OSF HealthCare Employee Reviews

OSF Healthcare
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 10, 2018
Over all, my experience at OSF has been joyful. I have met many coworkers that I consider to be long time friends. While I feel OSF offers good work/life balance, I feel as if the management staff is strung out and struggles to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Good Healthcare System in Central IL
unk (Former Employee) –  peoria, ilJuly 9, 2018
One of the larger employers in Central IL. Good company but they are a little militant about the religious mission. Overall I liked it hear but they do not promote much from within. And very top heavy with leadership. Compensation fairly low in relation to other employers
nice place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 6, 2018
Is a high quality, mission-driven organization with plenty of resources to achieve success. The employees overall seem very pleasant. I would rate the organization and the majority of its people as high quality.
Talk the talk but dont walk the walk
CMA/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 20, 2018
Should bring the sisters back into the running of things. Maybe patients would get the care the need again and not just be about the money or the politics.
OSF has been a great employer.
Guest Service Concierge (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 13, 2018
OSF has been a great employer, the employees are friendly. They offer great benefits, like PTO, Sick pay, FMLA, medical, dental, vision, clean spacious environment to work in. The managers and CEO really listen and try make necessary changes as needed for better customer services and employee experience.
Pros
15% off lunches, Pto
Cons
short breaks
everyone hates eachother
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 1, 2018
Security refuse to hire black women for one. For two Housekeeping is treated like trash, like we dont mean anything. We are not important nurses treat us like we are slave and are scared to be by us it seems. if we were to cut housekeeping that place would go down hill. 1st and 2nd shift are always into it about carts and silly stuff..
Pros
overtime
Cons
what you are depends on how you are treated
Overall Good place to work
Integrated Network Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 30, 2018
I love the people I work with and would not change our team one bit. Everyone strives to work with each other and tackle projects when we are called upon.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
plenty of work
Productive and fun health care setting
Patient Financial Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILMay 26, 2018
We would field calls during the work day according to the precise area of billing responsibility.. Lunches were half hour but fun. Many good experiences learning the care of insurance billing given to customers.
Pros
Friendly health care family environment
Cons
I had to relocate with my husband
Love the Mission
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 26, 2018
I love working for an organization that directly supports my personal values and beliefs. It is so nice to be able to discuss personal faith, and to see others incorporating their personal faith and values into their daily work.
Patient care is what I was made to do!
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 22, 2018
A typical day at work would be starting clinic with my physician, seeing all the patients from beginning to end, providing the best patient care that I know how to give!
Pros
Great team
Cons
No room for advancement
Typical Day
Application System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 21, 2018
Attend a couple of meeting and have time to work on projects. Great organization to work for. Great coworkers who rally care about performing quality work.
Best Place to Work!
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 21, 2018
OSF believes in their employees and helps them achieve their career goals. OSF is innovative and forward-thinking healthcare organization that remains true to the core basics of care - patient care and safety as well as the care and safety they provide their employees (mission partners).
Pros
Teamwork, culture, management, career growth
Cons
Healthcare Market
Osf
MOA/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILMay 2, 2018
OSF as a whole is a pretty good place to work. Unfortunately PromptCare has undergone changes which are not for the better of the Department. We have lost 4 employees within a month.
The workload is inconsistent
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 1, 2018
Too inconsistent and too much stress. Management all over the place. No place to advance career. Project Teams within the matrix organization made it difficult to manage
Pros
Sisters Mission
Cons
IT does not follow the Sisters Mission
Management/leadership made the workplace impossible
Performance Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 25, 2018
In terms of benefits, OSF has amazing benefits. There is no denying that. However, I worked in Performance Improvement up until I quit to choose advancing my education. I requested to flex my hours so I could attend a class to get an advanced degree. This would not impact my work, and I rarely worked under 9 hours a day. Often with no time for lunch or breaks. Other individuals in my department were allowed this without question. However, my request was denied and I was asked, "Do you even want to work here". I had no "positive discipline" or any issues prior to asking for this request. After I asked is a different story. I was retaliated against, ignored by management, and treated as an outsider. The culture had promotes staff against staff retaliation. The rumor mill is insane, as everyone feels like they have to feed information to managers and leaders in order to be liked and protected. I have watched numerous people go through this during my year in the department. Honestly, it was so bad I really questioned working for an organization that promoted this behavior. I transferred from another department and did not see anything like PI treats their people. I ended up quitting, because the work place was unbearable. I loved the work, but the managers and leaders all have power trips and honestly appear to get joy out of disciplining people and threatening discipline.
Benefits
Cons
Managers/Leadership
Good place to start off
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 23, 2018
OSF is a decent place to work if you are perusing something in the healthcare field. OSF is very hard to get a interview and a second interview if you are just starting out.
Very negative and stressful
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 18, 2018
Terrible dept to work HIMS , management should have been better, very unprofessional.. Would not recommend this job, HIMS Dept very very terrible place to work
Management is very terrible.
pt logicists
patient Logicists (Former Employee) –  Peoria Illinois pApril 14, 2018
You can't trust the management of pt logicists. The lie about employees to make themselves look good. They don't care about the another floors concerns, just their concerns. You work for them for years building the department and they will stab you in the back if it is in their best interest. St Francis used to care about their employees but six years they quit caring at all. The only floor I completely trust is pediatrics.
Pros
caring about patients was what I worked there for.
Cons
almost no breaks and a management that didn't care about their employees at all.
Good place to work.
Entity CFO (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 9, 2018
OSF is a good place to work. Senior management tries to do what is best for the patient and employee. They are not always successful, but the effort is there. Good work environment.
Fast paced
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL 61615April 7, 2018
The company believes that you treat the patient with the utmost care and love. Patients come first. The work is high volume and very fast paced. You are on the phones from the time your shift starts til it ends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSF HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight