Orthopaedic Associates

Orthopaedic Associates Employee Reviews for Receptionist

Fine place to work.
Not much to say that I haven't already said. Worked for several physicians and enjoyed the people. Being able to provide customer service in a fast paced environment was a challenge but fun.
Awful place to work
Not a good place to work. Management is poorly put together and offices are chaotic. CEO is a joke.
Management at their different locations are very lazy and have their favorites. A lot of people do not like their job there.
Pros
Free lunches about 1x month
Cons
Short breaks, a lot of clicks, unwelcoming of new hires
Not a fun place to work
The environment at OA is toxic. I worked there for over a year and I dreaded going in every day. The management is very fake. They pick and choose who they like, and become friends with them, while others, especially if you’re new, are left out of the loop entirely.

The job itself varied daily and you never knew what you were going to be doing. I would say I didn’t feel comfortable in my role 100% for 4-6 months.. then, they throw more to learn on your plate, and if you’re like me, they forget to give you your raise and you do the additional work for 6 months with no increase in pay.

I’ve never had lower self esteem than my time at Orthopaedic Associates.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Everything else
Productive and fun place to work
This was a wonderful opportunity to begin my journey into healthcare office administrative support staff. I had a fabulous supervisor who really took me under her wing at just 19 and taught me how to be a great leader. She knew that I had potential for more and saw to it that I had ever opportunity to expand my knowledge and cross-train me in many different areas. This has been a useful tool throughout my career.
Very Fast Paced work enviornment
Fast paced Orthopaedic practice. Answer phones and schedule appointments, check patient's in and check them out in a timely manner. I learned a lot about Orthopaedics. The hardest part of the job was making sure all of the ICD 10 codes were correctly entered before the superbill went to the billing dept. The easiest part of the job was checking the patient's in, and putting up their chart.
Pros
Free lunches from reps
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Good place to work and learn
It is a good place to learn but not to stay long term. There is no management. Great group of people to work with. The pay is decent
Micro Managed/ Not a fun place to work.
In this job position I worked as a front desk worker. As a front desk worker, I traveled around between Orthopaedic Associates four different offices. As a front desk worker your job for that day varied. Front Desk covers the checking in of patients, the checking out of patients, covering the call center(answering phones and sending out messages), and scheduling surgery for the Physicians.

This office is very micro managed. I personally did not agree with the way Orthopaedic Associates was managed. If you want to be told 24-7 what you should be doing and when you should be doing it then Orthopaedic Associates is for you.

When it comes to Co-workers good luck fitting in. Orthopaedic Associates involves many cliques. In the front desk department several people were fine to work with while others are very judgmental, lazy, and hard to work with.

The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the public. Front Desk workers are the face of Orthopaedic Associates. We are the first people to greet people and the last face that they see when they check out. We also are the ones who talk to patients over the phone and take care of their needs. While this could also go under the category of being the most enjoyable part of my job it was also the hardest part of my job. When things go wrong, Front desk gets yelled at by patients in office and over the phone. When patients want to blame someone it is always the front desk. It is never the CA's or physicians fault.

The only good thing about this job is that quarterly you do get bonuses for patient satisfaction,
 - more...
Pros
Insurance, Job Security, Bonuses, etc.
Cons
Micro Managed, 30 min lunch break, travel in between offices