OSL Retail Services Inc

OSL Retail Services Inc Employee Reviews for Mobile Expert

Mobile Expert356 reviews

Found 356 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,180 reviews
walmartcommissionpostpaiddistrictsaleprepaymobiledm

On the sales floor, helping people make a decision.

Your job here is simple, you get paid to walk out and talk to customers on the sales floor. Your job is also to convince them to switch to the big name brand carriers. If you're not making sales then you will get pestered the entire day, no sales, not worth their time.

Pros

Average Lunches, Freedom to Move Around, Socializing

Cons

Management, Awful Software, Everything is Online

October 11, 2022
Hey there, thank you for sharing your review with us. We would love to connect directly about your feedback and how we can better support you. Could we ask you to please give us a call at 1-844-694-7675? Thanks again for taking time, we hope to hear from you soon.

Overall Pitiful

Maybe it’s just me but the job is overall not worth it. I understand it’s sales but ain’t nobody coming in Walmart thinking about a phone. Maybe 1% are but it’s not that easy to hit your goals with this company unless you are for real a people person. I did learn a lot about the technology world but the concept of the job just wasn’t for me. Even though you’re not a Walmart employee, you still have to do the Walmart employees job depending on who your team lead is and if they follow the district managers word. If you’re not talking to customers, then you’re just standing there. Only good thing about the job is that it is uncapped commission and everyone is weird so you can be yourself.

OSL Retail Services Inc insights

Based on 1,400 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Horrible company.

Wouldn't recommend my enemies to even work for them. They teach you to lie yo people to get sales. The dm I worked for talked down to you and treated everything you do is wrong. Can't contact anyone in corporate. VERY UNTRUTHFUL.

November 22, 2022
Hello, thank you for connecting. We take these matters seriously and will be investigating further as soon as possible. Thank you again, all the best to you.

Worse work place ever

Do not work here. Horrid place. Don’t let you use your earned time off. Do not care about your person issues. Some ridiculous quota of post paid sales when all people want is cheap pre paid phones.

November 8, 2022
Hello, thank you for taking time to connect. Could you please give us a call (1-844-694-7675) as soon as possible so we can better understand and investigate these matters? We hope to hear from you soon, thank you again.

Excellent place of employment

Great management and they work with you on schedule and accommodations they definitely care a great deal for their employees not only would I recommend this company to anyone looking for a great work environment but I personally would love to work for this company again and hope they move to my area soon

November 7, 2022
Hi there, and thank you so much for sharing your review! We're thrilled you had a great experience and felt fully supported being part of the team. Hopefully we have opportunity to cross paths again, and until then we wish you the very best on all your adventures!

Just dont

They under pay. The teach and urge you to swindle people (including the elderly) into phones and plans they don’t need. They do not care about you in the least, just the numbers you make. They will replace you at the drop of a hat, no matter your tenure. Disgusting‘management’. Poor morals if any. Not rewarding at all unless you enjoy feeling like a scummy criminal.

October 28, 2022
Hello, thank you for taking time to connect and bring these matters to our attention. We will be investigating further and would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly as well. Could you please give us a call at 1-844-694-7675? Thank you again, we hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Engaging and slightly stressful.

Hours aren't flexible and makes it tough for parents with children. Can be lenient for time off, but knowing in advance is key. Leaving for emergency reasons during the workday is unacceptable. Management can be hard to get a hold of and work/life balance is rough.

October 7, 2022
Hello there, thank you so much for taking time to share your review! It's great to have you with us and we would love to connect directly about your feedback and how we can better support you. Could you please give us a call at 1-844-694-7675 when you have some time to chat? Hope to hear from you soon, thanks again!

It's just a job

While working for osl you deal with alot of stuff, the managers act like they care but only care about their own pockets. If you are sick or in the hospital they will start the termination process since 'if you're in the hospital the company loses money we have a business to fun ' you get NO pto,No Vacation. The pay isn't worth putting up with rude customers or other associates.

October 4, 2022
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review. We're very disappointed to learn of your experience and will be investigating these concerns further. Thank you again, take care.

Not 18$\hour

Management will throw untrained Mobiles Experts out on to the floor and expect results within a month, or the write ups start happening. Management will talk behind your back about your progression and expectations, will change your schedule without a moments notice, will not be flexible with scheduling or personal matters. District Managers depending on your region, will change the rules at a whim for the maximum amount of sales. Ex. Postpaid sales with no secondary form of ID, or expired. If your a sensible sales person, and good at customer service, there is plenty of other jobs out there for you.

Pros

Carrier Discounts

Cons

Poor Management, Short Breaks

September 27, 2022
Hello, and thank you for sharing your review. We're very disappointed to learn your experience didn't meet expectations and appreciate you taking time to connect. Please know you are heard and your feedback will be investigated further. Thank you again, we wish you all the best.

Don’t work here

The management sucks a lot of favoritism that’s goes on in the company with employees and team leads and Walmart employees this place is a joke I wouldn’t ever recommend it to anyone hopefully they do the right thing soon

September 6, 2022
Hello, thank you for sharing your review. We're very sorry to learn your experience didn't meet expectations and appreciate you taking time to let us know. Wishing you all the best, take care.

Great for first timers in sales

Just started a little under 2 months ago. So far so good. No complaints. I love the idea of commission. The worst part is walmart shoppers having bad attitudes when you tell them you aren't able to help them with their Prepaid issues.

August 26, 2022
Hello there, and thank you for sharing your review! It's great to have you with us and we're really glad you're settling in with the team. Please do keep up the awesome work!

