Osceola Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very Poor Management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 18, 2018
Directors and the next person in the chain of command are inconsistent with training and employees. Management does not seem to have a clear understanding of their responsibilities, and therefore cannot manage their employees productively. Corporate does not pay attention to employee, doctor, or patient complaints about departments or try to improve them.

Several departments are a mess and machines are outdated. All of HCA's money goes to improving the looks of profitable, "sexy" units like NTEL and Cardiac tower.

There is a Union, which harasses you nonstop to join. I should have, because management does not help with issues at all, but discourage you to go to HR.

I loved working with patients 90% of the other nurses and techs at the hospital. The other 10% were relentlessly hostile, however, and that is ultimately what made me resign.
Pros
Break rooms, cheap lunch, decent benefits and pay, differential pay, fairly small for a trauma center
Cons
poor training, management, short breaks, systems always down, equipment, no advancement, gross employee bathrooms
The start of my nursing career
Nursing Student Internship to RN (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 19, 2018
Fast paced demanding environment, which makes the work day go by very fast. The time I was here, was the start of my career as a nurse. I learned many things working here.
Pros
incentives
Cons
lack of staff
Exciting place to learn and grow
Clinical Coordinator PICU/Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 6, 2018
Level 2 Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center make the cases at ORMC very exciting
Great place to learn everything you need to be a great nurse
Pros
great crew
Cons
short breaks, could be stressful
Fun Place to work
Behavioral Health Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 26, 2018
Lots of chnage. You have to be flexible. Chance for improvement. great scheduling. Shared Governance. Great for grads. Tution assistance. Flexible. Diverse and Inclusive
Pros
Great People
Cons
Salary not competetive
I did not work for Osceola Medical
Chief Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 9, 2018
I was contracted by a company that worked at Osceola Medical. I did not work directly for and was not employed by the hospital. I worked in the ER among doctors, nurses, PAs, NPs and support staff.
Difficult to embrace the nursing model and execute adequate patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 28, 2018
The emergency department at Osceola Regional Medical Center is operated in a manner that makes it difficult to embrace the nursing model and execute adequate patient care.
Pros
Staff relationships and teamwork
very busy place to work
Trauma Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 9, 2018
i loved my job but they kept on highering outside candidates for the move up positions I can have. the pay raise is very minimal. I love the speed and working with people I am a people person and extremely friendly. I love the er and tauma
Pros
busy
Cons
moving up in position is difficult
Great place to work.
Certified Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 23, 2018
If I had the opportunity to return as a full -time wound care nurse, I wouldn't think it twice. Friendly atmosphere, always available to answer questions. CEO friendly, approachable.
Wonderful co-workers
RN Ortho/Surgical RN (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 9, 2018
Enjoy working with amazing people that work together and help one another. Incredibly rapid paced day with extremely gifted nurses.

I enjoy learning and learn something daily with my job. Patients we receive are of varying degrees of illness. acute care mostly. Trauma two hospital
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Very rapid paced
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 28, 2018
loved helping out and getting to know new people and learn new things learnig to talk to different people decide what carrer choice in the future and loved it
You trade decent pay for experience and training
IR/Cath Lab Tech Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 27, 2018
This facility is ALWAYS understaffed. The benefit of that is that they are willing to train you if you have no experience and they're willing to cross-train and let you pick up hours in other departments. The disadvantage of always being understaffed is that everyone is stressed out and dying for a vacation. Management doesn't seem too eager to hire new people.
student
Student (Former Employee) –  Osceola County, FLJanuary 26, 2018
the staff always went above and beyond to help achieve my personal goals as a student. they wanted me to be confident and thrive in my education, never stopped believing in me.
everyone is friendly
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 19, 2018
i wasnt part of the main staff merely a volunteer that helped the staff with what ever was needed. the place is large and no matter what you will always find yourself busy with something but your co-workers will soon become like family and you'll feel at home
Pros
free lunches as volunteer
Learning experience
LPN/ OB Tech (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34741January 4, 2018
Started out as a nurse aide and was able to advance in my career. Learned a lot and was able to apply what I learned to my career as a nurse. Working different areas of the hospital was rewarding
Great Place to work
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 2, 2018
I have been with company almost 20 yrs. I worked in many different place at hospital, the last three years I was place working night shift
it was hurting my health, so I asked for a transferred they did not have one available at the time, so I moved forward.
Student
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 2, 2018
The hospital has rotations of students from different schools. I saw there was preference given to students from one specific school. I was not from that school, so was not afforded the same learning opportunities.
Pros
variety
Cons
favoritism
great place
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 22, 2017
great place to work . I loved it there , no games, hard worker, pleasant, I miss being there and would go back in a heart beat. people great, the whole facility was great
Pros
all goo
Cons
non
Challenging...In a Good Way
Clinical Support (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 12, 2017
Osceola Regional is a fast-paced and growing facility. Over the past few years we have brought up Trauma II, Residency, PICU, and BH programs. New Leadership is very focused on Quality of Care and Patient Safety. The hardest part of the job is time-management. Since the facility is almost always at capacity, there is always plenty to do.
Pros
Varied Service Lines, Opportunity to Grow
Cons
Busy, Always another patient to place in your DC'd bed
It is a good place to work, they have multiple units that nurses can get a lot experiences
RN (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Osceola Regional Hospital, my manager was the best. It is a very fast pace Hospital. It was a pleasure to work with most of my co-workers
Excellent place to work
Charge Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 25, 2017
A great place to work, worked at this facility 30 years. Great administration, approachable, given many opportunities for advancement. Many learning opportunities.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
busy paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Osceola Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Osceola Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location