Oshkosh Corporation Employee Reviews

great people... but ...
Sr Project Engineer for New Product Development (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNSeptember 19, 2018
I worked with great people, who where limited in their ability to make good decisions by corporate overseers. the local HR at McNeilus was a complete joke. They were puppets of corporate and could/would not make any decision on their own.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
self-serving managers
A great place to intern
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 18, 2018
Oshkosh Corporation gave me the opportunity to intern for two years, under the Director of Communications. Under his leadership and mentorship, I learned that details matter. I learned how to effectively communicate to audiences small and large, and I am thankful for the time he spent, and the company spent, invested in my personal growth.
It was great
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PASeptember 5, 2018
It was a good place to work it had its perks just sucks to work weekends and saturdays good placement great people good environment easy work free lunches
Production Welder
Production Welder (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 31, 2018
Very quick pace. All PPE was provided. There are many perks to working there. You have a specific time frame to complete your task. I would weld there again.
It's not who you know but who you blow
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 30, 2018
They treat the union employees as Expendables if they get injured at work they deny the injury and say it happened outside of work or was a pre-existing condition. They treat the coordinators as pawns don't plan on having a good work life here.
Pros
Union employees
Cons
Backstabbing co workera
Ok
Sr welder (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNAugust 22, 2018
A lot of overtime it was good pay not much advancement cutthroat people lots and lots of overtime it was getting too long of a drive after all them years
Cons
8 min break but they gave you a minute to get there in a minute to get back
Excellent company
Senior Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 21, 2018
Very challenging work, but leadership is very strong and driven. Employee fist attitude, making improvements and engagement projects consistently throughout the year.
Pros
great leadership, highly effective, excellent product and support
Cons
attendance tracking is strict and unforgiving
Good pay. Not a good environment.
Bill of Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 16, 2018
The pay was good but without a Bachelor's degree you can't advance your career.

My department was rather toxic with a new, unexperienced manager every two years.
Competitive job that focuses on workers
Drafter Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 16, 2018
Oshkosh Corporation is a rapidly growing company that has numerous projects on their hand. They will always accommodate your skills to fit a job for you. Their executive team always makes sure that their workers are their number one priority. Would definitely recommend applying to any of their many divisions.
Pros
Great benefits, employee-focused
Cons
Fast-paced, competitive market
Principal Engineer/Proposal Engineer/Proj Mngr (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 11, 2018
typical hours for my position 7 AM - 5 or 6 PM Monday through Friday. No work required on weekends unless a critical project needs extra attention.

Work place environment is comfortable
Relaxed workplace were everyone is willing to help you
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 9, 2018
I usually worked 8.5-9 hours a day where I set my hours. I came into work on my current project and had clear direction on how to complete them. Manager was hands-off and let me do my work but gave me input when I asked for help. He was there to assist me rather than hold my hand the whole way through. There are many ways to further education and knowledge in the company. Many opportunities to work with different segements
meh
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 6, 2018
good money
management and jobs suck
your treated like a number and not a person
they are not flexible in any way
they make you take you vacation during shutdowns
Pros
money
Cons
not valued
Unorganized
employee (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 4, 2018
Very unorganized company from the top to the bottom. Changes are constantly being made causing confusion of builds while the job is in production all the way through the line. Because of their un organization they end up giving things away left and right just to try and make things right at the end which never happens. They talk about quality but everything is a rush just so they can show jobs shipping for the month. Employees aren't held accountable for their actions. Several employees make the same costly mistakes over and over and seem to constantly skate on by. The company does have some good things going for it but until they wake up and realize how much money they are actually wasting it will probably be too late and they will be out of business.
Pros
recognition program
Cons
very unorganized
Terrible, would not reccomend
Welder (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, PAAugust 3, 2018
Loved the first month or two of working here, until I switched to offshift. Management is very poor, lack I communication. Work 7 days a week constantly and lied to about weekends being mandatory. 10/10 would not reccomend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
7 days a week, mangement, lack of communication, buildings are in very poor shape, safety is talked about but not a main concern of the company
Very friendly place to work
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 1, 2018
Great professionals that are willing to do their best everyday. Great attitude is a must on daily bases. Colleagues are always willing to collaborate year round.
amazing company
Admin (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 23, 2018
best place to work hands down. if you are looking for a job and this is one that offers you a job take it take it and don't let it go you will love it there.
Promote within job advancement. Yearly raises and bonuses compan events
Senior Cust Ser (Former Employee) –  Garner, IAJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work. Large pay increases. Option for over time. Clean, well known around the whole. Been in business more than fifty years puts money into keeping everything great looking.
Pros
Helps pay for education, health center memberships
Cons
Some coworkers
fun and productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WIJuly 20, 2018
i had a good time working for this company and really enjoyed my time that i was employed there. It was a very friendly enviornment to work in and everyone there was very helpfull.
Enjoyed working in the Heavy duty truck industry
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
The shop was busy, fast pace. Enjoyed learning the Heavy duty truck industry. a lot of computer work, data entry, flow charts and ordering parts. Work with large corporation and city's fleet departments, scheduling repairs and calling with estimates.
Pros
Learning a new part of the automotive industry
Cons
Mangement
Fast Paced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 19, 2018
Osh Kosh allowed you to be a leader. They allowed you to make your own decisions on what would make the business better. There was no micromanagement. Everyone knew their job and did it well.
Pros
Autonomous Environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oshkosh Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight