Orthopaedic Associates Employee Reviews in Evansville, IN

Awesome job
Auditor/Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 20, 2019
As a scribe you follow physicians around and document all the encounters. All are very pleasant to work with, the culture is friendly and relaxed. Loved working with all coworkers and patients!
Lazy management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 5, 2018
Poor management, very lazy. Billing department is a joke and poorly ran. Doctors are amazing, but departments are ran by favoritism. I would not recommend working here if you are wanting to advance. Hard workers are not recognized.
Benefits
Cons
Coworkers
Great Work experience
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 7, 2018
Always had a great experience, would not be leaving if I wasn't moving. The physicians and staff are very friendly and easy to work with. They truly care about you
Awful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 22, 2018
Not a good place to work. Management is poorly put together and offices are chaotic. CEO is a joke.
Management at their different locations are very lazy and have their favorites. A lot of people do not like their job there.
Pros
Free lunches about 1x month
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of clicks, unwelcoming of new hires
Not a fun place to work
The environment at OA is toxic. I worked there for over a year and I dreaded going in every day. The management is very fake. They pick and choose who they like, and become friends with them, while others, especially if you’re new, are left out of the loop entirely.

The job itself varied daily and you never knew what you were going to be doing. I would say I didn’t feel comfortable in my role 100% for 4-6 months.. then, they throw more to learn on your plate, and if you’re like me, they forget to give you your raise and you do the additional work for 6 months with no increase in pay.

I’ve never had lower self esteem than my time at Orthopaedic Associates.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Everything else
Micro Managed/ Not a fun place to work.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN and Henderson, KYApril 29, 2016
In this job position I worked as a front desk worker. As a front desk worker, I traveled around between Orthopaedic Associates four different offices. As a front desk worker your job for that day varied. Front Desk covers the checking in of patients, the checking out of patients, covering the call center(answering phones and sending out messages), and scheduling surgery for the Physicians.

This office is very micro managed. I personally did not agree with the way Orthopaedic Associates was managed. If you want to be told 24-7 what you should be doing and when you should be doing it then Orthopaedic Associates is for you.

When it comes to Co-workers good luck fitting in. Orthopaedic Associates involves many cliques. In the front desk department several people were fine to work with while others are very judgmental, lazy, and hard to work with.

The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the public. Front Desk workers are the face of Orthopaedic Associates. We are the first people to greet people and the last face that they see when they check out. We also are the ones who talk to patients over the phone and take care of their needs. While this could also go under the category of being the most enjoyable part of my job it was also the hardest part of my job. When things go wrong, Front desk gets yelled at by patients in office and over the phone. When patients want to blame someone it is always the front desk. It is never the CA's or physicians fault.

The only good thing about this job is that quarterly you do get bonuses for patient satisfaction,
  more... insurance cards data entry, patient date entry, etc. The checks are pretty nice and you get even more if you are a surgery scheduler.  less
Pros
Insurance, Job Security, Bonuses, etc.
Cons
Micro Managed, 30 min lunch break, travel in between offices
Great people and patients to work with
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2015
Most days were very busy, seeing 200+ patients each day. It was important to be able to work independently and with a team. I learned that each patient deserves a little special attention so they don't just feel like a number. I enjoyed the busy days the most because I felt like I got to help more people out that way.
Pros
free sodas, great work environment, great profit sharing with 401k
Great Docs
rad tech/ ortho tech/ clinical assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 11, 2015
Although there is conflict among different departments here the doctors that are at OA are amazing!! They go out of their way for employees. They are a great group to work for
Pros
event tickets
Cons
benifits are pricey
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 29, 2014
Too much call (every other weekend). Call often entailed working 10 to 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday.