OrthoVirginia Employee Reviews

Love Working Here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 10, 2019
I've been at OrthoVirginia for about a year and a half. The culture and people are great! It was hard at first because the company was changing a lot, but over the last year, things have really changed. We have good benefits and the physicians are caring. I like my boss and the people I work with.
Pros
M-F schedule, benefits, people
Cons
fast paced, lots of change sometimes
Management at OrthoVirginia Operatory
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked at. The company is disorganized and the management sucks. The benefits are really not that great and the company itself is ok. I know that working in the Operatory was the worse though.
Ok place to work
Appointment scheduler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2018
Poor management and low salary pay, a good environment to work for the people for the most part are respectful and great to work with. The benefits are ok but could be better.
Productive and fun workplace
Support Secretary and Medical Records (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 4, 2018
Overall this is a great company. Yearly office recognition and sometimes bonuses. Hours could be flexible but they do understand when an emergency comes up. Great benefits overall.
Ok
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 15, 2018
Ok place to work if you don't want to move up. They prefer promote outside than within.

Employees are friendly and good benefits.

Somewhat flexible hours
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Promote from outside
Orthovirginia emplyment is a good company to look into
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 9, 2018
Orthovirginia has a qualified group of physical therapist and supporting staff. Health benifits and 401k/ Roth investments are available. Leave time is built up per pay check.
Great place to work and talented people to work with
Bracing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 21, 2018
I really enjoy my time at OrthoVa. I love working for a big company and having talented co-workers along side. We were a giant team! Of course, my least favorite part was when it was slow and not a lot of patients seen that day in my department. I love working with people, so getting to be with the patients was the best part. Overall, great job and company to work for!
Pros
Great team, Pto, work-life balance
Is ok to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 8, 2018
Orthovirginia is a ok place to work for. Management with the company is not the best. They show favoritism with employees. Pay raises is not the best.
Positive work environment and management
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 22, 2019
Very accomdating management and human resource department. I currently work for Ortho Virginia and we have an awesome call center staff. Everyone is like family and we pull together to get the job done.
okay pay and hours
Medical Assistant/Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2018
Lack of Benefits meaning you have to work 1 full year just for Short term, and they have cheap health insurance, and you have micro management that will rock your nerves
Pros
hours
Cons
Benitfits
I Feel Valued
Insurance Biller (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2017
I have worked for this company over a decade and I still enjoy coming to work.

While no company is perfect, overall, OrthoVirginia has supportive leadership who recognize hard work and dedication. Ultimately, you have to be willing to give them 100% - if you can do that, you will be happy, you will feel appreciated, and you will have opportunity to grow.

Over the last two years, the company has grown tremendously. As a result, there have been some expected changes with insurance, benefits, and mostly recently, computer systems. However, I think they try hard to minimize changes and keep employee out-of-pocket costs down.

Not every day is a great day and there is always a ton of work to be done. But at the end of the day, I am happy to work for quality providers who have a great reputation across the state.
Pros
Open door policies, managers listen, appreciate hard work
Cons
Communication can be delayed
good, friendly place to work
Health Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work is quick paced. Finish one task and go straight on to the next task. I have learned how to assist patients/customers in receiving what they need.
Pros
team encouragement
Cons
not much room for moving up
This place has gone down hill
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2017
The bigger the company has gotten, the less it cares about its employees. Raises and bonuses have stopped, pay is no where near enough for the amount of work they expect. Some people get away with sitting on the Internet all day, and others who are working hard are given no appreciation. The new management at the business office is a horrible lady who counts the 10 minute break and will follow you back to your desk like a kindergarten. Health coverage costs when up, raises were stopped, yet the 10 million dollar monthly goal is always met.
Cons
Healthcare, horrible management, low pay
It was very friendly
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 5, 2018
It was a very friendly place to work at. I worked there for about a year, but couldn't continue because of school. My manager and supervisor were very understanding...
Productive, Organized work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working here as an intern, because I was treated like an actual employee instead of a student. My supervisor was great! Very professional. I loved working here it was an amazing experience overall.
Be cautious
Medical Administrative (Former Employee) –  Northern VAAugust 31, 2018
While I can say that there are a few good souls who are trying to keep the face of the organization good, many are toxic and need to be removed. If you do not fit the narrative and you will not allow anyone to belittle you, they will push you out by any means necessary.
Pros
Hours, pay
Cons
Work environment can be toxic
Great company, Getting even better.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 6, 2018
OrthoVirginia is a great place to work. The people are wonderful and it's a team environment. The company has recently hired new executive leadership in several roles and we're seeing positive changes. The physicians are approachable. There are a few people who are hard to work with, but that's with any place. I would recommend OV to anyone who likes to work in a fast paced, team environment.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Team Work
Cons
Lots of change due to mergers, but improving
Caring people to work with
Physical Therapist Technician (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 4, 2018
All the therapist really cared about their patients. I was able to learn a lot about them. They were always willing to teach me something new and answered all my questions without hesitation. They all really cared about the success of my future career.
Pros
Doesn't feel like work when you are working with your friends and nice patients
Cons
You will always be on your feet.
Former employee
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 17, 2017
It was great at first. Once others realize you do your job well you get to do theirs too as they slack off. My direct supervisor was nice. I did notice with another employee when she put in her notice that she was on her bad list until she left. It was like the manager had it out to make her quit before her notice was up. Same with mine. Benefits are not so good. Health insurance out of your check is low, but you pay 100% out of pocket for visits.
Pros
They have a healthy reward program that gives a bonus if you complete it
Cons
Cons- customers are always upset because of scheduling.
decent place to work at
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 6, 2018
depends on which location youre at as to if it will be a good place to work. some locations have great management, others are terrible. things are constantly changing and upper management is awful at communicating. they keep everyone in the dark.
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OrthoVirginia. Our community is ready to answer.