Osher Marin Jewish Community Center Employee Reviews

2.5Job Security & Advancement
I was allowed to use facility to work out
Payroll/Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2019
I was able to work out in the gym everyday as part of my employment benefits. Enjoyed working with the other employees. Was able to work very independently.
Pros
exercise classes and gym eqiment
Cons
travel tp work was to far
Great transitional job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Health and fitness centerMay 6, 2018
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center is an excellent place to work. The typical feel of this job is a "laid back family." The jobs range from relaxed to highly stressful (depending on how your manager handles their department). Stay out of the drama and you will be fine with your co workers.

Upper Management has unrealistic expectations for many departments and their lower managers.

The pay is not enough to survive on in the long run if you live alone. That being said, it is a great transitional job for high schoolers and college kids.
Pros
Benefits for full timers include time off, stock options, health insurance, dental insurance
Cons
Upper management more likely to back the members regardless of safety. Low pay.
Some departments are amazing, but others are not
H&F (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAOctober 17, 2017
Some departments are amazing, but others are not. I love the people and supervisor I work with directly, but feel there is not great upper management.
Good People
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CA 94903May 28, 2017
Fine place to work. If you choose, you really become part of an outstanding community of Marin residents and employees. Warm and inviting, appropriate place for patient and sociable potential employees.
Family atmosphere; truly felt at home!
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 28, 2017
What a wonderful time I had working here. The employees, management, and members created such an inclusive community.

Fun, casual, and relaxed atmosphere.
teaching lessons
swimming instructor, lifeguard (Current Employee) –  CAOctober 8, 2015
I teach most of my private and group lessons in the 90 degrees in door pool. The water is warm and salty. I enjoy the staff and the members. I like working with all ages so my day is different everyday.
Pros
warm water indoor pool, great teaching staff
Cons
the hourly rate for group lessons is too low, no union positions or ways to advance in my field
Beautiful building
Admin (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMarch 17, 2015
Professional, hard working staff with a generous community spirit. Leadership is inconsistent. Many long term employees but high turn over nonetheless. Unrealistic expectations of involvement beyond working hours.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
poor benefits, no 401K