OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 21, 2019
I've worked with OSL for several months now and it has been a fantastic journey. The home office team is incredibly supportive and easy to work with. I look forward to continued growth within the company and future opportunities as the company itself continues to grow.
I love OSL
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 19, 2019
I have been in the wireless industry for over 12 years. I took a small hiatus from wireless prior to working for OSL. The company is growing rapidly and now if a great time to be used if something huge, this company takes care of it's employees, and as with any new company there are growing pains but we are never hit in the dark. All in all I would recommend OSL to anyone looking to have a fun and we'll paying job!
Pros
Great management
Cons
None so far
January 22, 2019

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you're having such an awesome time with us! Keep up the great work!

January 21, 2019

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review and sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you're having such a great experience with us so far!

Horrible management
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 7, 2019
It’s sad how the ME get treated no paid time off no paid vacation no sick pay we get unpaid time off but when you go to take it management gives you this whole song and dance on why you can’t take it I lost 80 hours of time off because management wouldn’t approved it I tried taking a extra day off during a week for personal reason and having my two days off and I got denied that personal day off because my manager didn’t wanna cover my store since I’m the only ME that worked there for almost a year now
It’s sad that the people on the bottom take care of the sales and all that get treated so bad and I hope it chances soon
Pros
Money
Cons
Management, commission
January 8, 2019

Hey there, thanks for leaving us your feedback. This isn't the OSL experience we want our employees to have. Would you mind sending us your store details, including location and direct supervisor to social@oslrs.com? We'd like to share this feedback with our head office team for evaluation. Thank you!

No communication or solid management
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2019
Honestly, not a great place to start a career. No leadership from my management, no communication with partners, high expectations and pretty much left to figure out everything on your own while inside Walmart.
Cons
Short breaks if available, high expectations, no leadership
January 4, 2019

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you feel this way. We'd love to get more details regarding your experience, so we can share this with management. Can you send us an email to social@oslrs.com with your store location and direct manager name? Thank you!

Offered 32k salary, bonus etc only adds up to a total of 40k annually..
Multi-Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 3, 2019
For a multi unit manager only compensating up to 40k annually is a low ball, which is why unfortunately you will always be looking for better talent. My advice you pay decent salaries, give a good bonus structure and you will get that talent that will drive your profit out of the roof.

Been doing this a long time. Good luck
Pros
Cons
Low compensation
January 4, 2019

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate the feedback and will be sharing this with our head office team. Thanks!

Bullied and harassed
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Upstate, New YorkJanuary 1, 2019
If you have a bad month or bad week, you are harassed and bullied. And it’s non stop. Very stressful. District manager was unhelpful. After 7 months I finally stepped down. I’d rather take a pay cut and be treated better than work in a situation like this.
January 2, 2019

Hey there, thanks for leaving us your review. We apologize for your experience, as this does not reflect the OSL experience we want our employees to have. Do you mind sending us an email to social@oslrs.com, with more details, including your store location and supervisor as well as DM? Will forward this feedback to management for review. Thank you.

Was fired for being out because my mom passed away
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHDecember 29, 2018
I was fired from this company after being there for a year because i took time off to greive for my mother and the management didnt even tell me i found out from another mobile Expert that i lost my job this company Doesn't care about its employees
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management benefits work environment
December 31, 2018

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. I am sorry for your loss, this does not sound like the OSL experience we want our employees to have. If you could send us a note to social@oslrs.com, with more details outlining your termination, including your location and direct supervisor, we will forward to management for review. Thank you.

Horrible unwelcoming place to work.
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 28, 2018
They do not train their Team Leaders, they talk down to you, they do not care about you, they will talk bad about other employees to you and about other employees person lives. They will say things to you that are illegal for them to do so. They do not care about anything but their money. If you complain they just sweep it under the rug so they don’t have to do anything about it. They will not work around your availability. They hire just anyone to manage you even when they’re a horrible choice.
December 31, 2018

Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review. This isn't the OSL experience we'd like our employees to have. If you could send us a note to social@oslrs.com, with your store city, state and name of your team lead, we will forward this to our management team to review. Thank you!

not worth the frustration
mobile expert (Former Employee) –  USADecember 12, 2018
For the last 4 weeks I didn't have access to the products that I was selling - I had to find a Walmart associate to unlock the phones; and they were often not around. Understaffed.
Cons
they didn't care about their customers ( employees did; but not Walmart )
December 14, 2018

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback. If you'd like to share any additional information about your experience feel free to send us an email at social@oslrs.com. Thank you.

Was great when I was with a pleasant employee
OSL SALES (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHDecember 3, 2018
Absolutely loved the job I was doing love the public and helping when I can I am
An honest person to, the management was horrible and rude down right nasty to his team leaders and employees if it wasn’t for that I would have stayed in excellent pay. Once ya do get paid that is, very demanding company wants you where they want you or that’s it ..
Pros
Great pay. Loved my job my duties the public
Cons
Not managed well takeaway too long for first check, rude employees n manager
December 4, 2018

Hey there, thanks for sharing your view with us. We appreciate your feedback. Could you send us an email at social@oslrs.com with details regarding your location and district manager info? We'd like to share this with head office. Thank you.

