Oslin Nation Co Employee Reviews

Productive and Interesting Work Environment
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 6, 2018
Oslin Nation is a manufacturers representative. If you are not on the sales team, you are one of the many support people. The environment is friendly and productive. People focus on their work, but also take time for regular employee gatherings in the lunch room. Ping Pong is a regular activity for employees to take a break. The leadership is reliable and try to help you develop as a person and an employee. Benefits are fair and PTO is good. All in all, a good company to work for that is growing and expanding.
Pros
Nice facility, management that cares, benefits, ping pong table
Toxic, Disorganized, Stressful
HVAC & Plumbing Estimator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Save yourself the trouble, and don't apply for this job. There is no organization to speak of. There is one manager, who is dishonest, and seems to enjoy causing his underlings to freak out just cause he can.
Pros
Some good people work there
Administrative Assistant
Executive Assistant to Municipal Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Very fun place to work for. Management was extremely helpful and caring. Work environment was very casual. Learned a lot from co-workers. Very willing to let you work on your own pace.
Owner Group of 3-1 is a great guy
Inside Sales-pricing products for customers (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 26, 2018
I was never given the opportunity to do anything other than what I was hired for. It was probably because of the my age. I had 10 years of SUCCESSFUL sales in Waterside/Hydronic product sales and was never ever going to be given the opportunity for advancement.

Mike is a great guy (one of the owners) and it is probably a great place to work if you are a young guy. They hired a much younger guy for sales in a position I was more than qualified for.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Overall it is a good company to work for
Job Coster (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 10, 2018
A typical day at work includes:
downloading essential documents
reviewing documents
determining what products we can quote our customers
working with vendors to get our best costs
preparing quotes
reviewing other team member's quotes for errors
working with the salesmen to finalize quotes to their preferences

We learned:
our different product lines
how our products compare to the competition

Management is strict yet confusing because thei salesmen believe
they are managers as well

Culture is pretty laid back

The hardest part of the job is seeing people loosing their cool and
acting unprofessional to people you care about.

The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the co-workers.
Pros
every once in a while you get a free lunch
Cons
stress from deadlines and heavy workload
Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Do NOT waste your time with this place. It is definitely male-dominated and just a generally unfriendly place to work. If you are not ready to "work" for your money, than don't work here.
Relaxed Environment
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Great working environment with knowledgeable employees. Management allows you to customize your work approach to better fit your personality. The hardest part of the job is to create success with little to no structure. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning different systems and providing valid solutions.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Low Salary
Family Atmosphere
Receptionist/HR Asst./Operations/AP Asst. (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 22, 2017
Steady growing company with multiple locations throughout Texas that provided opportunity for advancement. Lots of extra curricular activities to keep you entertained as well as busy.
Good, family-oriented place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
Friendly co-workers and very positive environment. Management is motivating , sometimes pushy, but fair. Work days can fly by sometimes, which is good.
Positive environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TexasAugust 19, 2015
My typical day at the office is supporting my team which consists of my sales manager, a sales engineer and estimator.

The support I provide is receiving phone calls from customers, vendors and warehouse personnel. Another task is placing orders for mechanical systems which consists of inputting submittals and status follow ups.

Some other duties that I over see are completing expense reports, maintaining office supplies as well as taking inventory of office materials.
Assisted Sales Reps
Administrative Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duncunville TexasMay 26, 2014
 Assisted Administrative support to two Sales Representatives.
 Provided Submittals, Operation, and Instruction Manuals of product to customers.
 Entered Sales orders in Tracking System.
 Communicated daily with customers. Resolved concerns about their orders..
Poorly Managed
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2013
This company maintains a "Friends and Family" work environment and customer base. Although the company is larger than sole proprietorship, it functions as such. There are "flirty" cliques that strongly influence decisions.