Orthopedic One Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Scheduling Department
PHYSICIAN APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHDecember 10, 2017
Small working environment, where you were hired to do one thing and come to find out your constantly moving. I've learned that you have to make yourself happy and O1 is NOT the place for it. Management needs to fully understand the department before taking over. The most difficult part of the job is having to deal with ungrateful patients who can complain and get what they want and management allowing them to treat there employees like dirt.
Official response from Orthopedic One
May 18, 2018

At Orthopedic One, we pride ourselves on being the largest privately owned orthopedic practice in Ohio, while still offering that “small” office feeling, which many patients and staff members really enjoy. We intend for staff to have a balanced work load, while also offering them the opportunity to learn new things, cross-train and advance - another area that many of our new hires and team members appreciate. As for our patients, people in pain and dealing with health issues are often under heightened stress, and therefore require even more empathy, patience and care. Our goal is to hire like-minded people who enjoy caring for patients and can focus on the positives, and many benefits their care provides our patients each and every day.

Management made the job stressful
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2017
Management made the job stressful. It took to long to get to work and home. Did not like the hours. The manager took more time showing the other technician how to do things than show me.
Truly enjoyed my employment with this company
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2017
Workload was consistent on a day-to-day basis and enjoyable. Our transcription department worked as a team in service to our many Orthopedic providers.
Pros
Exceptional friendship among co-workers
Cons
Not enough in security personnel
Excellent facility for employment opportunities
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Enjoyed working with other employees. Also enjoyed being a transcriptionist here and providing service to physicians and patients. Was able to transcribe for thirty physicians and other providers. It was enjoyable and challenging to learn their various styles of dictating.
Enjoyed the variety of work and people.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHSeptember 6, 2017
I learned a lot in the amount of time I worked there. I liked the variety of work. I enjoyed my co-workers and the patients. The hours, pay and work week were convenient.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Amazing front desk coworkers
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2017
I loved working here and genuinely cared about the patients, putting them first, and always went the extra mile to make sure they were happy and well taken care of.
Fun environment with great employees
Shadowing Student (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 11, 2017
All of the physical therapists that I was able to shadow and learn from were inviting and kept everything fun and interesting. I really enjoyed my time here.
Family Work Environment
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHApril 5, 2017
I would definitely recommend anyone and everyone to physicians at Orthopedic One, specifically the Mill Run office. This office is amazing to work for- we all have a great family style relationship and are very supportive and helpful for one another. The hours can vary which is difficult if you need to be somewhere after work and occasionally coverage is scarce, but our office manager ALWAYS tries her best to make everyone happy and work with every employees schedule. I have nothing bad to say about the people who work at Orthopedic One. The issue is that we have a lot of job responsibilities and do not get financially compensated enough for how much work we put in. The physicians and fellow employees are what make it worth staying.
Pros
Great Staff, Clean Work Place, Positive Work Environment
Cons
High Stress, Coverage difficulty, Low Wages
Love what i did
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 19, 2017
I love payment posting electronic, live checks and personal checks. Was responsible for posting collection report twice a month. Running credit cards payments on the machine and online. Did co pays, logging information on spreadsheet running a daily report.
Pros
love the people i worked and learning new job duties
Cons
wish the atmosphere was better
Great benefits
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 2, 2016
I started working with a group of 5 Orthopedic surgeons and in the 13 years with them, the corporate name changed 3 times and the number of Orthopedic surgeons grew to over 50 to become the largest Orthopedic group in Central Ohio. The hardest part was learning the protocols of each doctor but most of them were accommodating and patient. Working with patients, co-workers and management was mostly enjoyable and challenging at times as with any occupation in the medical field. Multi-tasking was a necessary skill.
Pros
Great benefits, competitive salary
Cons
management ( during my employment)
Great Learning Experience
clerical (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHNovember 22, 2015
Great opportunity to learn about the health care field. Orthopedic One is generous with it's benefits compared to most health care places in Columbus.
Hardest part of the job is the corporate structure, especially after a merge and how much the company has changed.
Pros
Free Lunches from Drug Reps, 401K, Wages/Salary
Cons
Change after the Merge
This was the greatest place to work, I would love to join their team again
Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 2, 2015
Words cannot describe how amazing the Ohio Orthopedic Center was, someday I would love to join their team again and flourish in the role of a Nurse.
Great company. Great physicians. Great leadership.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHDecember 16, 2014
Awesome work environment. Great company to work for. Great pay, benefits and support from company leaders. No complaints about Ohio Orthopedic Center of Excellence.
Excellent leadership and great place to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHDecember 16, 2014
Physicians are focused on providing the best care for the patients and also care about their staff. Company leadership is supportive and takes the necessary steps to make good decisions.
A good experience
A/R Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHAugust 15, 2012
I worked at OOCE for twelve years and have nothing but good memories. The benefits are good and the pay was competative with other employers in the same area. The only reason I left was to pursue a job more closely related to my newly obtained certification. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
too far from my home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orthopedic One. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight