ORTHOPEDIC ASSOCIATES Employee Reviews

N/a
Front office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 12, 2019
Very fast past working environment, the doctors very nice and patient and good with the patients. I learned a lot working there. The hours worked well with my schedule at home.
Pros
very fast working enviroment
Cons
the location
An organized and efficient workplace
Externship Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 7, 2019
During my time at this office I learned how to quickly and efficiently room patients so that they could be seen and taken care of. The management was excellent and really cared for the patients.
Don't waste your time
Patient care technician supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 24, 2019
Worked for this company for 8 yrs, worked my way up the food chain to becoming a medical assistant and got passed over 3 times for employees that were under qualified and had been with the company less time than myself, including a phone scheduler who was only with the company a year. Very under paid for all the responsibilities that management required of me. And very under appreciated by the physicians, not all but most. The level of disrespect from this company as a whole is unforgivable.
Pros
I made some life long friends while I worked there.
Cons
They screw the patients over and the employees over.
Stay as far away as humanly possible
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHMarch 8, 2019
From day one the drama starts. Never have I seen a work environment so full of drama. There are promises made here that were never kept. Management tells you things will get done however, no matter how hard you work it will get you no where. The lower level staff are great people to work with and once you get to know the docs they are wonderful as well. Unfortunately that is the best thing about the company are the co-workers. Pay is a joke for the amount of work load and stress that you deal with. I could write a book on this place but I don't need to wast another second of my life thinking about this work place. Potential employee beware and do yourself a favor move right on past this employment add. There are much better careers out there.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Drama, lies, back stabbing, pay
great
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Silver, NJMarch 6, 2019
i loved working with the patients. They have an in-office PT room which is extremely convenient. All the staff is nice. Fun place to work. They order good food
Orthopedic Associates
Billing Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2019
This really is a great place to work. Everyone works together as a team and are very supportive of each other.

A lot of change is happening currently and there are a lot of hurdles to overcome.

The commute is excessive.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Commute is too long
Dont do it
Employee (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 22, 2019
So much office drama. Liars get further than good employees. Good employees are underpaid and overworked. No one is on the same page. Disorganized. The doctors are great.
Stressful
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2019
Very stressful and not well managed. The staff is overworked and generally unhappy. Most employees complained about the pay rates and the amount of work for which they are responsible.
Busy orthopedic practice
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 29, 2018
Orthopedic Associates is no longer in practice. Surgeons branched off into their own practices or became of retirement age. I left Orthopedic Associates after 7-years to further my career.
Cons
Unable to advance within the company or recieve higher compinsation
Do not work here
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 12, 2018
Patients are over booked and the staff is not paid well. The management lacks in communication. If you want to overtime a lot then this is the place for you.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Pay not great
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
During my stay with this company there was vital information withheld from me in order to complete my daily tasks. I do not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
na
Cons
na
A well-run company
Medical Coder-Outpatient - Contract (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
Management has a great attitude. They are transitioning from coding being outsourced to building an internal department. They require very rapid learning and do not entirely provide communication information to the right management personnel. Otherwise, this is a fantastic opportunity.
Pros
Great, hardworking people
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Best place to work!
Therapy Receptionist/Registration (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 17, 2018
I absolutely love my job at Orthopaedic Associates. I work for the best orthopedic surgeons in this area and best of all I work for a private practice. All the surgeons know me by name instead of just being a number at some of these big hospitals. The pay, hours, and benefits are awesome. I will never leave this job!
great work team
MEDICAL SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2018
steady but not stressful. I learned how to schedule surgeries Management was okay. Workplace culture was excellent. Hardest part of the job meeting last minute demands in a timely manner. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients and scheduling surgeries.
Pros
work place environment
Cons
advancement and pay increase
Busy and well run office
Medical Assistant/ Orthopedic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2018
Great physicians, staff and CEO. A Typical work day consisted of approximately 40 + patients, 30 + phone calls and about 4-5 casts. Management was good with making sure you had support in your clinic. Hardest part of the job was to multitask. Most enjoyable was taking care of the patients needs.
Pros
Great work ethic
Cons
Very busy
Great administration staff
Billing and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 1, 2018
Orthopedic associates of wi is a friendly place to work. They keep updated on all the latest insurance guidelines. The facility is brand new and very inviting
Caring providers
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Fishersville, VAJuly 31, 2018
The doctors were the best. They treated you with kindness and always asked about your family.

Very busy office, must be prepared to work.

Will work with personal issues.
Pros
Free birthday lunches
Cons
Some staff gossip
Great Physicians
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 12, 2018
Working with the physicians and patients at OACM was a pleasure. I loved engaging with patients and being in an organization that provided its patients with top-notch service and amazing orthopedic surgeons.
Poor Management
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 12, 2018
With this job, it was a place where everyone had already been there for so long they were all on the same page. I was considered an outsider. Anything that went wrong it was my fault.
Pros
Free lunches, excellent benefits
Cons
Did not pay fair amount for travel time
Great Entry Level Tech Job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 28, 2018
The therapists are very knowledgeable and willing to teach you everything you know. The rest of the employees are college level PT hopefuls and are all very friendly and easy to work with in a fast paced environment.