Osmose Utilities Services Inc Employee Reviews

Hard work focused on productivity and safty.
Digger (Current Employee) –  Andalusia, ALDecember 14, 2018
Great work experience great benefits decent pay and lots of opportunity to move up in the company but hard work long hours and short breaks but overall a pleasant experience.
Pros
Free hotel rooms
Cons
Short breaks
If you are black in the south you will only be used to dig.
Foreman trainee (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 13, 2018
I experienced discrimination at its finest...they dont want black men as foreman only as crew members to dig holes even if you pass all the exams. They Will reward other race of men with roles that require training that they dont have to do.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Good ole boy rules still apply in the South
Will tell you one thing u get another
Crew leader in training (Current Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GADecember 11, 2018
Supposed to be getting paid 15 a hour for training I drive 8 hours to the job site and I get there he only give me 13 Forman did not give me the bonus I earned and was promised after training for 3 and a half weeks sent back home to wait for a my opening it’s two weeks later and I’ve heard nothing from anybody
Overall awful experience.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 24, 2018
Spent 5 years with Osmose utility services, they treat you like you are worth nothing. Just a body to make them millions while you make just enough to barely survive week by week. They say they promote from within.... lol they lie... about everything. I destroyed myself and gave them my all for 5 long years and never saw a pay increase or any of the "moving on up" job opportunities they promised me for years. Now I am unemployed and they are contesting my unemployment because it is all he said she said. If they can burn you they will, I guarantee it. Good job to make a quick buck, garbage job if you are looking for any type of future. Never seen a company do so much scandalous business and burn so many employees. They should be shut down and sued for the way they run their business and treat their employees
Pros
Cons
Treated less than human, constantly used to make higher ups big money with no hope of advancement
Great!
Laborer/Chemical Treater (Former Employee) –  Delta, UTNovember 16, 2018
Great place to work. Great long term employment opportunities. Great management. Positive environment. Would definitely recommend to people for a place of employment.
Bad company
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2018
Osmose is the most unprofessional company I have ever cane across they will cheat the system to charge there customers more money so they can make bonus I worked here as a foreman and you never get supplies when needed you never see your supervisors issues that come about in the field you just fix it yourself because the company doesnt care and anyone hired on as a digger,treater,inspector,or crew leader you guys will .ake ok money but the second the job changes to a new contract of it's a 2 mann you will be fired and one will be kept also all the hard work that is put in by you crew members is not recognized they say you get this awesome bonus but its garbage compared to the foreman you can make up to like 15 16 an hour with bonus as a digger/treater while foreman's are getting an extra 20 an hour on too of the 23 they already make that say they advance from within but they will hire people off the street for foreman trainee while there are people who ha e been doing it for years that wont be taken because the foreman doesnt want to hire someone new plus you are never home since being hired I have been home twice in the last few months horrible company horrible atmosphere
Pros
No oros
Cons
Everything and anything about the company
Osmose
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Boise, ID 83706November 7, 2018
Awesome company to work for. The pay is great, management is great, fast paced work environment. The only down fall is being gone five days a week from wife and kids.
Job title and description was left out of actual work alignment.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 1, 2018
My time at Osmose was extremely stressful as a project engineer. I worked on a large amount of specific site engineered design repairs and these were expected to be completed within days and without proper specific load detailing.
Pros
Great customers to work with, PPL and KEU.
Cons
Too much project management involvement in technical aspects.
Fast Paced/ Competitive
Regional Utility Foreman (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 27, 2018
A great place to start your Utility career path. The school you are sent to is top notch in the industry. As far as concerns for compensation, they could be better.
Worst place to be, trust me.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 17, 2018
I was with Osmose for a year and a few months. I know the in's and outs. It's true, you're home for only the weekends... If you're lucky... You're better off working at your local factory. The pay sucks! The BENEFITS SUCKS! They will screw you when they don't want you at any given time. Management and communication is terrible, so does the HR. Production and overworked is what they want. If you're not wearing that white helmet, no one knows you. You're just a number in the system. Your foremen gets the credit of what you did and you get none. They'll laid you off when they feel of needs even when there's work needed to be done around the states.
Pros
None as a yellow helmet.
Cons
Hardly saw the front door step of my home.
hard work but rewarding
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 14, 2018
inspects and treats power polls on a daily basis responsible for safety of crew and upkeep off company truck and tools. work outside in all types of weather.
productive
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
steady work, I learned alot from this company, the hardest part is after it rain working in the mud. its a very good company to work for. the work is steady and there are always room for advancement with this company. I would go and work for this company if they were located in my home area now.
Flexible hours with little to no work life balance. constant travel
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2018
(data collection, not PIT foreman)

Management is typically friendly and helpful in my experience as we try to build confidence in a challenging workplace. Constant weekly travel to new and different locations is the nature of this job. Osmose does everything in its power to save money, so we the employees pay for this effort. our hotels (motels) and per Diem is heavily throttled. OUTDOOR work year round ALONE. Rough terrain with little to no communication or assistance. This company does put safety first in terms of preparing it's employees with the tools needed to protect him/herself from elemental factors.

This job pays well if you're a young man/woman who is single and doesn't mind being away from home. This makes saving money easier and faster. You will be using your OWN VEHICLE to travel well over 1000 miles a month with little cellular service in rural areas.
Pros
Flexible schedule, much of worklife spent alone. easy to save money
Cons
Zero work life balance/constant travel, throttled promotions, outdoors year round.
Easy job lotz of travel
Treater (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GASeptember 27, 2018
It was a fun experience just isn't the job for me I like to be home with my family every night and with this job that just isn't possible. The pay is great just not for me
if your up to the challenge its and excellent job
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
very labor intensive but not a horrible job. id recommend it to anyone whos willing to put in the time and effort. i decided i needed to be closer to home
Mismanagement
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GASeptember 21, 2018
Management has a real problem with making promises they can't keep. Upper management is insulated from the lower ranks and is stuck in a very traditional view of the workplace. Don't expect any progressive attitudes or flexible work options. Middle management will promise what they know upper management won't approve.
Pros
Good Benefits, Competitive Pay
Cons
Inflexible Upper Management, Clueless middle management
Mental stress is the bigest thing
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GASeptember 17, 2018
Its a good place for somekne to work if you dont want a wife or kids or anything you spend more time on the road than you do at home so you dedicate your life to q company that can replace you by tomorrow if something was to happen. All they care about really is their numbers and work being done, they really dont care abiut how you feel, or that your back hurts, or any of that they pretty much just pay for your hotel and everything else is on you like you flight or if you drive you pay for your own fuel or spend 700 on a flight but they pay is good i make 1000 a week but it dont help that i cant be home with family or any of that
Pros
Pays good
Cons
No paid trip home/to work, you pay for your food, no per diem, no time home, share a hotel room with crew member, travel
It was okay
Treater/inspector (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 17, 2018
It was ok tuff work dealing with heat walk miles at time carry up to 50 punds of weight with you treated and inspected telephone poles you mostly by yourself when you are working but it's very easy to learn and get use to
Pros
They pay for hotel
Cons
You pay for gas to get there and you pay for your food when you get there
Fast paced, fun work environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GASeptember 7, 2018
A typical day at work went by extremely fast because of the wonderful work environment. The management was very easy to communicate with and helpful at all times as well as understanding. I learned many valuable skills including team work and communication. I would highly recommend working at Osmose.
Great company if you can travel often
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NortheastAugust 19, 2018
This is a great company to work for salary, wages and benefits are amazing. You must be able to travel and this is hard to balance a home life. If your young or single then you would enjoy seeing the country.
Pros
Great people to work with and for
Cons
Traveling weekly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Osmose Utilities Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.