OrthoVirginia Employee Reviews

It was very friendly
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 5, 2018
It was a very friendly place to work at. I worked there for about a year, but couldn't continue because of school. My manager and supervisor were very understanding...
Great place to work and talented people to work with
Bracing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 21, 2018
I really enjoy my time at OrthoVa. I love working for a big company and having talented co-workers along side. We were a giant team! Of course, my least favorite part was when it was slow and not a lot of patients seen that day in my department. I love working with people, so getting to be with the patients was the best part. Overall, great job and company to work for!
Pros
Great team, Pto, work-life balance
Management at OrthoVirginia Operatory
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked at. The company is disorganized and the management sucks. The benefits are really not that great and the company itself is ok. I know that working in the Operatory was the worse though.
Ok place to work
Appointment scheduler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2018
Poor management and low salary pay, a good environment to work for the people for the most part are respectful and great to work with. The benefits are ok but could be better.
Productive, quick pace
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23295August 30, 2018
I like my job and I love the patients. Very good doctors. Love my coworkers.
We treat everyone like family at ortho Virginia. And we try our best to assist our patients.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Favoritism
Great Workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 20, 2018
OrthoVirginia is a very family-oriented work environment that will become a second family as you become familiar with coworkers. I have enjoyed learning from coworkers, Physicians, and Physician Assistants.
Caring people to work with
Physical Therapist Technician (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 4, 2018
All the therapist really cared about their patients. I was able to learn a lot about them. They were always willing to teach me something new and answered all my questions without hesitation. They all really cared about the success of my future career.
Pros
Doesn't feel like work when you are working with your friends and nice patients
Cons
You will always be on your feet.
Largest orthopedic practice in Virginia
PATIENT BILLING ADVISOR/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 18, 2018
Very busy medical orthopedic practice; can be stressful at times. Excellent doctors and therapist. Low morale. Not a lot of room for career advancement.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 7, 2018
the management at the Tyson office is the worse. I have work for different management for Ortho. and that was great but there no guide line. it was great when we was commonwealth. I think there is just to many chiefs.
Pros
some of the doc are great
Cons
management
Fast paced environment dedicated to its patients
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAFebruary 7, 2018
All the doctors, PAs, and medical assistants were top notch and always willing to help their patients. The doctors and PAs are all experts in their given fields and were always willing to teach.
Great company, Getting even better.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 6, 2018
OrthoVirginia is a great place to work. The people are wonderful and it's a team environment. The company has recently hired new executive leadership in several roles and we're seeing positive changes. The physicians are approachable. There are a few people who are hard to work with, but that's with any place. I would recommend OV to anyone who likes to work in a fast paced, team environment.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Team Work
Cons
Lots of change due to mergers, but improving
Wanted to be there
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2018
I loved my position, manager found out something that HR knew and told me to quit or be fired. I didn't fit in the scheme of her employees.
Bad Manager
Bad job to work
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, VAJanuary 26, 2018
The office manager here has always been a problem and she insists on making rules up as she goes. Horrible place too work and too many gossiping females.
Pros
Decent hours off on weekends
Cons
Management, gossiping
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work for. CEO is great. The patients are mostly independent and can sustain exercises well. I loved working here, but had to move. Really miss the staff.
Not the company they claim to be when interviewing. Rose colored glasses come off quickly after accepting a position.
CMA (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJanuary 19, 2018
No communication, physician constantly changing things, not enough time to complete your workload, excessive phone calls & respect is almost nonexistent
Pros
Very supportive co-workers that work for other teams. Very helpful when needed.
Cons
Poor management
wonderful team atmosphere
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 1, 2018
This is the best group of surgeons I have ever worked with. It is a very fast pace with at times very physical work involved. There is a strong team cooperation among staff.
Decent
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 17, 2017
Cut throat environment, options to advance but not family oriented hours.
Office has grown too big and lacks personal touch.
More gossip than needed
Urgent care workers are taken advantage of
Pros
Competitive pay
Nope
Employee (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VADecember 11, 2017
I had high hopes walking into this business as a new employee, however, I quickly realized that if you don't serve at the feet of this poorly managed location then you will be treated like yesterday's news until she can find a way to use you to her benefit. 90% of the doctors are great to work with, but some of their teams leave a lot to be desired... There's no room for advancement and it's extremely difficult to transfer. A job is a job and I'm sure this place could be much worse, however, be mindful when applying to this company ((The shine of being new and happy wears off quickly)).
Pros
hour lunches, holiday party, discounts on treatment
Cons
unequal and inconsistent treatment of employees and enforcement of company rules and policies
Unstable
Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 14, 2017
This could be a very good company if the right leadership was in place. There is no consistency across the organization in terms of policies/procedures/rules/ethics. I have only met the chief administrator a couple times and each time she has had a nasty scowl on her face and did not even interact with the staff. There is no real chance of advancement unless you are buddies with the c-suite, and the HR associate openly discusses confidential employee issues with other staff/doctors. The chief administrator got rid of the last two assistant administrators which was a shame because they were the only ones who took the time to work with the employees. I have interacted with the Lynchburg division chief administrator more than my own region and she is far better educated and friendly. It is a shame.
Pros
nice doctors
Cons
uneducated managers
Needs lots of Improvement
Patient Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2017
Employees are not compensated for the workload, Management is unsatisfactory and PTO is given bi-weekly but not nearly enough. Overtime is given when needed but the guidelines given for making up time doesn't make sense. This company does not listen to their employees or their patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OrthoVirginia. Our community is ready to answer.