OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Joke of a company
Moblie expert (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 11, 2018
First and foremost, they say they pay commission, but that's a lie, I sold over 50 phones in my short time with this "company" and didn't once see a commission check or see my hourly rate change. You'll be lucky to sell a phone at all, seeing how you work inside Walmart and are constantly being dragged away to help some person with questions that don't deal with phones, since no one can read your name badge. Just a terrible business plan and structure. I'd never recommend this joke of a company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Horrible company to work for
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIAugust 29, 2018
Company sets its employees up for failure. You are throw into the position with little training and management is so bad they can’t employees. The company is unprofessional and corrupt!!!
I liked the people but they pay unfairly , and no training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 8, 2018
My first check from the company was 2 weeks short !! They pay little commission , and they barely train you. Your basically going off your own knowledge about the phones.The two months that I worked there I worked by myself i was literally my own boss which was okay because you don’t have anyone telling you what to do lol , the Walmart I was in was extremely extremely slow !! If your looking for a job where you don’t have to do much than this is cool , but you will be waiting over a month for a decent check your first check will be for the 3 or 4 days they trained you for , after that first paycheck than they pay you for the two weeks they missed on your second check
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Commission, Walmart CSM, no training, bad pay
Worse experience ive had in a job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 2, 2018
When I first started this job it was a new company coming from Canada starting 6 new stores in the CT area. Selling for Verizon and At&t inside the Walmart stores. I was chosen as a Team Lead for the CT West area to assemble a team of 6 mobile reps to manage in Guilford,Branford, and Torrington.
I live in willimantic CT so it was a lot of driving but they reimburse miles so I didn't mind.
First month and a half after opening I was the top manager/ TEAM LEAD in the district and all was well. After that all went down the drain. I was moved to 3 closer stores and North Windham which is 5 minutes away so I welcomed the move.
Problem was the moment I moved everything went down hill. This company and the people they have running the CT new York district are bullies and very verbally abusive and out to fire you for any stupid thing. I started in October and it is now July, and I'm no longer there thank goodness. This compnay is full of bullies and a very negative negative vibe. They try to turn you as a manager into this bullying mentality and I wasn't for that.
I wanted to treat my employees with dignity and respect, after all its sales and you don't motivate people by creating a native environment for them to work in I tried to make work fun and exiting.

