Orthopaedic Associates Employee Reviews

Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 11, 2019
Very long time ago that I worked there but I am still friends with ,any people that still work there. Very fun and professional work environment. Great place to work.
Awesome job
Auditor/Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 20, 2019
As a scribe you follow physicians around and document all the encounters. All are very pleasant to work with, the culture is friendly and relaxed. Loved working with all coworkers and patients!
It's a job and nothing more
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Pay is not good. They take advantage of you if you are competent at your job by adding more to your plate as fellow worker leave instead of hiring replacements with no more pay.
Fine place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2018
Not much to say that I haven't already said. Worked for several physicians and enjoyed the people. Being able to provide customer service in a fast paced environment was a challenge but fun.
great place to work
PRN MRI Technician (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLDecember 9, 2018
nice employees. easy going. approachable managers. Patients you see are all generally nice even though they are there in pain. Other employees are always willing to help you out when needed.
Great Company to work for
Medical assistant (externship) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2018
Fun, challenging and hard working place. OA has discipline my thinking and has challenge me mentally and physically. I love every bit of it and still learning more.
Pros
Great benefits, Friendly environment
Excellent benefits/ fast paced work environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 4, 2018
The experience gained at this office is skill sharpening. Benefits awarded are remarkable as well as the close-knit employees.
Professional environment.
Benefits
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Lazy management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 5, 2018
Poor management, very lazy. Billing department is a joke and poorly ran. Doctors are amazing, but departments are ran by favoritism. I would not recommend working here if you are wanting to advance. Hard workers are not recognized.
Benefits
Cons
Coworkers
Family oriented
Med Coding/Billing, Charge Poster, Pymt Poster (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 3, 2018
I believe if the Manager would not have managed the office with her emotions and would have followed the Policies, the patients and employees would have been more structured and accountable.
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
No structure or accountability
Great place!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 20, 2018
Worked with some of the nicest and approachable doctors. I was given many new tasks to learn with great teaching and was able to leave with news skills.
Pros
Friendly doctors
Cons
non
Received valuable experience
Research Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2018
A great opportunity. I believe, however, this corporation folded several years back after many physicians retired and/or left the organization. It had a great reputation in its time.
Great Work experience
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 7, 2018
Always had a great experience, would not be leaving if I wasn't moving. The physicians and staff are very friendly and easy to work with. They truly care about you
Awful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 22, 2018
Not a good place to work. Management is poorly put together and offices are chaotic. CEO is a joke.
Management at their different locations are very lazy and have their favorites. A lot of people do not like their job there.
Pros
Free lunches about 1x month
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of clicks, unwelcoming of new hires
Fast-paced environment
Surgery Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 21, 2018
This is a fast-paced working environment. They are also rapidly expanding. You must be able to multi-task and handle an always changing environment. Most of the staff is female and are enjoyable to work with.
enjoyed serving patients
Satellite Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 4, 2018
I worked for Orthopaedic Associates for five and a half years. I worked at one of the satellite offices and was busy all the time. one of my favorite things about working here was the relationships that I was able to see grow with the patients,
Fast-paced and demanding
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXJune 8, 2018
OA was a very busy medical office and the doctors took their time with their patients which caused a longer wait time. Complaints from patients were dealt with on a daily basis. Competitive pay, and great coworkers.
lack of management
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Business units within an organization must work together to accomplish goals. The general manager is responsible for communicating the team mission and fostering an environment that builds consensus and gains cooperation from others in order to accomplish the mission. Effective managers know how to develop, encourage, maintain and reward cooperative work relationships. They understand how to facilitate teamwork and foster trust and commitment. Without a standard of behavior when interacting with others, effective teamwork will not happen.
prooductive
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 10, 2018
I did not work here for very long. it was a temporary position. From what I can remember the patients seems very pleased to be there and the staff was extremely nice.
Not a fun place to work
The environment at OA is toxic. I worked there for over a year and I dreaded going in every day. The management is very fake. They pick and choose who they like, and become friends with them, while others, especially if you’re new, are left out of the loop entirely.

The job itself varied daily and you never knew what you were going to be doing. I would say I didn’t feel comfortable in my role 100% for 4-6 months.. then, they throw more to learn on your plate, and if you’re like me, they forget to give you your raise and you do the additional work for 6 months with no increase in pay.

I’ve never had lower self esteem than my time at Orthopaedic Associates.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Everything else
Medical Assistant at Orthopaedic Associates
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 4, 2017
Overall a typical day at OAI would start at 8am and end at 4:30pm. We start with opening and stocking all the procedure and exam rooms. Starting all the computers and logging into the portals. After a patient is brought back and their chart is updated to EMR requirements the patient would get prepped for the body part they are being seen for. If the patient is in need of an injection, medical procedure, DME product, etc., the MA would assist. After the appointment is complete we escort the patient to check out. At the end of the day all the rooms are sterilized and injection stations stocked for the next work day. Throughout the day the instruments are washed and the autoclave is ran.
I would like to grow personally and professionally.
Pros
Family company, worked as a team, dependable
Cons
low wages, costly health care due to being a private company