Orthopaedic Associates Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

lack of management
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Business units within an organization must work together to accomplish goals. The general manager is responsible for communicating the team mission and fostering an environment that builds consensus and gains cooperation from others in order to accomplish the mission. Effective managers know how to develop, encourage, maintain and reward cooperative work relationships. They understand how to facilitate teamwork and foster trust and commitment. Without a standard of behavior when interacting with others, effective teamwork will not happen.
Poor management and VERY high turnover
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
I in three years they had a turnover of 44 people and with only 50 employees and 7 of them are doctors, you can plainly see there are issues. No raises in those three years and only a few people that work there have been there longer than 3 years. If you are looking for high stress, low wages and criticism of your work this is the place for you.
Nice place to work.
Admin. Asst. /Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed the work that I did. Learned alot of new and interesting things. I also enjoyed the people that I worked with, they made the work place easy to work at.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Work location
Very Fast Paced work enviornment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  18885 Katy Fwy Houston, TX 77094July 14, 2016
Fast paced Orthopaedic practice. Answer phones and schedule appointments, check patient's in and check them out in a timely manner. I learned a lot about Orthopaedics. The hardest part of the job was making sure all of the ICD 10 codes were correctly entered before the superbill went to the billing dept. The easiest part of the job was checking the patient's in, and putting up their chart.
Pros
Free lunches from reps
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Good place to work and learn
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2016
It is a good place to learn but not to stay long term. There is no management. Great group of people to work with. The pay is decent
Excellent place to work
Administrator/CEO (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
i enjoy problem solving and triage many calls. Multi-tasking was a given and mandatory. Management comes naturally to me. The employees
were great team players. Hardest part of the job is interviewing and not sure how they will perform.
Most enjoyable part of my day was making a difference to others.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
Cons
Having to answer to 5 partners and not one general manager
Amazing Doctors and Physician Assistants
LMRT/MA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
Every doctor affiliated with this practice is amazingly talented! I would trust them with my life and every one in my family!! Love them all!!!!

Worst mistake of my life was having to leave!