, 2018
A typical day at Orthocarolina is 110 patients, very fast paced however as a team we are able to quickly and effectively get the patients checked in and all of their needs met. I truly enjoy working with a diverse group of people. A career in healthcare is definitely a career that I truly enjoy.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
better pay
Great manager
Accounts Receivable/Denials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2018
Need improvement on computer systems. Need more opportunities for advancement. Great director and manager. Hr needs to listen to staff issues..manager did a great job on training.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
No paid breaks
Has its good points and bad points
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NC 28352October 20, 2018
Fast paced, exhaustive sometimes- but it sometimes has its rewards.It is nice to see patients recover.
Not really the site for any advancement unless someone leaves or retires.No promotion from within. A lot of extra work duties with no pay advancement.
Company culture has a lot to be desired. We are not in the suburban area of corporate headquarters,but located out in the country at a satellite office- and are not included in any company benefits that are offered in the metropolitan Charlotte area, which is a shame.
Team members do pull together and get the job done though; especially in crisis mode!! Well trained people.
Good
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
Orthocarolina is a really good place to work. I appreciate how the most recent manager gave those the opportunity when they had no medical experience.
former employee
CMA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2018
Former employee- don’t work at OC Hip and Knee Clinic. This place is constantly looking for new employees. They stay 6 months and you would think someone would wonder why clinical staff is constantly leaving. But I guess that doesn’t matter if you have money to waste training new nurse every 6 months. They need to hire a clinical manager. Someone who can figure out what is causing all the clinical staff to leave. The MD and PA at this clinic are great to work with. The hardest part is working with 2-3 PA at the same time and the pay is low. They will do flex time so don't think about overtime that is out. Orthocarolina as a company is great just work at a different location.
Cons
pay, workload, shady nurse manager
Revolving Door with Management
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2018
This company is unable to keep quality management and lacks up- to-date technology. There is little room to improve your skill set and the compensation package is low.
overall very professional and delightful work enviroment.
Certified Medical Assistant-Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCAugust 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at his office, however, there was no oppprtunity for advancement. Also, I was not able to practice my clinical skills. Doctors where amazing, we where trained to the best of our office managers knowledge. We worked together as a team.
Busy office, but fulfilling when you are able to help patients
Patient Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 15, 2018
The jobs at OrthoCarolina are pretty much routine, but from day to day, you may have different encounters. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting patients and them leaving with a good visit. The most difficult part is dealing with disgruntled patients who are upset for whatever reason.
Pros
various locations to choose from to work
Management turns on staff.
Out of Network Claim Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2018
After 5 years I got a new boss. He proceed to bully and berate me. I didn't want to work in that type of surrounding and decided to move on.

In the beginning I did my job and everyone was very nice and we worked well together. As time went on everyone talked about everyone. It became a tense work place. Then my new boss didn't like me and proceed to berate and bully me. Saying very nasty and hurtful words.
The benefits package for maternity and over all opportunities to advance could be a better
Test and Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  charlotte, NCJune 26, 2018
I left this company in search of better benefits, but working with the patients and knowing that you were making an impact in their lives really made the job worth it.
Stressful work place with racist supervisor
Denials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2018
A typical day at work was being watched all day by the supervisor dog. You learned absolutely nothing because training was no offered. The hardest part of the job was getting management to do their part
Cons
No breaks unless lunch time is used
Orthocarolina
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
A great place to work. The employees that actually work in the clinics are amazing. I love the patients and they seem to appreciate OrthioCarolina. The Doctors are pretty amazing
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OrthoCarolina. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

4.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight