OSF HealthCare Employee Reviews

lpn
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 13, 2018
Lpn's are not considered nurses. you are treated 2nd class. The management in Peoria is either overwhelmed or doesnt care. Zero and I mean zero respect for LPNs. low pay. huge mistake.
Pros
schedule
Cons
everything else
The turnover there is horrible...They cannot keep staff due to fear of losing your job
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 10, 2018
The management is horrible. They were always putting someone on a disciplinary level or threatening to for ridiculous things..I feel like this hospital wants to get rid of people who have been there any length of time so they can hire new people for less money....They don't care about the employees who have the knowledge and experience..Patient safety issues but it is always about the money!
Pros
pay
Cons
rarely a break..always feeling like you had to look over your shoulder..could not trust anyone
Horrible management, nothing but a click environment! Main manager leads the two faced back stabbing talk.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 2, 2018
I would run the other way vs ever thinking about working here. Main manager is the ring leader in back stabbing belittling and picking on you. If your not kissing managements rear you won't make it here! Always switching hours and last minute schedule changes, say you have all these vacation days but force you to take them for holidays and when doctor schedule is low. Allow employees to get away with looking into private charts which they should never have been in and no action taken. Pay is half what surrounding areas make for same job
Cons
Everything about the place
Official response from OSF HealthCare
January 9, 2018

We appreciate your feedback! As always, OSF wants to serve with the greatest care and love so we want to provide a number for you to call as we take these comments very seriously. Please call 309-308-4700.

Management is terrible
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 20, 2017
I loved my job however management ruined it for me. There is no work/life balance as they say there is. They don't care about the employee. All that they care about are the numbers. Turnover is terrible because they run good employees off. Management is a click group and does not work with other employees on any issues especially non clinical. It is all about the clinical staff. The clinical staff wouldn't be able to function without the non clinical staff.
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
Management ruins moral.
Productivity
Sr Share PointAdmin (Current Employee) –  CIncanii OHDecember 18, 2017
ines all the elements of your business. It's designed to give readers, such as investors, a quick and easy understanding of your business, goals, and how your business stands out in the market. It covers concepts such as the nature of your business and the factors that you feel will make your business successful and consequently, profitable.
The most horrible experience of my life
Patient Access Associate (Medical Office Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 11, 2017
my supervisor and manager left a lot to be desired. I needed help and was not given the same help and advantages the two people that were hired with me were given.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Uncaring and not willing to work with you management staff
The patients and providers make the job fun
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILDecember 5, 2017
This opportunity was great but with new management there arose new struggles. The providers and patient were great. The office staff environment was stressful because of the cliques. There was bullying but no one in management would do anything about it. The most enjoyable part was watching the patient smile and being able to serve the patient and provider in the best way possible. I was able to pray with patients and build a strong rapport with them as well as the providers.
Stressful environment, because of the nature of the job, but good team to work with.
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 2, 2017
I worked in a neurological office, so all the patient were always on edge which made it stressful. There was tons of work to get done by only a few of us, but we all supported each other and worked as a team.
Job
Payment Poster (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 28, 2017
OSF is a great place to work. They just don't pay good enough for all the work that you do. I would definitely recommend others to work here. There are nice people there and a nice environment to work at.
It's ok for starting out
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 23, 2017
The best part are my co workers. Since I work at a call center, communication from management isn't the greatest. I would like to advance to a higher position with more responsibilities and challenges.
Pros
Co-workers, pto
Cons
Pay, communication
Fun place to work
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 22, 2017
...except when a person is bleeding out or a baby needs blood drawn for 20 different tests.

Good cafeteria

Managers have been nice people, but a little frazzled.
Cons
uns
N/a
Epic Credentialed Revenue Cycle Trainer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 18, 2017
OSF is a great company to work for. I learned a great deal each and every day. Working with the different mission partners, different departments--it was never a dull moment. I loved what I did within OSF - Train the new MP's how to use Epic for their job role.
Poor morale and management
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILOctober 15, 2017
I worked as a Front Office Assistant and the training was done online which was not an easy task. My hours were supposed to be 3 days per week however I was scheduled 4 days and was not informed I would be doing that. I feel ithey were just too busy to help a new person with the training etc. Management was very poor also. I only lasted 3 weeks!
Pros
The sisters mission and benefits
Cons
Poor training and management
Poor management and rude staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Midwest RegionOctober 7, 2017
Staff rude behind your back and nice to your face. Will turn you in for small things because that’s not how they do it. The patients were the fun part. The staff was already in their groups of certain people and they judged you when you started working. Poor management that participates in backstabbing and job ground un steady.
Pros
Dealing with the variety of patients
Cons
Dealing with the variety of patients, your only allowed 5 mins to get them roomed
Osf
Echosonographer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Typical is very busy but interacting with the patients is enjoyable in the things you can learn from them. Everyone has their own opinions regarding management. The culture is that you are expected to be there on time, work together with your co-workers to accomplish the sisters goals and take care of out patients, serving with the greatest care and love.
Stressful, depressing
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Peoria IllinoisSeptember 7, 2017
Management is very unprofessional. They micro manage to the point of harassment to their employees. It's said when you hate going into work but you have to provide for your family.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very stressful
A good place to start
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Unless you're a clinician, there's very little room for advancement. Schedulers worked 10 hour days. Working Four 10s was nice because I got to have a longer weekend.
Very fun co-workers
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 11, 2017
Great place to work for m, just need more management that care. OSF has grown very quickly and major changes have been made and more to come. There training needs better and more advancement.
Acute care setting
Rehab tech, CNA, and PTA (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 9, 2017
Very big hospital in the area. It is the number one trauma center. The largest employer in the area. Most employees are team players but very political atmosphere. They are, however caring to the patients but staff is made to feel like second class citizens. For the pay and benefits would recommend but if you are looking for a place that respects your work, this is not the place.
Pros
Caring, compassionate to the patients
Cons
low pay and a lot of work
Organization does not follow mission statement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 3, 2017
This organization does not follow it's "serving with the greatest care and love" mission statement to their employees. Upper management have no idea what it is like to be a staff nurse at this time.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance, constant phone calls to see if you will work extra.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSF HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9