Osmose Utilities Services Inc Pay & Benefits reviews

Osmose utilities
Utility Crewman (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAApril 18, 2019
Osmose utilities is a good company to work for but at the same time your gone from home for months the pay is low you have to pay for your own food and you travel to different states to work not the best
Pros
Meet people and see new things
Cons
Very stressfull at times
Stressful,
Utility Foreman (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 18, 2019
This job isn't for everybody. Be prepared to travel a lot and never see your family. Your body will be tired and soar everyday with long term effects on your joints.
Benefits
Cons
Travel
Cut throat as they get.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 12, 2019
First off my supervisor was pretty great, very by the rules but no less great. My manager on the other hand not so much. You or your crew mess up one time and you're fired. Foreman rarely make it past 6 months here, in fact 6% only make it. Very hard job and very poor life work balance. If you are willing to be out of town away from family weeks on end this is for you. Very good pay but you earn every dime. Dont expect alot of over time unless you're just a working beast. The benefits here are not very good. Insurance is high for what you get. Vacation is pretty nice. Advancement to supervisor is hard but possible. Overall this is a good job to get your foot into the door for other utility companies. But dont expect to make this a career because they will fire you for the smallest of things.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything really
Horrible
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New England, USAApril 8, 2019
You wanna grab a shovel and beat it against a boulder for 10 hours a day for near minimum wage? Some days are worse than other but if your are working in New England you might as well shoot yourself. If you're going further south, it's not too bad. Sand vs Stone.
If you got paid for the work your were doing, it wouldn't be so bad. Good for kids with no real goals or skills.
Pros
Travel a lot
Cons
Not worth the money
Very uncomfortable place to work
Forklift Operator & packer (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 7, 2019
Plant manager is racist & disrespectful & he is always stealing & giving away company products to his so called classmates. He has many complaints but he always lie his way out of everything & turn over ratio is awful. With in a year I saw 10 - 15 employees fired because of there shoes, hair (dreads) place of living, doctor appointments, calls from kids schools. He is just awful & bad mouth the whole company & smiles & laugh in there face pretending be to Christian
Pros
Off every weekend
Cons
No benefits unless your a women or non black
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAApril 4, 2019
Osmose was a cool place to work . The salary and benefits were great , and the people were cool to work with . There is a lot of turn over in the field but the office employees are extremely happy . At least the ones I worked with .
Pros
salary, benefits, culture
Cons
laid off, project ended
Too much travel
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMarch 25, 2019
Expected to work long hours away from home all week
Unable to perform job duties without upper management interference, enjoyed working witgh field crews and watching their progress and growth
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Micro managed, removal of bonus money common
Hard work
Treater (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 18, 2019
It's really hard hot work also dirty but the checks are huge hotel living everything paid not alot of off or home time travel alot but fun and got aloy of certificates from them
Pros
Good money food travel
Cons
No home time
Unorganized
PIT Crew Foreman (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMarch 8, 2019
Osmose is only for people that do not have a home life. They expect too much from their field crews, yet do not want to properly equip and prepare them for the work demanded. The job is entirely too stressful and unpredictable for the pay they offer.
treated power poles
treated power poles (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 7, 2019
We worked In Indianapolis most of the time I wasn't really there long enough to really experience the job. all I really did was dig around power poles and someone would come behind me and treat it for what I seen though it was a good job.
a all around poor management and poor workers
Foreman Trainee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2019
I worked for this company for 3 days and they completely care nothing about your safety. they don't care about you as an employee. the turn over rate is so high because they are willing to fire you for anything that is at there digression. on top of that the management are disrespectful, and do very little work. I was not given a fair chance at the job and I don't suggest anyone apply for any position at this company. It isn't something anybody should go through.
Pros
nothing
Cons
break your back for low pay. work hard for disrespect. no days off, no sick days, if you don't work, you will be fired.
Hard Work, Always on The road
Forman Trainee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2019
Be prepared for this to be a very labor intense job. Depending on the Forman you get set with for your O.J.T, you most likely will just dig holes for two weeks and work up to 10 hour days depending on the contract they are on. I had to travel and use my own truck to follow the crew since they didn't have room. Our crew worked 6 days a week. So be prepared to not get to go home on the weekend like they say you will. But again this will depend on the Forman you get setup with. Then you will go to Brauman, Ga for training. Which you learn how hard the job actually is. Very labor intense so don't expect to go in making good money and not have to earn it. Once you get done in GA you get sent out to the field with another Forman to show what you learned. Overall if your not afraid of hard work then the job isn't that bad honestly, just a lot of walking thru every terrain you can think of. Management hardly talks to you while your in the field. In training ask all the questions you can, they are there to help you learn what you need to learn and are very hands on. I screwed my knee up and got sent home, but honestly the job is pretty straight forward. You live out of a motel about 80% of the time, because if you live aways away you either have to drive home for a day and head right back or just stay on the road. Once you pass all the Forman training you hire your own crew which is nice you can bond with them pretty quick.

But just don't go into the job thinking it's easy money, it's most definitely not you have to earn it.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Gone a lot, more than they tell you about.
High intensity work enviornment in all weather conditions
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2019
After 7 years of working at osmose I would not have left that it been for the noon stop travels. Living in lower New England crews would typically go home every weekend. Living in the northern most of the region we would spend 3-6 weeks working non stop.
Great job for making good money, staying in shape, and traveling. Great advancement and bonus opportunities.
Pros
Fresh air, travel, exeraize, pay
Cons
Long hours, long stretches away from home, poision ivu, ticks, dogs
job description
Laborer/ Utility Pole Inspector (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 25, 2019
Too make good money you have to work very long days, 60 + hours a week. Alot of walking, working in bad weather, get re located majority of the time. Foremans are great though.
Terrible work life balance
Inspection and Treatment, CFT , Foreman (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 24, 2019
If you are single or just do not like spending anytime with your family then this position is for you. The money seems good until you are always on the road and have to live out of your suitcase in and out of the cheapest hotels they can scrounge up on the CLC list. If you planned on going home Friday and you get rained out one or two days then you will be making up your "guaranteed 40hrs" Friday and Saturday and not get to leave. They have ridiculous expectations when it comes to production and if you arent meeting it they will be all over you. They do not take hiking through mountains and rivers into consideration when setting these numbers.
Pros
Company truck, decent pay
Cons
Never see your family, Management are all out for themselves
dead end job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 18, 2019
So I worked for osmose under the pg&e which was the only positive aspect of the job because being union wages were a bit higher, full health care benefits. But In california supervisors had no mangement what so ever. So we never where we would be next week. My year with osmose I travelled to Arizona, Oregon, Nevada, Washington and Idaho. All trips with literally days before having to leave. And hard working employees have little to no chance of becoming Foreman. Me working under multiple contracts and then taking all the test and reaching out to different supervisors and calling Corperate I never was given a chance. Meanwhile unexperience, lazy, cheating hire ons go on 1 week boot camp and sent to foreman school. Then to top if off man I've work with 2 of those new foremans and they had no idea what they were doing after 4 weeks in peachtree georgia. I witnessed shallow digging full digs, not chipping poles thats have butt rot, not treating poles with MP 500 not inserting internal fume and not rejecting out poles that were in very bad shape. And living in a hotel was a nightmare supervisor would not have the hotel picked out and when we got the rooms they wouldn't have a refrigeator or mircowave because osmose didn't want to pay an extra $10. Horrible work experience. Just like everyone here I was trapped because I heard good pay and bonues. If you really think about it $15 an for having to work in the rain, cold weather like snow and having to dig up poles on a side of a cliff its not worth it. Trust me I experienced everything in osmose from finding a dead body on our line  more... to a pole falling down in seattle washington.  less
Pros
A job, benefits if working under a union
Cons
ALOT read my review if your considering this job
Nice job good pay
Treater (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 8, 2019
Its is a wonderful job to have you work around in different states it's like working n site seeing the world. I had a wonderful time working with this company get paid weekly
Pros
They pay for hotel you have to feed urself
Cons
Health care
Flexible workplace
Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Pay is good and work is easy enough for data technicians. Travel is required depending on the contract, if that is a deal breaker then the data technician role is not for you. Supervisors are always willing to pick their phone up and have never not done their part. Bonus pay can add up to $1-$15 extra an hour on your checks if the contract is easy enough and you work hard. I’ve chosen my hours from day 1 and have the opportunity to work 40+ hours every week.
Pros
Compensation, generous vehicle reimbursement pay, job freedom and security.
Cons
Weather, away from home, can be boring at times.
Just a good ole boy
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 4, 2019
Management is a joke. Good ole boys network. Departments compete against each other. Need to work together for common goals instead of individual goals
Pros
compensation is fair
Cons
don't care about employee's life outside making $$$ for the company
Make America Great Again
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2018
I do have a few good things to say about Osmose. This company did provide a good benefits package and the ability to work from home for some was a definite plus, but that's were it ends. If you have any discernment and you take a look at the Organizational chart for Osmose, in particular, Technical Services, it already tells a story. In general, there are very few women in upper management, and there are probably 2 African Americans in management positions for a company that employs over a thousand people. Racism can be both overt and subtle, conscious and unintentional and all the above is a part of Osmose's workplace culture. Of course, you probably wouldn't notice it if you meet their criteria, or if you did notice, silence is golden if it is working for you. Upper management is content with turning a blind eye to unfair racial practices because they are either secretly in agreement or they are indifferent as long as Osmose continues to meet the bottom line ($$$). There is definitely a glass ceiling for those who don't meet the criteria (race), but of course for show to the public and their clients, Osmose will do the bare minimum regarding upward mobility. This is a place where supervisors can get their friends hired immediately because they meet the criteria, while employees that came in before or during the same time have to prove themselves before obtaining a permanent position. During my employment at Osmose, several departments under Technical Services in the southeast region had quite a few positions open. Guess what, during my time there (18 months), they  more... never hired another woman for any of their new projects, specifically, the projects in Midtown. It was truly a boys club, and women, again, did not meet the criteria. If you didn't meet this invisible criteria, you were undervalued and expendable. There was no chance for advancement. The only place you could really see the diversity was under the banner of the only African American woman in management under Technical Services. If you are an African American or person of color, I would think twice about Osmose, especially, if you are considering a job under Technical Services in the South. Advancing your career in an area that embraces who you are is nearly impossible at Osmose. If you are a diverse company that has a contract with Osmose, beware. If you are a women and are in direct contact with Osmose, don't think they have your respect, they just have your company's money.  less
Benefits
Cons
Management Structure That Does Not Embrace Everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Osmose Utilities Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.