OSS HEALTH Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 10, 2019
Good Place to work. Just not compensated enough. I can only speak for the call center. The supervisor is super awesome. The girls in the department are great too. Work can get crazy at times. Lots of changes all the time with the doctors. Just got to go with the flow of things.
Growing company, challenging environment committed to patient care.
Administrative (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 8, 2019
Growing company with a history of quality care to its patients. Opportunities to grow and develop personally and professionally. Great co-workers. Desire to improve process and procedure.
Unlikely to return
Certified Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 22, 2019
I am highly unlikely to return to OSS. An employee should mean more to a company, than just a number. A lot of times there wasn’t unity, everyone fended for themselves and I personally feel as though a company shouldn’t be ran that way. We are at work more than we are at home so it should feel like a family.
Pros
Lunch alone
Cons
Short lunches
Cliques, zero chain of command
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  YorkAugust 16, 2018
No one to stand up for staff. No chain of command, you figure out your problems on your own, even though “supervisors” said they were there to help. Favoritism. Clicques that made work difficult. Felt like an ‘in one ear and out the other’ ordeal if you did try to resolve anything with any supervisor. Departments that do not get along, with lack of communication of very pertinent patient information. People are NOT friendly and complain incessantly, making the day to day difficult. Coworkers that are not receptive to new staff.

HR - what a JOKE! Hope you don’t need anything in any kind of hurry from them. Then they say they did something and actually didn’t. They NEVER answer their phone, only comminicate via email.

The pay was comparable to nearby institutions, but not for the amount of stress you deal with.

Food is very good.

Bait and switch - orientation makes the place sound amazing and friendly but in actuality it’s very difficult to get through the day.

They pride themselves on higher level certifications, but do not follow the guidelines that earned the certification. It felt like a ticking time bomb for my license.

Retirement package is great if you can stay long enough to be included.
Pros
Food is delicious! Retirement
Cons
Hr, “management”
Quality Care from Excellent Professionals
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Home HealthMay 29, 2018
Definitely would return to work at OSS if I was able to. Very supportive, knowledgeable of their specialized area and great team approach to care. Low post surgical infection rate from what I saw. Lots of little perks which helped retain staff and keep morale going even when under stressful times.
Pros
Patient oriented and Staff cared for
fine for a short time
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 16, 2018
The job was easy, fast paced sometimes. nice people to work for, pay was not enough for what I was expected to do. Most employees with same job title did either just check in or check out, I was responsible for check in, check out, scheduling and other various office responsibilities and found out I was being paid less than others, when asked management they stated they would look at it, never got back to me.
Full time Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, PAMarch 23, 2018
Great place to work. Company puts patient care first in all their efforts and endeavors. Provider staff works well together to give strong patient care.
It's ok
CCMA (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 7, 2018
Must work very hard with little encouragement from supervisors. Moral is very low. Unfair working conditions. Management plays favorites. Pay was decent, but not for the amount of work that was expected.
fun work place
environmental service tech (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 27, 2018
good place to work, have many friwnd working here sunch a great doctor , the staff are awesome, I been working here the past 3 years I really love it is like have a 2 family
Lack of management, not managers
Annonomous (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Stressful environment. A lot of managers no management. Extreme amounts of drama, cliches. They strive for change but don't want to listen to recommendations.
too many people in mgmt roles
Sterile Processing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 1, 2018
Started out as a sterile processing tech, moved into a coordinator role and was basically thrown in front of the bus by management without warning! Very cutthroat and it's all in who you know! Everything is big secret and if you weren't in the click,then you didn't see it coming!
benefits
Cons
poor management and communication
Ok place
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Management was poor. Employees were nice.Doctors were great. Customers were very kind. Alot of favortism amongst management. More and more was expected out of people with no compensation.
Pros
Some employees
Cons
Fast pace and fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 23, 2018
It is a face pace and fun workplace. Occasionally stressful but everyone works as a team to get things done. Management works with your schedule for the most part and treats everyone as equals. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with aggravated patients. The most enjoyable part of work is working with a team and becoming close with those people.
Pros
health benefits, Pto
student PTA
Student PTA (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 14, 2018
OSS Health is a great facility with many knowledgeable staff members that love what they do. I learned a lot while completing my clinical affiliation there for PTA.
Poor Management made this a difficult place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 2, 2018
OSS had very poor management when I worked there. They could not keep a full staff, causing them to take advantage of employees that they did have with crazy, constantly changing schedules. Management did not listen an communicate well at all, especially between satellite offices. There was always employees causing conflict and management never addressed issues.
Horrible place to work.
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 8, 2017
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. As a new employee be prepared to be treated like garbage. Upper management does nothing about it. HR and the CEO are absolutely worthless. This place is an absolute joke!!
I like working here.
Coding Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  York, PASeptember 23, 2017
I have a great manager and I love the work I do. I continually learn new things regarding Orthopedics and Pain Management. It is very interesting and challanging.
Pros
security in job
Cons
can not yet work at home
Productive, great place with great coworkers
Receptionist/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 24, 2017
I worked in the Oss Health Internal Medicine office. I had such a great experience there. The coworkers and management were awesome, and extremely helpful.
Pros
wonderful coworkers/management
Cons
short breaks
Workplace culture
nurse (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 22, 2017
Poor workplace culture depending on the department. Upper management tries to promote unity and a good environment but just comes short. The patients and job is great, you just have to be good about leaving work at work.
NOT a fan of the organization.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 25, 2017
Was treated unfairly at OSS. I did not appreciate the level of employee professionalism. There were many internal issues with the way they assigned staff to cover for providers. It was not worth the 12 hour shifts or even 9 hour shifts. If you want to do everything yourself and be treated as a dog apply at OSS Health.
Pros
nice reception staff
Cons
drama, unfair pay, constant schedule changes, limited room for improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSS HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

OSS HEALTH Reviews by Location