Fun but wasn't paid until a month after i started work
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 27, 2018
the job is very great job some take the manager positions serious some don't my manager was one of the ones who didn't take the OSL role serious. just wasn't given the proper training so that i would be a great mobile expert. i had to pretty much free lace the job an learn from a great friend of mine whom also was a employee, did an great job on teaching me the proper sales tactics and history on phones. However, I would recommend this job too others an i would also work for the company again as well.
November 28, 2018

Hey there, thanks for sharing your review with us. We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the experience you encountered. This doesn't sound like the OSL experience we'd like our employees to have. Could you please mail us at social@oslrs.com, more details regarding your store location and direct manager name? We'd like to share this feedback with our management team. Thanks!

Horrible
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  East Setauket, NYNovember 26, 2018
I managed 2 stores. There was no district manager at the time I had 2 employees was supposed to have 5. The commission is horrible 7.50 per phone and it's completely unorganized. Three company is based out of Canada so you get payed every 2 weeks and have to wait 2 weeks. So it's a month before you get your first check. Trust me stay away. I've been in retail a long time and this is the worst company I ever worked for
November 27, 2018

Hey there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We do follow the appropriate state / provincial laws when it comes to payroll. Feel free to follow up with your HR payroll rep for more information!

Fun, flexible and ever changing forward thinking company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 21, 2018
Currently work for OSL - While there are always opportunities in every growing company, OSL has created a partnership with the worlds top retailer - If you want to be part of ground breaking results and success - Join the team!
Pros
Forward thinking, fun culture
November 22, 2018

Hey there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you're having such an awesome time with us so far.

Dont do it your better than this company management is all jacked up
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  QueensburyNovember 19, 2018
It's just not worth it keep searching skip this one there's a lot of a decent jobs in the area where companies that have way better management structure than this one the district manager is a complete moron
November 20, 2018

Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. If you could please outline more details regarding your experience to social@oslrs.com, including your DM name and store location, we'd like to share this with our management team at head office. Thank you.

Easy job for easy money
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 15, 2018
The job is super easy and they pay you decent especially for not doing much. Spend the whole day standing at the electronics counter in a Walmart talking to customers about cellphones and accessories. Mostly informing old people about technology that they don't know anything about. Was not happy with the job however because I was the only person at my location putting in 60+hour weeks, I had only one day off in the entire month of September, had to miss my grandfathers funeral because they threatened to terminate me, then was fired anyways because I took a two hour lunch.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Slow
November 16, 2018

Hey there, thanks for leaving a review. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Could you provide us with more details regarding your store location and manager name to social@oslrs.com? We'd like to share this with our management team for review. Thank you.

TL is a petulant child
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  MnNovember 8, 2018
Working for these guys thus far have been a disaster, the team lead is the type of person who is better off flipping burgers than leading people, she is void of any type class and sounds like a drone reading a script. Talks down to people and makes people feel like they are beneith her, this is NO way to treat people ever.
Pros
The people you meet are amazing
Cons
Management could use a few pointers on how to treat people
November 9, 2018

Hey there, thank you for your review. We apologize for what you've experienced. This is not the OSL experience we want our employees to have. If you don't mind sending us an email at social@oslrs.com, we'd like to learn more details regarding your store location and e name of your team lead so we can forward on to management. Thank you.

Very rude work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon coOctober 27, 2018
Very poor management judge mental! And also discrimiate people as well! Dont train you enough after 3rd day leaves you buy yourself fist time on floor plus she is a very rude person.
October 30, 2018

Hey there, thanks for leaving us a review. Your experience does not sound like the OSL experience we want our employees to have. Could you please send us an email at social@oslrs.com with details regarding your direct manager name and store location. We'd like to share this feedback with the team. Thank you.

They want everything but give nothing
Wireless Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 16, 2018
This is the most disorganized company I've ever seen. The corporate office is located in Canada and it seems that if they don't understand the United States laws and regulations regarding labor laws and company ethics.

Sales expectations are unreasonably High. They Do not offer any type of paid time off and have very expensive health insurance.

This company is more concerned about sales and don't care about thier employees. I do not recommend working for them you'll be treated as if you were just a number.
November 5, 2018

Hey there, thank you for leaving us a review. We apologize. Your experience does not reflect the OSL experience we'd like our employees to have. Could you send us more information regarding your store location and manager to social@oslrs.com, so we can share this feedback with the team. Thank you.

It’s a great job.
Multi-Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  PaOctober 15, 2018
Your in charge of yourself with guide lines. Yes there is sale to reach jst like any other sales job. But the company is great. It’s a caring, fun job. Managers are willing to work with you. And help you.
Pros
Working for a company that cares
Cons
Yes jst like any sales job. You have slow day and you have busy days.
October 16, 2018

Hey there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate your feedback!

Fun competitiveness
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJOctober 11, 2018
They do games, raffles and goals to keep the momentum. You have to be flexible inside work environment. A must is strong interpersonal and external skills.
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Not enough buisness
October 29, 2018

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your review with us, we appreciate your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.