Well this isn't what the company wanted so I went from being told good job and being sales lead for 2 straight months to my job and all of the other employees who worked for this company constantly being threatened to be fired 90 percent of the time.
Things got super odd when we got a new DM IN THE DISTRICT who
  more... seemed to be out to clean house. In the matter of a month we went through 7 employees and I ended up not having any employees in my areas having to work 7 days a week because they all started hating the job and ended up leaving.
Listen to who ever reads this i could go on forever I went through so much with this company and I'm glad I'm not there because I decided I deserve better and so do anyone looking for work. So if your looking for work out there in any area DO NOT BY ANY MEANS WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!! Know your worth and your value and find better.
Pros
Really enjoyed working with the staff at all the walmarts i workes with.
Cons
Pay, benefits are horrible, very very bad representation in the ct newyork area.
Poor work environment, No training.
Wireless Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 1, 2018
A typical work day is trying to switch customers off from prepaid ad switch to post paid. Everything I learned was from hands on, wasn't much training from OSL. However the reps for Verizon/Sprint where helpful at times when you needed them. Very poor management, mainly came into the store to see if you are hitting your goals, never trained you on the system you would be using, had to learn on your own or learn from Walmart Associates. The company will always call you a liar and only listen to its Leads on everything, so get in good with them and your good. Hardest part of the job is getting thrown in and having to learn everything on your own. Commission is terrible only straight pay. Best part of the job is working with Knowledgeable Walmart Associates.
Pros
N?A
Cons
No Breaks/Short Lunches/Poor Management/Bad Commission Pay
Need to get themselves together
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 16, 2018
Way to much miscommunication plus boss lied to me and told me i wasn't getting written up for a disputes with customer, company has a lot to work on.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Alot
Good Money
Mobile expert (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 13, 2018
No time for a life horrible they would never give you any time off no vacations or Pto time worked every holiday and they dont care, as long as your on that sales floor they could care less if you have a life or not. Sell sell sell. And thats it
Pros
Wages comissioin
Cons
No time off, worked every Holiday, Cant ask for any days off cant even attend your family's affairs etc.
Enjoyed my job
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJune 29, 2018
I enjoyed what I did and my co-workers . You get to interact with many different types of people. You learn a lot of very useful information from your supervisor and coworkers.
Productive and competitive workplace
Multi-Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJune 22, 2018
I started off with osl in October of 2017 fist stores to lunch in my region and it was excellent. this is my first sales job I learned the ins and outs of the wireless industry pretty quick. I’ve proved my self with sales, attendance and a honest work ethic and was recently promoted to a multi unit manager. And I plan to continue to climb the ladder. This company is taking over in the USA and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Unlimited amount of commission, great environment, non-stop customers.
Cons
Health benefits and no 401k yet.
I enjoy the work environment
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSJune 17, 2018
I enjoy this job! I enjoy the customer service and the people I work with! My boss is fun and works well with everyone’s schedule! The hours are nice but i prefer having a weekend or two off!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
It’s very slow paced and your constantly standing for 8 hours
Was good, went bad fast
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 8, 2018
Was a good start with the company and really liked the job. Then they promoted from within for a new position and the new manager was a huge problem. Very condescending and patronizing individual that lacks the people skills needed for this position. Acted like he cared but never really listened, asked how he could help without any real intention of wanting to help. Company has trouble getting quality candidates in spite of what is a well paying job based on qualifications needed. Sometimes an area would go a month without getting a candidate, and when they get one the person is barely capable of completing a coherent sentence. No wonder why the areas struggle to hit targets, half the time the stores are vacant and in a constant state of turnover.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job security, constant turnover, commission structure
Don’t do it.
Mobile expert (Former Employee) –  St. Helens, ORMay 9, 2018
It is not a great company to work for they have no structure and you work inside Walmart and a lot of people want pre paid lines you never see your TL probably 1 every other week only really care about the busy stores.
Relaxed retail experience
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudson/ Clifton Park NYApril 24, 2018
Currently working here as a terriroty manager. Unlimited options for making money since we are in Walmart we aren’t limited to one brand. Great accessory prices. Corporate stores and beat the prices.
Pros
Realxed
Cons
None at the time
Good Place
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 17, 2018
This place is a great place to build character and help you learn to better yourself and work great with others. Being able to work for this company has given me a step in the right direction and has given me the chance to better myself and build a better me.
conn store east team
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  groton ct 06340April 7, 2018
team lead was awesome. other than that they lie and steal your money. other store employees try and steal from your stores. you never get what your supposed to for commission and or paychecks. there is nothing great about this company other than it sounds like ok money and commission but its a scam. upper management is a joke favorites on stores that have more traffic. and they are bullies about selling.
Pros
Cons
all of it
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 29, 2018
I love working for OSL, I have a great team leader and district manager. Very easy to manage work and life, I felt welcomed to the company from the beginning. My managers do everything to make sure you can thrive. Very understanding of medical needs for you or your family, with proper notice. The only thing I don't like is having to work with the Walmart associates in electronics instead of having your own area.
Pros
Easy, a lot of freedom, great bosses, commission
Cons
Working side by side with Walmart associates so people think you work for Walmart
Excellent Career Opportunity
Manager (Current Employee) –  OHMarch 23, 2018
I was very hesitant at first because it was new company in the United States. With room for growth (lacked at previous employer) I made the best decision for me and my family. The job is not stressful but fast paced. The culture they created here is amazing and the team appreciates all your hard work. Most important thing is maintaining a solid relationship with the client. You will learn personal growth and everyone supports each other. Never had a problem with pay. I would highly recommend you take a look and join a great company with great people, pay, benefits, and ability to travel
Pros
Culture, Pay, Benefits, relationship building, Travel
Cons
No 401k at the moment !
Extensive career advancement opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 21, 2018
I love that working at this company keeps me busy but is never overwhelming. There are so many chances for career advancement that it wouldn't make sense to do anything else.
It's a good paying Job for me.
(Sales Associate) Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAMarch 20, 2018
Great company to work for!! The trainer is just AMAZING, very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
Great people at all levels of the company - joining OSL is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together.
Amazing culture, great pay, good opportunity to learn Salesforce and awesome people and management.
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are a employee. It feels like a family. Work is good and great seniors to guide. You feel you are in safe hands.
Management: Starting with the million dollar smile Manager, she is an amazing person with a great Personality.
OSL has highly skilled Salesforce professionals (both technical devs and functional consultants) who are passionate with what they do and deliver quality. It is a pleasure to work in an environment where you learn a lot from others and which is very supportive. The culture is very opened …
Pros
Free lunch with manager, great Commession, awesome team members, lift each other up, very positive. Lots of room to grow and move up
Horrible company. Horrible management.
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MIMarch 9, 2018
Everything this company claims to be about is a lie. They claim to care about their employees but no PtO. They claim great opportunity for advancement but all they do is hire from outside

The traffic sucks, the job sucks, the commission sucks. All you do all day is wander around Walmart while people constantly ask you if you work for Walmart

District manager was one of the most disrespectful and inconsiderate people I ever worked under.

Find a different job. These guys can't even pay you right. I got shafted out of 800$ before Christmas. District manager was unapologetic and just ignores me. Didn't get the money till my next check.
Pros
Cons
The entire job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about