Orthopedic One Employee Reviews

Great until you discover how they truely operate
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2019
It was great working at Orthopedic One, at first. As time passed, I realized that management do not care about the employees. They put the patients before employees, even when they are wrong. They do not take the amount of work you do into consideration. They are quick to judge and will let you go in the drop of a hat to move on to the next. The employee turnaround is high. The health insurance is also too expensive.
March 26, 2019

We appreciate this feedback. Creating a work environment that is fair, consistent, and positive is a priority for our organization and our leadership team. We are always working to provide a better staff experience and hearing employee perspectives matters to us. At Orthopedic ONE we help our patients pursue better lives every day, and we strive to hire like-minded individuals who are driven to support that purpose. As part of our interview process, we offer a thorough review of our entire benefit package so that prospective employees may consider if our offerings are a good fit for their needs. We are proud to have many associates who have served our patients for years – and we know that our associates are in large part the reason more people choose Orthopedic ONE to provide their musculoskeletal care than any other group practice in central Ohio.

I am currently employed
finance office float (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 5, 2019
I am currently employed but am looking to leave this environment. Some of the Management staff is difficult to work with. I do not wish to continue here.
March 26, 2019

We appreciate this feedback and we take these topics seriously at Orthopedic ONE. Creating a fair and positive work environment is a top priority and we are always working to provide a better staff experience. All employees are trained on the company policies and the employee handbook during orientation, including our open door policy. Since you are a current employee, please consider reaching out to a member of the HR team to discuss your concerns.

Wages
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 7, 2019
They wages are not very competitive and there is not a good vibe that they value long time employees with incentives to stay on board. There is no room for career advancement within the company.
No advancement
Physician Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2018
Scheduling office was in the basement. No advancement within. Did not feel appreciated by surgeons staff. Protocols rarely updated and going above and beyond seldomly acknowledged
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Worked as a scheduler; office in the basement. No windows and noappreciation from doctors and staff
Would rather not comment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 5, 2018
Go in, work your claims and go home. They supply coffee and condiments for their employees. You cannot wear jeans on Fridays. Very patient oriented. Coworkers are great.
A hidden gem
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 2 years now and let me say, I’ve never been happier. It is a quick paced, busy place to work, but not overwhelming. It is truly a great place to work! The environment is one of honesty and dignity. You are treated with respect and you feel valued. And the doctors are fantastic! I have no complaints about working there!
Pros
Treated with respect! Good benefits and pay. Fun environment!
I love this place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2018
My manager is amazing here. I truly love working at Orthopedic One. The staff members are all so kind and it is a very structured, yet laid back place to work. I never feel tense when I am working here. It has been by far my favorite work place yet.
Friendly
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2018
It is a JOB I would not call it a career. Turn over is high, low pay, benefits are expensive. it is an ok place to start out at but no room for advancement
Required review
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMarch 31, 2018
I was only a student physical therapist at Orthopedic One. I have limited to no knowledge about what being an employee for this company is like.......
Scheduling Department
PHYSICIAN APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHDecember 10, 2017
Small working environment, where you were hired to do one thing and come to find out your constantly moving. I've learned that you have to make yourself happy and O1 is NOT the place for it. Management needs to fully understand the department before taking over. The most difficult part of the job is having to deal with ungrateful patients who can complain and get what they want and management allowing them to treat there employees like dirt.
May 18, 2018

At Orthopedic One, we pride ourselves on being the largest privately owned orthopedic practice in Ohio, while still offering that “small” office feeling, which many patients and staff members really enjoy. We intend for staff to have a balanced work load, while also offering them the opportunity to learn new things, cross-train and advance - another area that many of our new hires and team members appreciate. As for our patients, people in pain and dealing with health issues are often under heightened stress, and therefore require even more empathy, patience and care. Our goal is to hire like-minded people who enjoy caring for patients and can focus on the positives, and many benefits their care provides our patients each and every day.

Management made the job stressful
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2017
Management made the job stressful. It took to long to get to work and home. Did not like the hours. The manager took more time showing the other technician how to do things than show me.
Truly enjoyed my employment with this company
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2017
Workload was consistent on a day-to-day basis and enjoyable. Our transcription department worked as a team in service to our many Orthopedic providers.
Pros
Exceptional friendship among co-workers
Cons
Not enough in security personnel
Excellent facility for employment opportunities
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Enjoyed working with other employees. Also enjoyed being a transcriptionist here and providing service to physicians and patients. Was able to transcribe for thirty physicians and other providers. It was enjoyable and challenging to learn their various styles of dictating.
Enjoyed the variety of work and people.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I learned a lot in the amount of time I worked there. I liked the variety of work. I enjoyed my co-workers and the patients. The hours, pay and work week were convenient.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Amazing front desk coworkers
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2017
I loved working here and genuinely cared about the patients, putting them first, and always went the extra mile to make sure they were happy and well taken care of.
Fun environment with great employees
Shadowing Student (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 11, 2017
All of the physical therapists that I was able to shadow and learn from were inviting and kept everything fun and interesting. I really enjoyed my time here.
Family Work Environment
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHApril 5, 2017
I would definitely recommend anyone and everyone to physicians at Orthopedic One, specifically the Mill Run office. This office is amazing to work for- we all have a great family style relationship and are very supportive and helpful for one another. The hours can vary which is difficult if you need to be somewhere after work and occasionally coverage is scarce, but our office manager ALWAYS tries her best to make everyone happy and work with every employees schedule. I have nothing bad to say about the people who work at Orthopedic One. The issue is that we have a lot of job responsibilities and do not get financially compensated enough for how much work we put in. The physicians and fellow employees are what make it worth staying.
Pros
Great Staff, Clean Work Place, Positive Work Environment
Cons
High Stress, Coverage difficulty, Low Wages
Love what i did
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 19, 2017
I love payment posting electronic, live checks and personal checks. Was responsible for posting collection report twice a month. Running credit cards payments on the machine and online. Did co pays, logging information on spreadsheet running a daily report.
Pros
love the people i worked and learning new job duties
Cons
wish the atmosphere was better
Great benefits
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 2, 2016
I started working with a group of 5 Orthopedic surgeons and in the 13 years with them, the corporate name changed 3 times and the number of Orthopedic surgeons grew to over 50 to become the largest Orthopedic group in Central Ohio. The hardest part was learning the protocols of each doctor but most of them were accommodating and patient. Working with patients, co-workers and management was mostly enjoyable and challenging at times as with any occupation in the medical field. Multi-tasking was a necessary skill.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive salary
Cons
management ( during my employment)
Great Learning Experience
clerical (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHNovember 22, 2015
Great opportunity to learn about the health care field. Orthopedic One is generous with it's benefits compared to most health care places in Columbus.
Hardest part of the job is the corporate structure, especially after a merge and how much the company has changed.
Pros
Free Lunches from Drug Reps, 401K, Wages/Salary
Cons
Change after the Merge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orthopedic One. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight