OSL Retail Services Inc

OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

United States771 reviews

Found 771 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,180 reviews
walmartcommissionpostpaiddistrictsaleprepaymobiledm

6 Years and still going strong!

Featured review

OSL Retail Services Inc selected this as a representative review
OSL is a great company to work for if you are a passionate and self-driven individual who loves challenges. In my previous jobs, at times, I would lose motivation by not being challenged. I am the kind of person who likes to be challenged and during my 6 years at OSL I've been constantly challenged either by new sales targets to achieve, new tasks to complete or a promotion to a new role. The Company also has an amazing inclusive culture, and value and respect for their employees. I am very proud to be part of OSL!

July 31, 2020
Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful 5 star review! We are so pleased to hear you've found a place within the #OSLFamily and we're really happy to have you with us.

Stay away

Stay away no work life balances horrible place, can’t trust no one at all, I don’t see anything changing this company has been like this forever. Horrible experience

OSL Retail Services Inc insights

Based on 1,400 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Overall Pitiful

Maybe it’s just me but the job is overall not worth it. I understand it’s sales but ain’t nobody coming in Walmart thinking about a phone. Maybe 1% are but it’s not that easy to hit your goals with this company unless you are for real a people person. I did learn a lot about the technology world but the concept of the job just wasn’t for me. Even though you’re not a Walmart employee, you still have to do the Walmart employees job depending on who your team lead is and if they follow the district managers word. If you’re not talking to customers, then you’re just standing there. Only good thing about the job is that it is uncapped commission and everyone is weird so you can be yourself.

Horrible company.

Wouldn't recommend my enemies to even work for them. They teach you to lie yo people to get sales. The dm I worked for talked down to you and treated everything you do is wrong. Can't contact anyone in corporate. VERY UNTRUTHFUL.

November 22, 2022
Hello, thank you for connecting. We take these matters seriously and will be investigating further as soon as possible. Thank you again, all the best to you.

incredibly toxic work environment

I have so many screenshots I eventually had to delete from my phone of instances I was spoken to horribly by management and coworkers. There was no education, no employee support and an incredibly difficult sales goal that you had to meet to maintain employment. favoritism runs rampant in the company and good sites were only given out to favorites and there was no assistance with finding good sites. This whole industry is full of the most unprofessional individuals I've seen.

Pros

stay away

Cons

stay away

November 18, 2022
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review. We're really disappointed to learn of your experience and appreciate you taking time to get in touch. Please know you are heard and we will be investigating these matters further. We wish you all the best, thank you again.

Careless

No matter how poor or well you are preforming, you will be told it is not enough. No matter how many people you talk to, you can do better and your not trying your hardest. Superior management is careless about your well being, your struggles, your strengths.

Cons

Commission structure, pour HR department, pour incentives, untrustworthy

November 18, 2022
Hi there, thank you for taking time to share your review. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly to talk about your experience and how we can better support you. Could you please give us a call (1-844-694-7675)? We hope to hear from you soon!

They don't offer anything thats worth staying for

Things could be better working and managers They expect u to give up your life commission is terrible and they treat employees terrible.Don't work for this company.

Pros

It's ok

Cons

No moving up

November 15, 2022
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly - could you please give us a call (1-844-694-7675) when you have some time? Thank you again, we hope to hear from you soon!

No home life/Favoritism

They basically throw you out there. You’ll be lucky to find someone good to train you as a ME. I was literally thrown out there on Black Friday. High turnover rate. They expect you to hit certain goals with no employees and two stores. Whatever tool/people they use to recruit needs canned. They hire anybody and expect us to mold them into a great seller. They hire people with the worst work ethic at least hire someone who wants to work. They play favoritism. As long as you don’t get caught they don’t care how you get your sales. But will hang you out to dry when getting the chance. They passively-aggressively tell you that you should be at work until you get sale. Like they make it seem like if you aren’t thinking about getting a sale before you go to sleep at night…you shouldn’t be working there. Never get any paid time off. One manager told me,” Well we stand on our feet and do nothing so why would anyone get that.” Like wow. Will not fire you and tell you to go home until we call you but never call. Very unprofessional.

November 10, 2022
Hello there, and thank you for taking time to share your review. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly about your experience. Could you please give us a call (1-844-694-7675) so we can start that conversation together? Thank you again, we hope to hear from you soon!

Worse work place ever

Do not work here. Horrid place. Don’t let you use your earned time off. Do not care about your person issues. Some ridiculous quota of post paid sales when all people want is cheap pre paid phones.

November 8, 2022
Hello, thank you for taking time to connect. Could you please give us a call (1-844-694-7675) as soon as possible so we can better understand and investigate these matters? We hope to hear from you soon, thank you again.

It's great if you have the right Lead

I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful Lead who was very patient with me. He taught me a lot about the products and plans and let me find my own groove. After that, it was a lot of fun. It was fun talking to customers and selling phones and plans based on their individual needs. We need need to make our quota every month, which after the first few months became pretty easy to do. You need to be a self starter and truly have a passion for sales and customer service to enjoy this job. If you were struggling sometimes the big boss man would get on you, but I took it and used it as motivation to make more sales. The pay was not the greatest and they changed how much your bonus would be and that wasn't cool . Black Friday and that whole week the hours were 5am to 8pm. I didn't mimd bc my bonus that month is was over $1000, but I was the only representative at the store that time. Overall it's not a bad place to work.

