OSI Group Employee Reviews

great internship program
Treasury Intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 21, 2019
HR will assign interns with different assignments to perform, will be an evaluation at the end of the internship and presentation in their headquarter, great employee to working with!
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
bad traffic
Worst job with poor leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 24, 2019
This place is full of violations from labor laws and OSHA regulations . Plant Manager is weak and is not involved at all with what happens on the production floor , he does not care about compliance and spends his time gossiping and talking about people .
Find a better leader

Corporate HR is weak and knows about all the violations but does nothing about it.
This is why everyone is quitting. Look at your turnover in all your OSI facilities .
Pros
Nice people on the production floor
Cons
Horrible leadership
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 22, 2019
It was a very nice place to work for the management was great and made you feel in a comfortable environment, the work load was very busy but everyone worked together to make sure work load got done in a timely manner. The company provided lunch everyday which was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cleaning machine parts
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2019
Beginning of look chemical and utensil to start my shift. Make sure all parts where properly washed thru out the shift. Dry clean all pip8ng lines before next shift
Average Job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2018
This job was an ok job. I am looking for a career and this is not what I would consider a career job. The pay was nice especially with the bonuses. The staff was fair.
The job itself is enjoyable. Politics got to me.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, IADecember 15, 2018
Great job for an entry level mechanic. I dont feel experience is really compensated for. The pay is slightly less than average and if they can get away with paying an experienced mechanic an entry level pay, they will.
Pros
Vacation time as soon as hire, good health benefits, flexible with allowing time off for family events.
Cons
A lot of departments run seven days a week.
Muy buen ambiente laboral
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Oakland, IADecember 14, 2018
Las personas muy amables y te enseñan a trabajar en todas las áreas.
Pros
Aseguransa
Cons
Pagan lo mismo en todas las areas
Horrible place to work but if you possess the (must) you will make it
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chicago-Ashland locationDecember 6, 2018
It was the most horrible experience in my career, new plant manager has no integrity along with operations/ leadership team. If an employee speaks up they retaliate against every employee including their HR manager who quit in just 5months. Retaliation is their expertise. They have so many violations including a union that might not be legit. Ops managers are horrible they treat employees like slaves working 20 consecutive days 12 hours. In order to fit in the Ashland CULTURE you MUST not have integrity, MUST be able to lie on a day to day basis, sabotage your peer's talent, violate labor laws like ODRISA, and OSHA MUST love to expose employees to hazardous chemicals and work conditions. MUST obey the union and MUST agree to not follow the CBA. MUST make up lies, MUST plot against others within the leadership, MUST be able and promote a TOXIC environment.
Pros
Plant employees very humble and honest
Cons
Toxic leadership
Avoid this company
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 19, 2018
I worked here for several years. The big policy change this year was the men got to stop wearing a tie everyday. Come on it's 2018 not 1970. They like to push the free lunch. How about you keep the lunch, the food is not that good anyway and kick up salaries a bit. Or better yet how about a computer that actually works or a cleaning company that cleans the bathrooms. They keep hiring more and more Human Resource people but the policies are so far behind. If you are considered a "hourly" office employee you will never see work from home or any type of flex time or summer hours. People are leaving at the rate of 2-3 per month. Management says they are leaving because they are "bored". No they are leaving for companies with modern policies. Also, if you need HR good luck. They sit behind a locked door that you can't even get in the department. Your supervisor turns on you like a shark and you can't even have a conversation with HR about it.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Salary, work/life balance, management
It's really not a bad place to work
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTOctober 7, 2018
I start work at 6 am , do my rounds. fix what needs to be fixed.
I learned more about electrical components.
My department management is very helpful and willing to train .
My co-workers help you out when needed and they also ask for my help if needed.
The hardest part of the job is getting up at 4 am . ( i hate alarm clocks )
I won't lie to you , the best part of the job is going home. ( just like any other job )
Some days it can get very busy
Summary...I like working there , they don't micro manage , they work with you to solve problems. they are a fun group of people.
Pros
Not micro managing, helping to solve problems
Cons
( for me ) starting at 6 am
stressful environment
Customer Service /Collection (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 4, 2018
it was an ok company to work for. it was a job. At times it was stressful and trying. . The job was customer service and collection.
I am not type of person for collection.
Pros
it was a pay check
Cons
collections
Fun place
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fork, SCSeptember 4, 2018
Good job to start with of u have family
..if u fell like starting to work I will recommend this job I did love it but there so mean to people . I donk like that
Pros
Notthing
Cons
Short breaks
Run Forest Run!!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 16, 2018
From the top down at corporate - the place is full of folks content to be locked in with the 1980’s

This ripple effect of folks coasting and near retirement is felt all the way down to the line worker

Not very dynamic players at the top running the place.
Pros
Paid weekly for hourly - monthly for salaried person
Cons
Poor culture lack of interest in compassion for hourly worker
Terrible place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2018
Terrible place to work the Hispanic lady's from first and second shift would always talk bad about me, never stopped even when I was good at my job management and HR did nothing to help me or give me a different shift , managers treat you with no respect basically force you to work up to 14 hour shifts
Pros
Cons
Get Harassed and forced to work overtime
Hostile
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2018
BEWARE! No loyalty and extremely cheap! Incompetent engineering teams destroy more than they deploy assets. Lack of respect and accountability from the top down.
Pros
Plant people are friendly
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Hostile Corporate People, Lack of technological advancements
Poor work inviorment and very high turnover rate
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 10, 2018
The Osi facility I worked at had very low employee moral which the Director saw as a positive approach. He felt strongly that departments should be at odds instead of working together
Pros
Area we lived
Hidden Gem
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 27, 2018
OSI is the place you've never heard of, but wish that you had. This gem of a plant in West Jordan quietly goes about getting its job done every day. What outsiders don't know is that this is a fantastic place to work. Work/life balance is a top priority and long hours just for the sake of long hours is discouraged. The safety and well-being of the employees is priority number one.
Pros
Safety and well-being of employees is priority #1
Cons
Privately held means little financial data is shared
Beat down the empoyees
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIFebruary 3, 2018
Would not recommend to any one to work there. The place is not nice to the employees. Plus two brothers run the place like a concentration camp. Too much chemical impairment in management.
Pros
Non
Cons
Stay away from this place it cut throat.
So, so
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJanuary 30, 2018
Stuck in old traditions and methods. Not willing to change.

They try their best as a company, good people that mean well but not a place for advancement and opportunities. You come in do your job and thats that.
Place not to work with!
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2017
I wouldnt recomend this job to noone it was not worth for my health. I was already told not to work there i should have listened! Had me working 7 days 12 hrs a day and if we woulnt volunteer it was mandatory specially if we were new to the company. It was forces into us to work!
Pros
Managment is bad and they dont care about noone but their product!
Cons
There is nothing good about them!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSI Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8