OSF HealthCare Employee Reviews

Employees not treated as mission states
Director (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 25, 2018
The way OSF treats employees in certain departments is not inline with the mission. OSF is a very closed minded environment that is trying to be innovative. Work days are very full. I learned alot about communication, change management, and current trends in healthcare. The hardest part was the lack of integration into the department as a new employee and how backwards they are as an organization in some ways compared to other organizations in the United States like with onboarding, training. There was no mentoring and people don't do very much to welcome you nor does the leadership make an effort to integrate you. There are some kind and wonderful people there however, there are some serious weaknesses with the lack of support for new employees. This is the case in many areas throughout the organization like HR and Performance Improvement. The performance improvement department is catty, closed minded and promotes a culture of favoritism. The current environment is chaotic, unorganized and not transparent. That starts at the top and has become a culture that is not a positive one. If you have an opinion, are a strong intelligent personality or are from outside the organization or Peoria area, you will not be supported.
Pros
new building designs, some great people, profit earning, lunch at work
Cons
unorganized, gossipy-y, small town, mediocre
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Management is changing but it is a good stable place to work. The hours are good and there is opportunity to further your education. The pace is not stressful.
Benefits
Cons
changing management
Poor Management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Poor Management that existed prior to OSF take over. Loss of benefits, higher insurance costs, less reimbursement, impossible work schedule. Manager attempts to divide staff with petty gossip and dishonesty. There were a lot of promises by OSF upper management to invest in “mission partners” satisfaction that simply never happened. Bait and switch for sure
Pros
Wage
Cons
Poor Management
This job stole my SOUL!
Not a nurse (Former Employee) –  Central City, ILSeptember 14, 2018
First 4 years were great-unfortunately, things changed. If you aren't a doctor or BSN, find a different place to work! The pay and benefits are absolutely amazing but in the end, it wasn't worth it. Huge mistake for the sisters to take such a passive role and let business people run this once great company into the ground, reputation wise. After working for them, I even hesitate to go there now as a patient. All they care about is money, unfortunately. Very sad.
Pros
Pay, excellent benefits. I was proud to say I worked for them. Wonderful mission.
Cons
In the end, all they care about is MONEY, not people. Back stabbing co-workers and managers.
Warm environment within each department
IT Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 6, 2018
Each department holds pot lucks and events - all are very friendly and departments work well together.

Management is like management anywhere - some are wonderful and some are not as great. On a whole I would say that OSF has fantastic managers in a multitude of departments.
Pros
discounts around town
Cons
political
Good place to work.
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 29, 2018
OSF Healthcare is a good place to work. Their IT department is mainly focused on their Electronic Medical system. Worked for an excellent manager while there.
Management has no idea how to manage.
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 27, 2018
Appears management wants there employees to be against one another. Special deals for special people if your part of the clic. You are better off not saying anything in rounding meetings because some how some time it will be used against you. They think everything is rosy when in fact it is emotionally draining trying to deal with the lousy way your treated. And don't tick off one of the elite members of the team , or management will make your life miserable with the work schedule.
Pros
It was a beginning job
Cons
Management, supervision, Hr
Laid Back
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILAugust 25, 2018
My job as a housekeeper is pretty laid back. My second shift boss is very understanding. The benefits are good but I don't make enough money to purchase them (medical, specifically). The PTO is really good. If the pay was better it would be ideal, but they do pay competitive wages in comparison to other hospitals in the area.
Great place to work!
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 16, 2018
OSF genuinely cares about their employees as they do their patients and provides competitive wages, benefits, and opportunities for advancement and training.
excellent place to work
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 14, 2018
I worked as a PT in outpatient for 6 years. I had the best manager and director I could ever ask for. I also had the best therapists to work alongside with. very supportive work environment and very patient first. The hardest decision I have had to make was to leave due to re-locating out of state.
Pros
excellent work environment, management, therapy team, and very patient centered
Cons
Cut throat hostile work atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 10, 2018
Headline says it. The hospital is run under the fear of harassement, bullying, and lying by supervision and management. If your buddy buddy with management and supervision you got it made, I never had any desire to go out drinking with the boss. By the way that's breaking a compliance rule, so im sure if I Had gone I would have been fired even though it was the supervisor asking.