November 8, 2022
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review! It's great to know you've found your groove and have a positive connection with your TL. We're so thrilled to have you with us and appreciate you taking time to share your shout-outs. The door is always open if you'd like to keep the conversation going (1-844-694-7675); your constructive feedback is invaluable in helping us better support you. Keep up the awesome work, and thanks again!

Excellent place of employment

Great management and they work with you on schedule and accommodations they definitely care a great deal for their employees not only would I recommend this company to anyone looking for a great work environment but I personally would love to work for this company again and hope they move to my area soon

November 7, 2022
Hi there, and thank you so much for sharing your review! We're thrilled you had a great experience and felt fully supported being part of the team. Hopefully we have opportunity to cross paths again, and until then we wish you the very best on all your adventures!

Just dont

They under pay. The teach and urge you to swindle people (including the elderly) into phones and plans they don’t need. They do not care about you in the least, just the numbers you make. They will replace you at the drop of a hat, no matter your tenure. Disgusting‘management’. Poor morals if any. Not rewarding at all unless you enjoy feeling like a scummy criminal.

October 28, 2022
Hello, thank you for taking time to connect and bring these matters to our attention. We will be investigating further and would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly as well. Could you please give us a call at 1-844-694-7675? Thank you again, we hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Brain Washing job

They expect you to chase people and try to sell them plans and cellphones, many times these people don't even have a good credit, it will screw the up.

October 21, 2022
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review. We would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly about your feedback, could we ask you to please give us a call (1-844-694-7675) when you have some time? We hope to hear from you!

A welcoming company with room to grow

OSL Has been great to work for. The company loves to promote within and encourage its people. It is an easy place to grow and gain very useful skills.

October 14, 2022
Hello there, and thank you so much for sharing your review! You nailed it - we absolutely love to support people in hitting their goals and growing in their careers. We're thrilled to have you with us, keep up the great work!

Horrible management and favoritism

Completely disregard for people with normal lives, always something wrong with either your paycheck or someone else’s. And never paid out on referrals for newly hired employees.

October 14, 2022
Hello, thank you for sharing your review. We're very disappointed to learn of your experience and will be investigating these matters further. Thank you for taking time to connect, we wish you all the best.

They'll put you out there to the wolves without training you properly. Constant back stabbin No tools to do your job. Foolish. I've

The worst I've ever seen. Staffing issues constantly. No training worth anything. They'll put you out there to the wolves without training you properly. Constant back stabbing drama like a bunch of high-school kids. No tools to do your job. Foolish. I've never seen such a dysfunctional company in all the 40 years in industry I've worked. Bad practices not excepted in the industry.

October 14, 2022
Hello, thank you for connecting with us to share your feedback. We're disappointed to learn about your experience and will be investigating these concerns further. Thank you again for taking time to leave your review, we wish you all the best.

Don’t work here if you want to be treated as a number.

This is the worst place to work at. You’re a third party vendor, and all the company cares about are numbers. They don’t help you out if you need help. You don’t get enough training. You have to wait a whole month for your commission to kick in.

October 11, 2022
Hi there, thank you for sharing your review. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to connect directly with you about your feedback and how we can support you. Could you please give us a call (1-844-694-7675) when you have some time? Hope to hear from you soon, thanks again.

On the sales floor, helping people make a decision.

Your job here is simple, you get paid to walk out and talk to customers on the sales floor. Your job is also to convince them to switch to the big name brand carriers. If you're not making sales then you will get pestered the entire day, no sales, not worth their time.

Pros

Average Lunches, Freedom to Move Around, Socializing

Cons

Management, Awful Software, Everything is Online

October 11, 2022
Hey there, thank you for sharing your review with us. We would love to connect directly about your feedback and how we can better support you. Could we ask you to please give us a call at 1-844-694-7675? Thanks again for taking time, we hope to hear from you soon.

Engaging and slightly stressful.

Hours aren't flexible and makes it tough for parents with children. Can be lenient for time off, but knowing in advance is key. Leaving for emergency reasons during the workday is unacceptable. Management can be hard to get a hold of and work/life balance is rough.

October 7, 2022
Hello there, thank you so much for taking time to share your review! It's great to have you with us and we would love to connect directly about your feedback and how we can better support you. Could you please give us a call at 1-844-694-7675 when you have some time to chat? Hope to hear from you soon, thanks again!

It's just a job

While working for osl you deal with alot of stuff, the managers act like they care but only care about their own pockets. If you are sick or in the hospital they will start the termination process since 'if you're in the hospital the company loses money we have a business to fun ' you get NO pto,No Vacation. The pay isn't worth putting up with rude customers or other associates.

October 4, 2022
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review. We're very disappointed to learn of your experience and will be investigating these concerns further. Thank you again, take care.

Great Company to work for

Management is very supportive. The company cares about their employees and offers many incentives and bonus pay. They encourage a good life work balance.

Pros

good management, chance for advancement, fair pay

October 4, 2022
Hello there, and thank you for sharing your review! We're so thrilled you're feeling the support and work-life balance we strive for, and it's really great to have you with us. Thanks again for taking time to shout-out, and being such an awesome teammate!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits