Osceola Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

PArticipated in an educatoinal event presented by Osceola Regional
Did not work at osceola regional (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Did not work for Osceola regional. Participated in an education presented by Osceola Regional at a Nemours skills fair. The presenter was extremely educated and confident on the subject at hand. enjoyed it very much.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLJanuary 6, 2019
This company gave me opportunity for personal and professional growth. Management hold annual skills training . We worked as a team which contributed to patient and family very satisfied with the care they received . RN follow the nursing process . This company is an excellent place to work at because of its diverse culture where everyone has a chance to learn from each other .
Great teamwork
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 5, 2019
experienced different things each day, kept you on your toes. Loved working with the medical professionals at the hospital, learned from many people.
Work environment supports professionalsim and advancement
Pharmacy Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 23, 2018
Growing company which allows for professional group. Which is supported by immediate boss, and administration team. Have been working here for years, and the growth has been phenomenal. Many added area to assist with growing population.
Not a very good place to work
Public Benefit Adviser (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 16, 2018
This company only care about the bottom line. All about the money with both employees and patients. They are money hungry in everything they do. Spend money.
Great Co-workers
Operating Room Circulator, BSN RN (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 4, 2018
You'll find a diverse group of people from varied backgrounds that are friendly, personable and willing to lend a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with management whom are not always fair, or receptive to employees pointing out inconsistencies.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
No breaks, late lunches, inconsistent management
workplace culture
RN nurse Coordinator/Leader (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 27, 2018
I just love my role at ORMC being a Nurse Leader..my co-workers are fun to be with, compliant enough in implementing policies to mee the vision and mission of HCA.Management is not perfect but I understand they are doing what is necessary to run the business.
Pros
teamwork is fair
Cons
limitations on overtimes
Very busy place
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 25, 2018
I enjoy working at Osceola Regional my coworkers were like family and very helpful.How to more compasion. It was nice, a lot of different cultures. A lot of work short staff. Co workers
all about the number
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 28, 2018
You can't be productive when all the employer care about is making money. They are cutting people's jobs due to budget but somehow manage to have money to build more facilities.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Administration/Corporate dont care
Unorganized Environment
DIET CLERK (Former Employee) –  Kissimee, FlAugust 13, 2018
The employers set work environment without any understanding with how it affects employees, which results in poor patient care. It is a flow of stress. The doctors stress the nurse, who stresses the CNA, food staff, housekeeping, and other, causing an imbalance and environment of stress. Providing a stress free environment to employees can allow for them to care for their patients.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A lot to do with so little time. Stressful.
computerization is a plus
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 26, 2018
The technology used was flexible, however an unexperienced pharmacist could create a huge error easily. The hospitals use of technology was extensive, The integrated MAR and communication system allowed for task completion and easy communication. It was possible for a pharmacist to call or text most physicians quickly and receive responses with in minutes. I have to say I enjoyed all of my time at Osceola Reginal Medical Center. I spent most of my day fixing orders that were identified as having a problem. This was the enjoyable part of the job for me. I feel a real sense of accomplishment when I solve a problem. The computer system had very few intuitive commands, however hitting certain keys would produce a list of options. I have extensive experience as a hospital pharmacist, however this was my first experience in a trauma center. I did learn a lot about trauma patient care. The pharmacy culture was standard. I did attempt occasionally .to improve culture with positive comments.
Pros
The integrated computer system
Cons
The pharmacy system software itself.
Very Poor Management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 18, 2018
Directors and the next person in the chain of command are inconsistent with training and employees. Management does not seem to have a clear understanding of their responsibilities, and therefore cannot manage their employees productively. Corporate does not pay attention to employee, doctor, or patient complaints about departments or try to improve them.

Several departments are a mess and machines are outdated. All of HCA's money goes to improving the looks of profitable, "sexy" units like NTEL and Cardiac tower.

There is a Union, which harasses you nonstop to join. I should have, because management does not help with issues at all, but discourage you to go to HR.

I loved working with patients 90% of the other nurses and techs at the hospital. The other 10% were relentlessly hostile, however, and that is ultimately what made me resign.
Pros
Break rooms, cheap lunch, decent benefits and pay, differential pay, fairly small for a trauma center
Cons
poor training, management, short breaks, systems always down, equipment, no advancement, gross employee bathrooms
Productive and fast pace work place
Food and Nutritional Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 23, 2018
Everybody is very respectful and curtious. I like that it is fast paced environment It’s a great company to be part of. Job could be stressful. The management sucks. There’s no communication, they only notice you when you messed up. Favoritism is so big in this department. They won’t admit it or try to hid it to their best abilities but you’ll still know.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
The start of my nursing career
Nursing Student Internship to RN (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 19, 2018
Fast paced demanding environment, which makes the work day go by very fast. The time I was here, was the start of my career as a nurse. I learned many things working here.
Pros
incentives
Cons
lack of staff
Exciting place to learn and grow
Clinical Coordinator PICU/Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 6, 2018
Level 2 Trauma Center and Comprehensive Stroke Center make the cases at ORMC very exciting
Great place to learn everything you need to be a great nurse
Pros
great crew
Cons
short breaks, could be stressful
organized
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 26, 2018
Voluteering in Osceola Regional was fun and all the schedules were so flexible. The only reason why i left was because school hours and i was no transportation
Fun Place to work
Behavioral Health Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 26, 2018
Lots of chnage. You have to be flexible. Chance for improvement. great scheduling. Shared Governance. Great for grads. Tution assistance. Flexible. Diverse and Inclusive
Pros
Great People
Cons
Salary not competetive
I did not work for Osceola Medical
Chief Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 9, 2018
I was contracted by a company that worked at Osceola Medical. I did not work directly for and was not employed by the hospital. I worked in the ER among doctors, nurses, PAs, NPs and support staff.
Difficult to embrace the nursing model and execute adequate patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 28, 2018
The emergency department at Osceola Regional Medical Center is operated in a manner that makes it difficult to embrace the nursing model and execute adequate patient care.
Pros
Staff relationships and teamwork
The work place was tolerable
Patients Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 14, 2018
Osceola gave me the opportunity to develop my leadership skills. I got to really experience how very little goes along way. It was at Osceola that I fell in love with Servitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Osceola Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Osceola Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location