OSISOFT Employee Reviews

Account Manager Role
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2018
As an Account Manager, a person needs to be a self starter. There is plenty of assistance when requested. Change is a constant event at the company with many people getting to experience multiple opportunities.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Not a long-term consistent message to employees
Good place to start a career
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 29, 2018
Many career options to pursue, with enough flexibility to explore. Great product and customer base. Many people stay for a very long time making it hard to progress in management in some groups.
Pros
Good work life balance, great people
Cons
Growing pains as the company expands
Multimedia intern
Multimedia Design Intern (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 21, 2018
I would go to the cue to find the my assigned design project. Team meetings would happen in the day. I learned more about the Adobe products and marketing a brand.
Great place to work until last few years
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2018
A change in management and culture over the last few years has led to a point in which a number of mid-level and higher managers are not people one would want to work for. Spying, back-stabbing and a "what have you done for me lately" are par for the course now.
Relaxed and fun
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Dress code was very casual. A typical day at work would mostly just be you working on the current projects you have to do. There were very few meetings besides a daily stand-up with your team.

I learned lots about the tools associated with large-scale team projects such as Visual Studio Team Services and Windows Powershell.

My manager specifically was really helpful and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was getting a proper read on my superiors when it came to their thoughts on my performance or ability, specifically when constructive criticism was needed.

The most enjoyable part was the coworkers I got to know. All of them were supportive of me as the newest member of the team.
Pros
Relaxed, friendly environment
Cons
Communication can be slow and inconsistent
Great work/life balance
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Good work culture and balance. Very smart colleagues and managers. Got to work on a variety of interesting projects and the technology was quite up to date as well.
Good Product and Development Staff
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2017
OSIsoft LLC. has a good product that is very mature. The development staff and support personnel are excellent. The company is private so the culture is one of a small to medium size company.
Enjoyable Culture
Systems Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 16, 2017
OSIsoft has one of the best company cultures. The management is very supportive and are there for their employees. I learned a great deal about software and how it is sold. The hardest part of the job was working with persons outside of the company who were at times unmotivated. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture. It is also next to a BART station, making it convenient.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
Sales
Good place to work, work/life balance; Solve problems, learn about software
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Pros
As a CSE we solve problems for customers, making the work very manageable and fun in a challenging/problem solving way. The company atmosphere is a good mix of hard working and professional with relaxed and casual. Good work-life balance.

This place has exceeded my expectations because there are way more opportunities than I initially realized. There are offices all over the world (albeit not huge ones), and there is the opportunity to do and exchange with another office (e.g. spend a month working in Frankfurt, Germany).

The company is also growing rapidly. It has gone from 1,100 to 1,300 employees in just one year and has had sales over $350 million. The office headquarters just moved to a newly constructed building.

Commuting is also very easy. It's right next to a BART station, and if you live in SF, the drive is not bad because it's a reverse commute so you don't have to deal with bridge traffic.The BART ride is only 30 minutes, which is good for the bay area. It's an easy drive from anywhere in East Bay.

Cons
The product is not particularly sexy or exciting (the PI System is a plant information system that collects, stores, archives, analyzes, and displays time-series data) like the products of other bay area tech companies, however it plays a vital role behind the scenes in a whole host of industries, including pharmaceutical, mining, manufacturing, power, oil & gas, and chemicals.
Great people and opportunities
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2017
The people you work with are talented and genuine, with minimal exceptions. Technical support is a grind by nature. Field service offers more varied opportunities.
Great place to work. Very intelligent co-workers !
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 2, 2015
Great place to work. Very intelligent co-workers ! Team-oriented. Easy to get help and learn from all of the resources including your co-workers.
Pros
Many advancement opportunities.
Cons
Hard to keep up with technology used.
Great company pre 2012
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Bay areaJanuary 11, 2014
Best software in this class period. Management struggling to separate family from progressive growth to a modern marketting and business focus.

Want to keep doing the same stuff.
Pros
Small and direct connection to management
Cons
Family run owned and managed and family comes first
Best Historian
Sales Account Manager & Product Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2013
First mover in historian space. Close ties with Microsoft.High ease of use & easy adoption
Pros
high quality & reliable product
Cons
family owned & operated business
A great group of people and an amazing work culture
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 14, 2012
There are few negatives that I could come up with regarding my experience at this company. The Technical Support group is an amazing team and I feel that we have a perfect balance of work and play.