Good coworkers but terrible upper management

Honestly would recommend to people trying to get a foot into the sales profession but I left because of the toxic and oppressive work environment our district manager would put us under, the coworkers I had however were some of the best Iv worked with so it's a mixed bag

August 26, 2022
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate you taking time to shout-out your co-workers, and let us know where you felt let down. Your feedback is invaluable to us and we will be investigating these concerns further. Wishing you all the best on your next adventure, thank you again!

Awful experience

Silver lining… good cutthroat sales experience … other than that… don’t do it if you can’t handle hardships at work… I mean real hardships.. politics.. broken systems.. theft … no security on site.

August 16, 2022
Hello there, and thank you for sharing your review. We're very disappointed to learn you felt let down and appreciate you taking time to let us know. Please know you are heard and your feedback will be taken onboard. We wish you all the best on your next adventure!

Laid Back but not very productive

My manager was very nice and understanding, but corporate level was not very good at listening to their lower-level employees. If i had been able to have accommodations made for me during pregnancy i would have stayed with the company.

Pros

The job itself is pretty laid back, no high volume of customers to worry about for most of the day. You don't feel rushed.

Cons

They are not good with making accommodations for pregnant women, physically disabled persons, no respect for lower level employees.

August 5, 2022
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review with us. We're disappointed to learn your experience didn't meet expectations and appreciate you taking time to let us know where you felt down. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we're always striving to get better. Thank you again, we wish you all the best!

Fun to work, hard to pay bills

If you are flat broke and are desperate for a job, good enough. Looking for good pay, go somewhere else. You don't make $18 an hour. You make $12 an hour onto of unlimited commission, that you receive a month after you make those goals. It is EXTEREMELY difficult to advance in the company and it is very hard to pay bills when your check every two weeks is only $600, so 1k in a month if you're lucky.

August 2, 2022
Hey there, thank you for taking time to share your review! Please don't hesitate to connect with your DM or give us a call (1-844-694-7675) if you'd like to keep the conversation going, we're here to support you and your goals. It's great to have you with us, we hope to hear from you!

It's an okay place to work

As long as you meet the quota for the month you will have it easy. If you can't meet the qouta, don't expect to last long at this job. The only thing they care about are postpaid sales.

Pros

Commission

August 2, 2022
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review! Your constructive feedback is invaluable as we're always striving to get better. We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts, and the door is always open if there's anything we can do to better support you. Thanks again, it's great to have you with us!

If you value your mental health do NOT work here

When I first started working for OSL it was a great company to work for! However, as time went on the work environment became increasingly more toxic, at least in the area I was in. I worked in district 905 which unfortunately has a terrible RM. He’s only focused on employees who are doing amazing every day of every year and if you aren’t then you don’t matter. He’s very good at knocking people down a peg and doesn’t care about areas who don’t have team leads to manage them. He also doesn’t let people know if they’re on a performance plan and fires them after never having a conversation, coaching, or anything of the sort. I was a team lead for a few months and had to step down as I would wake up and cry before going to work because it was so awful and draining.

Pros

It’s a job

July 29, 2022
Hello, and thank you for taking time to connect and share your review. Please know your insights are heard and will be taken onboard and investigated further. We very much appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best on your next adventure. Thank you again, take care.

Good and bad

Had a good time working here, mostly the people I got to work with and some customers, uncapped commission which was nice if you sold enough post paid phones… there were a lot of slow months, sometimes coworkers would lie to get sales, short staffed management was ok.

July 26, 2022
Hi there, and thank you so much for sharing your review! We're thrilled to hear your experience was so positive and that you took advantage of the near limitless earnings potential. Wishing you all the best on your next adventure, thanks again!

It was like being on hold for 2 years

I had a great manager, plenty of excellent training, and I had decent support from the regional team network. Even with the best training and troubleshooting support, there were endless technical difficulties that arose from simple routine transactions. If spending 3 hours on hold sounds fun, try doing it while irate customers demand you load their prepaid mins, fix the photo kiosk, and ring up their groceries.There are decent opportunities for advancement, but be prepared for toxic "hustle culture". When it wasn't busy we were supposed to aggressively pursue sales opportunities, but I just sat on a stool and played games. I was frequently a top seller in my region, no pushy tactics necessary. I made some decent commission checks in the busy summer months and around Christmas. Then they restructured the commission payouts to be based on unrealistic sales goals. Normally a Black Friday was worth the extra hustle, but no more. My favorite part was teaching elderly people how to use cell phones.

Pros

Training Videos, Competitive Team Atmosphere, Uniforms

Cons

Software Glitches, Hold Music, Moving the Goalposts

July 13, 2022
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review. We really appreciate you taking time to share your honest and constructive insights into both the hits and misses during your time at OSL. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us continue to grow and get better. We wish you all the best on your next adventure, thank you again!

Not worth it.

No way to move you. Customers are horrible. Management is horrible. You stand the whole time your working. No help when you want to advance forward. Not worth the money. Unless you want to stand all day.

July 7, 2022
Hi there, and thank you for sharing your review. We're very disappointed to learn your experience didn't meet expectations and appreciate you taking time to let us know. All the best to you on your next adventure.

What is the best part of working at the company?Really easy job, good team leads, flexible schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Keeping up with sales standards can be tough. Definitely not a job for introverts. You will be screamed at for stuff out of your control like prepaid service reception. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?You're in a Walmart so you have to deal with all of their issues as well. You probably have to tell 20-50 people a day that you don't work for Walmart What is a typical day like for you at the company?You are constantly looking for a sale even if it's not necessarily the best for the customer...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSL Retail Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits