OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Very poor management ability to perform job as well as district manager.
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHNovember 9, 2018
Company owes me 3 months of commission they they accidentally paid a co-worker because my supervisor somehow gave us the same register #'s terminating me after the supervisor and district manager gave me the run around for a month as to why they couldn't fix this and pay me my money (my commission) they accidentally were paying my co worker for 3 months. This is wrong and I deserve the money I worked hard for and I have been,unable to get ahold of your company because they are based out of Canada and are a 3rd party company for Wal-Mart.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management inability to do their jobs
November 12, 2018

Hey there, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. This is not the OSL experience we want our employees to have and we'd like to share this feedback with our management team. Can you please send us more details, including your store location, manager and district manager to social@oslrs.com. Thank you.

Very rude work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon coOctober 27, 2018
Very poor management judge mental! And also discrimiate people as well! Dont train you enough after 3rd day leaves you buy yourself fist time on floor plus she is a very rude person.
October 30, 2018

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. Your experience does not sound like the OSL experience we want our employees to have. Could you please send us an email at social@oslrs.com with details regarding your direct manager name and store location. We'd like to share this feedback with the team. Thank you.

They want everything but give nothing
Wireless Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 16, 2018
This is the most disorganized company I've ever seen. The corporate office is located in Canada and it seems that if they don't understand the United States laws and regulations regarding labor laws and company ethics.

Sales expectations are unreasonably High. They Do not offer any type of paid time off and have very expensive health insurance.

This company is more concerned about sales and don't care about thier employees. I do not recommend working for them you'll be treated as if you were just a number.
November 5, 2018

Hey there, thank you for leaving us a review. We apologize. Your experience does not reflect the OSL experience we'd like our employees to have. Could you send us more information regarding your store location and manager to social@oslrs.com, so we can share this feedback with the team. Thank you.

It’s a great job.
Multi-Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  PaOctober 15, 2018
Your in charge of yourself with guide lines. Yes there is sale to reach jst like any other sales job. But the company is great. It’s a caring, fun job. Managers are willing to work with you. And help you.
Pros
Working for a company that cares
Cons
Yes jst like any sales job. You have slow day and you have busy days.
October 16, 2018

Hey there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback!

Fun competitiveness
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJOctober 11, 2018
They do games, raffles and goals to keep the momentum. You have to be flexible inside work environment. A must is strong interpersonal and external skills.
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Not enough buisness
October 29, 2018

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your review with us, we appreciate your feedback.

No Training
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 11, 2018
Was barely trained and HR is abhorrent. I left for personal and sensitive family matters and my local HR person decided it was appropriate to text me 3 days later to voice her "disappointment" as well as to make a whole bunch of wild claims about me and my work ethic. I would never recommend working here, which is a shame because my coworkers were lovely. Don't work here, the higher ups are freaking crazy.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hr
October 29, 2018

Hi there, your experience definitely does not reflect the OSL experience we’d like our employees to have. We can do better and we’d like to get some more details regarding your experience to send this feedback to the team. Could you please send as an email at: social@oslrs.com? Thank you.

Unorganized workplace with poor and rude management who know less than the actual employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 10, 2018
I recently worked at for this company in the Philadelphia Area. I came in open to opportunity and to better my experience as a sales associate. However week by week I kept running into situations that showed the true dishonesty of the manager there. The only true thing expressed in my interview was the base pay. The commission was totally not worth the hours put in especially with no paid time off including bereavement or sick pay. Moreover working 8-9 hours a day with only a half hour break will do wear and tear on your physical and mental well-being. I also kept running into encounters where my manager had no idea what he was doing and other encounters where I had to fix problems he created. I also found it creepy he found it appropriate to call me sweetheart instead of my actual name. There was also an instance where one of my paychecks was lowered due to a mistake of paying “too much” in commission a month before which you’re not even able to keep track of. After I few months I walked out due to my manager’s inappropriate behavior and fed up with the unorganized and unprofessional ways of this employer. If you want an honest workplace that treats its employees with respect this is not the place for you.
Pros
In a Walmart
Cons
Too many to count
October 12, 2018

Hey there. This is definitely not the OSL experience we want our employees to have. If you could send us an email at social@oslrs.com with a few details regarding your store location and manager name. Thank you!

Great place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  OntarioOctober 7, 2018
Everyone is very supportive. Incredible culture across the entire company. Every day brings new challenges. You can earn as much commission as you’re willing to work for. Company is continuing to grow at a rapid pace.
Pros
Supportive team, company is growing rapidly.
October 29, 2018

Hey there, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback.

Good scope for future opportunities
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 4, 2018
I have been working with OSL retail group for more than a year now and, I feel it is a perfect place where you have flexible working hours and good staff members and managers who are always ready to help you out in whatever way possible. Great place to be at and good scope for future opportunities.
Pros
Free lunch, Events etc.
October 29, 2018

Hey there! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our people are what makes our business so successful and we thank you for your contributions.

We are more thank collages we are family
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonOctober 4, 2018
Our district works together to get the job done having fun along the way. As long as you follow the basic beliefs your a success all time. Working hard to make targets makes our day fun... talking to customers is fun.
Pros
Commission is always a great perk
Cons
Some times too busy to take a break
October 29, 2018

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback!

Amazing, motivating and great work culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  HamiltonOctober 4, 2018
The work culture is upbeat, fun and positive! Always acknowledged for your work. Always incentives going on and you're always rewarded if you're doing wel
Pros
Fun, rewarding, good pay
Cons
Too busy sometimes and you miss taking a break
October 29, 2018

Hey there. Thank you for sharing your OSL experience with us!

