Directors and the next person in the chain of command are inconsistent with training and employees. Management does not seem to have a clear understanding of their responsibilities, and therefore cannot manage their employees productively. Corporate does not pay attention to employee, doctor, or patient complaints about departments or try to improve them.
Several departments are a mess and machines are outdated. All of HCA's money goes to improving the looks of profitable, "sexy" units like NTEL and Cardiac tower.
There is a Union, which harasses you nonstop to join. I should have, because management does not help with issues at all, but discourage you to go to HR.
I loved working with patients 90% of the other nurses and techs at the hospital. The other 10% were relentlessly hostile, however, and that is ultimately what made me resign.
Break rooms, cheap lunch, decent benefits and pay, differential pay, fairly small for a trauma center
poor training, management, short breaks, systems always down, equipment, no advancement, gross employee bathrooms