Orthopaedic Associates

Orthopaedic Associates Employee Reviews

Overal pleasant work environment but low pay and not a balanced work load. Doctors overall trusted in their help as well as allowed for independent working.
Overall working at OA was not a bad experience, some of the physicians are great to work with, others not so much. The worst part about his company is the management.
This position was fantastic in the beginning. Promises of learning and opportunities were promised. Sadly the great medical assistants all left within one year, thing continued to get worse. There is no room for advancement, very negative environment, cutbacks on benefits such as 401k, PTO, hours and even the water cooler. I consider myself a very good medical assistant with 12 years experience. This is a dead end job. Not Covid safe at all!
Pros
Met some friends
Cons
Toxic environment, dead end position.
Contact with management is 7/8 contact by Instant message or email. I have not seen my direct manager in 4-5 weeks. I have been here 3 years and have had very few staff meetings. Communication about mistakes have only been through Instant message. Always a negative response.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I was let go after 69 days. I received roughly 8 days of training. The 1st month coworkers were friendly and supportive, after that, the bullying started, because I didn't have the position down to perfection. I would get yelled at when I'd reach out to coworkers with questions, even screamed at and hung up on. It sucked the life out of me! o other coworker had to.other
They will lowball you on pay, even though they claim to pay better than anyone else in the area. Lies. They start younger people with not as much experience at higher pay rates for unknown reasons. No one wants to work as a team, except for when it benefits them, directly. You have surgery schedulers (not all) who literally make up lies about people they call friends, just to make themselves look better. Because for some reason, they think that works. And management... There’s not enough space here to even dive into how absent they are and how bad the favoritism is. They do NOT recognize hard work, unless you’re one of the favorites. Management is friends with employees (not a crime in and of itself), and you just know those people could get away with anything. AND THEY DO. The pay is not at all what it should be for the (mostly) mental exhaustion they cause. And that’s not even starting to talk about how they will leave a single person to handle check-in, check-out, and every other walk-in that comes through, all while having MULTIPLE doctors in clinic at any given time. Trust me when I say... Save yourself the mental abuse that this job gives you, and work somewhere else. WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Pros
Slightly better hourly pay
Cons
Literally everything else.
have learned a lot from my co workers and Physicians that I have the opportunity to work with. Everyone has been helpful and very welcoming. I enjoy the work place environment.
I was given an opportunity to show my professional and work skills on a daily basis. The company encouraged me to not only be an ambassador for the company to each patient, but to also be a human being and assist them with their needs.
The environment was great except for management. I felt they had the wrong person running the business. Everyone else I worked with was great, it was hard to leave but I didn’t want to be taken advantage of any longer. Management would add on extra responsibilities with no compensation. Would start gossip with other employees and act very petty if you disagreed with said manager. Totally unprofessional. Disappinted is an understatement.
Do not work for the company. Illegal billing practices. No policy and procedures. Bobble head for an Administrator and the managing Physician is nasty, rude, greedy and doesn't care about his employees.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company is toxic and negative
Very long time ago that I worked there but I am still friends with ,any people that still work there. Very fun and professional work environment. Great place to work.
Open the day by greeting providers already in office. Start the computer systems primarily used throughout the day. Print the schedules for the providers who request them. Begin checking in patients at 7:00AM - 4:00PM. Through out the day there is always something unexpected that comes up. Handle these situations with calm and polite. Hardest part of job: Being the go between patients and providers. Insurance changes continually. The most enjoyable part of the day: Patient's health improvement. Patient's laughing and smiling when they graduate.
Pros
Health Benefits, Hour lunch break, convenient
Cons
Wage does not compete with the cost of living in the area. Little advancement opportunity.
As a scribe you follow physicians around and document all the encounters. All are very pleasant to work with, the culture is friendly and relaxed. Loved working with all coworkers and patients!
Pay is not good. They take advantage of you if you are competent at your job by adding more to your plate as fellow worker leave instead of hiring replacements with no more pay.
Not much to say that I haven't already said. Worked for several physicians and enjoyed the people. Being able to provide customer service in a fast paced environment was a challenge but fun.
nice employees. easy going. approachable managers. Patients you see are all generally nice even though they are there in pain. Other employees are always willing to help you out when needed.
Fun, challenging and hard working place. OA has discipline my thinking and has challenge me mentally and physically. I love every bit of it and still learning more.
Pros
Great benefits, Friendly environment
The experience gained at this office is skill sharpening. Benefits awarded are remarkable as well as the close-knit employees. Professional environment.
Benefits
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Poor management, very lazy. Billing department is a joke and poorly ran. Doctors are amazing, but departments are ran by favoritism. I would not recommend working here if you are wanting to advance. Hard workers are not recognized.
Benefits
Cons
Coworkers
I believe if the Manager would not have managed the office with her emotions and would have followed the Policies, the patients and employees would have been more structured and accountable.
Pros
Pay Rate
Cons
No structure or accountability
Worked with some of the nicest and approachable doctors. I was given many new tasks to learn with great teaching and was able to leave with news skills.
Pros
Friendly doctors
Cons
non