Poor management
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIOctober 2, 2018
Quick to turn their backs on so called valuable employees. They expect everything out of their employees the team leads are never around when needed and never answer their parsing or text when they are needed for anything big or small. You do more way more then what you are paid to do!...
Poor management
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Austin, MNSeptember 25, 2018
I worked here for a little over a month and I would encourage you never to make the mistake I did. This company expects a lot from you but doesn't compensate you fairly in return. AT&T or Verizon retail stores don't expect half as much from you and pay you much better. You jump through hoop after hoop and get bad pay. You don't have any support. Management bounces from store to store and isn't around for you when you need them. Trying to keep in contact with them via phone is a joke because.. it's a choice to answer your phone. This company is horrible. The culture is horrible. And if you are ever attacked by another coworker, the company won't protect you, they will fire you.
Pros
working in walmart
Cons
bad management, no support, bad pay
October 30, 2018

Hey there, we appreciate your feedback. We'd like to get more details about your experience, as this does not reflect our OSL values or culture. Could you send us an email at social@oslrs.com with more details regarding your direct manager and store location, so we can share this feedback with leadership. Thank you.

A risk I wish I didn't take
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 24, 2018
Working in mobile sales as a team lead for OSL was a huge mistake. They definitely have unrealistic sales expectations and underestimated how many people use staright talk. Honestly, if you can afford a $250 cell phone bill you probably aren't going to be making the switch at a Walmart.
Pros
Pay is more than mobile sales usually is
Cons
Lack of interested customers, poor Management, lack of planning
Great work space provided
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDSeptember 21, 2018
I worked with OSL in DICKINSON ND for only a little over a month and it was a great experience.
Good training and management. Unfortunately i had a family crisis that required me to leave or i would of stayed.
Pros
Fast pace commissions plus salary you are your own boss
Cons
You have to set up at Walmart
September 25, 2018

Hey there, thanks for your feedback! Sorry to see you had to leave us so suddenly. Hope everything is well with your family.

Job was very boring
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Colville, WASeptember 13, 2018
I did not like working for OSL Retail Services. There rules are way too uptight. I quit because of an incident between me and a Walmart associate. I had worn toeless shoes and she had reported that I was rude and started a brawl, which hadn't happened. Because of that I quit.
Joke of a company
Moblie expert (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 11, 2018
First and foremost, they say they pay commission, but that's a lie, I sold over 50 phones in my short time with this "company" and didn't once see a commission check or see my hourly rate change. You'll be lucky to sell a phone at all, seeing how you work inside Walmart and are constantly being dragged away to help some person with questions that don't deal with phones, since no one can read your name badge. Just a terrible business plan and structure. I'd never recommend this joke of a company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
A lot
September 25, 2018

Hey there, thanks for your feedback. This is not the OSL experience we want our employees to have. If you have any additional feedback you'd like to share, please feel free to send us an email at social@oslrs.com. Thanks!

Horrible company to work for
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIAugust 29, 2018
Company sets its employees up for failure. You are throw into the position with little training and management is so bad they can’t employees. The company is unprofessional and corrupt!!!
I liked the people but they pay unfairly , and no training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 8, 2018
My first check from the company was 2 weeks short !! They pay little commission , and they barely train you. Your basically going off your own knowledge about the phones.The two months that I worked there I worked by myself i was literally my own boss which was okay because you don’t have anyone telling you what to do lol , the Walmart I was in was extremely extremely slow !! If your looking for a job where you don’t have to do much than this is cool , but you will be waiting over a month for a decent check your first check will be for the 3 or 4 days they trained you for , after that first paycheck than they pay you for the two weeks they missed on your second check
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Commission, Walmart CSM, no training, bad pay
Worse experience ive had in a job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 2, 2018
When I first started this job it was a new company coming from Canada starting 6 new stores in the CT area. Selling for Verizon and At&t inside the Walmart stores. I was chosen as a Team Lead for the CT West area to assemble a team of 6 mobile reps to manage in Guilford,Branford, and Torrington.
I live in willimantic CT so it was a lot of driving but they reimburse miles so I didn't mind.
First month and a half after opening I was the top manager/ TEAM LEAD in the district and all was well. After that all went down the drain. I was moved to 3 closer stores and North Windham which is 5 minutes away so I welcomed the move.
Problem was the moment I moved everything went down hill. This company and the people they have running the CT new York district are bullies and very verbally abusive and out to fire you for any stupid thing. I started in October and it is now July, and I'm no longer there thank goodness. This compnay is full of bullies and a very negative negative vibe. They try to turn you as a manager into this bullying mentality and I wasn't for that.
I wanted to treat my employees with dignity and respect, after all its sales and you don't motivate people by creating a native environment for them to work in I tried to make work fun and exiting.

Well this isn't what the company wanted so I went from being told good job and being sales lead for 2 straight months to my job and all of the other employees who worked for this company constantly being threatened to be fired 90 percent of the time.
Things got super odd when we got a new DM IN THE DISTRICT who
  more... seemed to be out to clean house. In the matter of a month we went through 7 employees and I ended up not having any employees in my areas having to work 7 days a week because they all started hating the job and ended up leaving.
Listen to who ever reads this i could go on forever I went through so much with this company and I'm glad I'm not there because I decided I deserve better and so do anyone looking for work. So if your looking for work out there in any area DO NOT BY ANY MEANS WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!! Know your worth and your value and find better.
Pros
Really enjoyed working with the staff at all the walmarts i workes with.
Cons
Pay, benefits are horrible, very very bad representation in the ct newyork area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.