OSF HealthCare
63Average

OSF HealthCare Employee Reviews

United States418 reviews
Good Experience
It was a great experience working here. The emergency room is a level 1 trauma center, which exposes the employees to many different types of situations.
Leadership is amazing
I had one of the best managers. She was a great mentor. The OSF culture was apparent in everything you did. Loved the team events. Very motivating. Very friendly place to work.
Great mission
Management struggles to execute in a changing environment. Many stops and restarts could be avoided with better analysis and planning instead of ready fire aim.
Catholic Healthcare
I had a great work family, but hospital leadership was not aggressive enough in making connections with the local physician groups causing them to resign from the hospital. A mass exodus of physicians combined with the COVID pandemic caused us to lose too much revenue.
Insufficient PPE for employees, incompetent supervisors, Christian-friendly but not so much for other faiths
We are directed to conserve PPE masks even when we are treating patients with symptoms of the flu, giving us the impression that our health is not as valued as our patients. These masks probably cost 2 cents each and yet, apparently, we are not worth that amount. Wow.

My supervisor has demonstrated a lack of self-awareness that results in playing favorites, overlooking simple discipline issues and engaging in power struggles. Energy is therefore misspent and disproportionate, an unfortunately bad example of "can't see the forest for the trees". This is an unfortunately good example of why everyone is not well-equipped to supervise.

During annual Mission Integration seminars, employees are guided to reflect on how their faith supports the values of the institution. This is great if you are a Christian. If you are Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, atheist or agnostic and/or utilize spiritual supports that are not explicitly Christian, you are left to wonder "Do they realize what a missed opportunity this is?" What would it look like if they asked for the Muslim understanding of "Serve first" or "Be one" -- cultural beliefs that they profess to implement universally. There is room for a more culturally humble and inclusive approach. Good intentions toward inclusivity are not enough when you invoke human spirituality -- OSF could leverage the many differences among the workforce to enrich the workplace. Sadly, the decision-makers are not there yet.

As for ensuring a diverse, representative workforce that serves the population with cultural competency, OSF falls far short
 - more...
Pros
heavy focus on spirituality in the workplace, which is helpful if you are a Christian
Cons
not enough PPE, gloves, hand sanitizer, poor supervisor training, and the culture alienates those who do not practice Christianity
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
the benefits are the best in the city - couldn't ask for better only draw-back there were many employees hired just before me or at the same time with many years less experience many just starting out as CNA but just because the were in the nursing program - they were making much more an hour than I was - with over 10 years experience .
somewhat fun
somewhat fun place. However, management was terrible. very very boring job. you would do the same things every day. Nothing new every happend. And management would never ever say thank you and do anything for you as their employee
Good management, drama
Drama in most of the departments
They have good management

Pay is decent compared to the area

Good work/life balance

Insurance is not very good at this facility
Great Place to Work
I would highly recommend OSF HealthCare! It has a great culture and management who is involved. The hardest part is the job is tied into patient care and the number of patients who walk through the door.
Job based on productivity
This position expects you to meet high productivity based on note types. And, the numbers changed twice within six months. It went from 30 to 60-75 per day. Sad to say that OSF is all about quantity and not quality care. If you don’t meet their expectations, you will first get a verbal warning then go on a level one if not met. And, it doesn’t matter if you have a legitimate reason why not met.
Excellent Catholic Culture
Enjoy working for a company that puts patients and ministry partners first. Also able to apply specific skills to job duties and performance measures. Excellent company.
What you learned
Unfortunately Peoria Illinois is a dying town and when CAT leaves the jobs will go with them. Benefits are pretty good but no chance for advancement at OSF
Good work environment, good benefits
It is a good place to work, had great benefits. They encourage higher education and make it easy to transition into new positions. Most mission partners are very friendly and very helpful
Terrible manager
Worked at Cardiovascular Institute and absolutely hated it due to the manager wanting you to do everything under the sun without extra help, short staffed ALWAYS! If you were not a RN or
physician you were nothing, your opinion did not matter, employee opinion surveys are a joke, the manager does whatever she wants and who cares what you think. Forget about complaints to HR because they all stick together. I'm not exaggerating either, work there and you will be so stressed out, you will run for sanity.
Pros
Cons
Manager
I am proud to be a mission partner
This company is all that it says that it is. I LOVE working for them. I want to stay here for a VERY long time. I love being able to work with my patients and not be told how to do it. OSF truly trusts your clinical skills and judgement and lets you provide therapy to your patients and they don’t get in the way. They are VERY patient first and very ethical. They take their mission seriously. Everyday I feel empowered and blessed to be a mission partner!
Abslolutley a great job!
I loved working for OSF- staff is amazing. Everyone is so nice go in and treat everyone with the greastest compassion and care! The sisters are so careing.
Great Culture
Lots of training to prepare you for your position to help ensure success. Benefits: 401k, PTO accrual starts on first day, flex hours. I feel encouraged in my work daily.
Pros
Great training and management
Cons
Keeps staff that has no clue how to do their job.
OSF HealthCare is a great place to work no matter where you are in your career path. OSF offers a variety of opportunities for many different areas of professionalism. Pay is fair and I enjoy helping the sisters live their mission. Highly recommended.
Patient Access Supervisor
I truly enjoyed working at OSF! Lots of involvement with the community. Opportunity for growth was there but my family moved to Florida instead. Nothing in Florida even compares.
Unprofessionalism
Co-workers and management are very unprofessional. Many micromanagers who try to make you look bad. Unfair scheduling, short staffed, poor pay, pushed in many directions with the expectation to make no errors. Many OR staff and physicians are inconsiderate and unprofessional towards RNs. Very disappointing, could be a great place to work.
Loved osf
Mgt wasn’t always Encouraging and was always in high demand with under staffed doing too many things at once needed to be more organized needed to add a second shift
Pros
Family oriented Great benefits
Cons
I was working the job of three people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSF HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight