Osmotica Pharmaceutical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Managment
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 20, 2018
Poor management. Not a collaborative/inclusive culture. Everyone does their own jobs and doesn't share with the rest of the team. Even my manager doesn't keep me in the loop on my brands! Accounting and Finance are a mess. Invoices are not processed and paid on time. Vendors are constantly following up. Finance doesn't even know how to run budget, forecast reports from the system. Majority of the work is done in Excel!
Pros
work life balance
Cons
not collaborative/inclusive, poor management, too lean
Osmotica
Professional Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 14, 2018
I enjoyed working for Osmotica, however I was laid off due to downsizing of my territory. My manager was wonderful and was always available for collaboration in the field. The products were great, but there was difficulty with coverage and generic intrusion. The culture of Osmotica was fun, upbeat, competitive, and very goal-oriented. There were levels of advanvement that you could achieve if you wanted to move up in your career. Also, they had a very nice ceremony for President's Club and Leadership Awards that highlighted those that performed well in the previous year. Training was fun and beneficial, with multiple levels including: Home Study for a week, Shadowing a Training Rep in the field for a week, and Classroom Training in NJ for a week.

Overall, I enjoyed my employment with Osmotica and would recommend it as a potential employer. I would return to the company if there was a territory available in my area.
horrible company to work for
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2018
the worst management I have seen in 15 years, they have no clue what they are doing. There is no upward opportunities at all. Horrible products, been around for more than 50 years.
Pros
Cons
all
Good company to work for
PROFESSIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 12, 2018
Good company to work for. My manager was great. This was a great company to get my foot in the door into pharmaceutical sales. Good things are in store for this company.
Great place to work.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 2, 2018
Awesome place to work. The trainer is top notch. Managers are incredible people. The hardest part of the job was the quota increase quarter to quarter. The most enjoyable part of the job was their training program. You're constantly learning how to sell better which is key in this industry.
Look Elsewhere
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 13, 2017
Not a fun place to be. Management is not open to new ideas. Limited opportunities for advancement. Workers do not feel appreciated and morale is low. No defined "end time" for each day; expected to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No consistent "end time" each day, mandatory OT
Average
PROCESS TECH,INSPECTOR,WAREHOUSE ASSOC. (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 20, 2017
Its a starter company so it has its ups and downs.
Potential to grow and be successful as a company
Overall you would have to give a try to see if it fits you.
current employee
PSR (Current Employee) –  NJMay 16, 2017
Vertical merged w Osmotica last year...the company is no longer that 'friendly' company anymore. HR micromanages the DMs, DMs have no say in setting up quotas...we all get calls from our DM asking reason for not meeting numbers...unrealistic goals for products that arent covered--poor managed care.
Pros
Cons
re inventing the wheel over and over sgain
Executive Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 19, 2017
Hired me as an Executive Assistant, they as me if I would start at first as a contractor and than they would convert me full time. Instead they hired something behind my back
Pros
Cons
Lunch
Great experience but was short lived to over projection of new product
PNV - Sales Representative Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 29, 2016
I was the third sales representative added to the territory to help out with the new product launch. They only gave me one short quarter, where I outsold the 2 reps that had been in the territory for two plus years, and they decided to cut the PNV position until issues with the new product were fixed.

My manager gave me absolutely no warning, even though she had went on a ride along with me the week before.

I even have letters of recommendations from 2 of my top prescribers, and I still receive calls from offices asking when will I be stopping by to say hi.
Pros
Small company with big Pharma feel.
Cons
They aren't big pharma.
Fantastic Sales Organization
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 13, 2016
I love my job, but with my exemplary relationships and experience, I truly deserve better financial compensation for daily efforts.
Pros
Teamwork and Management
Cons
Financial compensation, Salary, product coverage
good
none (Former Employee) –  Sayreville, NJJune 1, 2016
This company is located off of major highways; convenient location. Friendly environment, however severely understaffed.
Great team and manager, enjoyed Women's Health
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 23, 2016
Working for Vertical Pharmaceuticals has allowed me to get experience in the Women's Health field, calling on a fantastic group of OB-GYNs and learning about the prenatal vitamin world as well as menopausal medication.
Best company I ever worked for in my life.
R&D (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 5, 2015
The work is constant and demanding, most of the time days are a bit longer , but well compensated. Management has full confident in your abilities and skills so you won't see any body after you.
Pros
Very good salary, benefits, appreciate your effort, excelent management.
Cons
Need to be a little more selective when hiring.
A wonderful work place
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 30, 2012
Great environment to work in. I have learned a lot since its a start-up company.