OSF is a poor place to work, if anything get your wings wet and then find a real job. Never been in a place that supervision wants to make work difficult by constant harrassement of all employees.
Pros
Maybe a place to start a job if nothing else is available, think id work at walmart first.
Cons
Almost everything. Management, supervision, back stabbing co-workers.
Everyone is running scared.
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 9, 2018
Management is horrible, only looking at the bottom line. This pushes the supervision to be super critical. You can be the best at your job, but if you are not liked by a supervisor or one of the supervisors pets your screwed. Supervision willfully asks for dirt on other employees to be used to put them down or out the door. The dirt usually isn't true, but why not lie if you can get on the good side of the boss.
Most of management and supervision doesn't even follow the hospitals rules, they are above everyone else.
In no way do I recommend taking a job here, unless you are starving and down and out.
Pros
Was a place for me to train and then get out the door with experince.
Cons
Management, supervision, attitudes, back stabbers, liars.
Management and supervision need training.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 9, 2018
Management, supervision, and HR have no idea of what there doing. The idea of making up bogus reasons to fire people. If you look at a supervisor wrong you can be put on notice. Well with the lousy supervision they have, its no wonder they get looked at cross eyed. And what ever you do don't talk about compliance with supervision since they break the rules themselves. Seems they enjoy keeping employees mad at each other, so the air is always full of tension. They always talk about it being a efficient work together atmosphere. Hard to do when supervision promotes employees to report on each other, and actually ask employees in the monthly sit down, what gossip you got on anyone. All im telling you is stay away.
Pros
it was a pay check for awhile
Cons
Management, supervison and HR.
they need to have a more balanced work life balance
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILAugust 6, 2018
OSF home care is a very demanding job. Osf does take care of their patients. And will help them find funds when things are tight. OSF is ran by the Catholic church.
Ok place to work
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 6, 2018
* When I started there, I worked nights and had a good boss.
* I eventually transferred to a day-time position on a different unit, LOVED my boss there.
* Once my boss retired, about 7 years later, the new boss was less than desirable by me and most of my co-workers.
* I was at OSF for nearly 10 years and for most of that time... I loved working there.
* The new boss on the unit really ruined it for me.
* At the time, this was the lowest paying hospital of 3 in the area.
* We moved out of town and I left the job.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Lack of ability to report issues easily, salary
Great place to work all around.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 3, 2018
Great upbeat work environment. Everyone pitched in to help if short handed. The benefits were phenomenal. Gave all employees a chance at a better life in general.
Pros
Great healthcare.
Cons
Can't think of any.
The work culture is cut throat because thats what management wants.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 3, 2018
OSF is a very poorly managed company. Instead of helping employees thru difficult times, they find ways to get rid of employees who don't kiss up to management. Don't get sick here and cost them an expensive insurance bill, you will be gone. HR promotes supervisors being unfair and politically incorrect. But this could be because many in management don't follow the compliance rules of OSF. Hard to not to stand behind a supervisor when your best friends. I am glad I left OSF for a lower paying job, because now I am treated fairly, kindly, and feel I am appreciated.
Pros
Hard to say all the good things were overwelmed by the poor supervision and management.
Cons
Management, supervision, Hr.
Could improve, but I've worked worse jobs
Certified Medical Assistant/Registration (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 1, 2018
Allows bullies to continue working, rather than correcting their behaviour ir terminating them because staffing levels are often low. They take alot of time putting in meetings trying to imorove how people feel about working there, yet don't actually take the time to imorove the actual working experience. However, my work was valued, and though I could have been treated better, I was not compkeyely dissatisfied with my treatment on the whole.
Pros
Travel pay, pto, retirement plan
Cons
Bullies are not reprimanded
Loved being in a faith based environment, ridiculously expensive and less than average benefits
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 1, 2018
I worked for two prior hospitals in another area of the state. The medical benefits at both places were fantastic compared to OSF. I paid $280 per month for myself and my spouse. That included medical, dental, vision and life. There was an incentive program that also helped reduce the cost of premiums. There were absolutely zero co-pays for anything, ever. I had prescription drug benefits also with zero co-pay.

Signed up for OSF benefits. Medical, dental, vision and life will cost me $440 per month. However, there is a $20 co-pay for anything and everything. Need to visit the emergency room or go by ambulance, that'll be an extra $170 please. Need a script picked up that out of pocket cash would cost you $15, still gonna cost you a $12 co-pay. Any generic will be a $12 co-pay, even if the cash cost is only $6, if you don't ask for the cash price, you have to pay $12 co-pay. If it is a special med with no generic the co-pay goes up to $45 or more.

I cannot believe all the other reviews talking about the great benefits. So not true.
Pros
Able to express faith freely
Cons
Benefits are ridiculously expensive and below average
Poor management skills are abundant at OSF
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 31, 2018
Management at OSF looks to put most employees down, I guess its control. If your in the clic you have it made. Never worked in a place that management asked employees to tell them gossip about other employees. Of coarse you get a gold star when you do, so why not lie about it. Place is down right hostile work environment. Sad part is management could fix the problem but they thrive on putting people down. And of coarse they want everyone to be happy and enjoy there job. How is this possible when you can feel the knife twisting in your back, and then have management twist it a little bit farther.
Pros
Felt good to leve work every day
Cons
Management, poor attitudes, back stabbing, have to be in the clic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSF HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight