Osseo Area Schools - ISD 279 Employee Reviews

Awesome
HR Project Mgr Community Engagement Co (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 21, 2018
Great place to work.
Diversity and Inclusion focused.
Infinity groups for staff.
Career pathway advantages
Student-teacher pipeline.
Leader in Equity training
Food worker
Food Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 19, 2018
Food service worker prepare food serve students general clean up cashier if needed prepare food next days menu greet staff students help students with pin number issues or money issues if occur make sureall staff and students enjoy meal time
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor manager
Education
Director (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 21, 2018
The best part of the job is:
Working across departments.
Learning about education and how staff and students can impact the learning environment and education.
Building relationships with my colleagues.
Fun, diverse, friendly.
student aid (Former Employee) –  Osseo, MNJuly 4, 2018
I worked Ozone, which is a summer program and I loved it! The staff is welcoming and appreciative of their workers. The kids were all different so it allowed chances to learn and adapt to each of them.
Best place I have ever worked
Student Learning Advocate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 28, 2018
This was my most favorite place to work. I really haven't been happy at any other place of employment in the way I was happy at this employer. There were many opportunities for advancement, mentoring and coaching.
Pros
Summers free, two weeks at winter free, every month at least one day off
Cons
The pay wasn't high but it was ok. It was very difficult to get in.
The Children are NOT the Problem
EDUCATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 25, 2018
Work environment non collaborative. Teachers rather gossip about what's wrong then work together to find relevant solutions to address student behaviors.
Sped Para
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 7, 2018
Special Education Paraprofessional: Established for the purpose of assisting assigned teaching personnel in the supervision and instruction of special education students; performing classroom clerical tasks; and assisting students by meeting special health care needs and developing students' daily living and behavioral skills.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
An incredible district!
Spanish 2 & Spanish 4/AP Teacher (Current Employee) –  Osseo, MNMay 7, 2018
I sincerely enjoy working with Osseo Area Schools. I work alongside incredible educators and administration who care about student growth and success.
Great coworkers but very stressful
Health, Physical Education and DAPE Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNApril 16, 2018
My coworkers are very supportive and helpful, but administration is not. Almost every day is very stressful with behaviors and lack of support from our administration.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Very Stressful
Stressfull and unhappy
Administrative-Education Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Osseo, MNJanuary 26, 2018
Due to several district budget cuts I was placed into 4 different positions that I did not chose.

The district as a whole is fine for full time moms, they would be the only people I would suggest working at the district.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Work days between 10 and 13 hours.
Special Education teacher (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJanuary 13, 2018
There is a great need for more support for students with emotional - behavioral disorders. The district budget dictates the quality of services provided.
For the Children
Instructional ESP (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNDecember 1, 2017
I enjoyed my colleagues and the students. Support Staff was given training along with teachers. The main school I worked at the people were like family. I miss them. My financial need is why I left the school district, it was not full-time, year-round.
A place of chaor
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 9, 2017
Working in the school I have been has been a constant experience of total chaos. There is little control and the students have no consequences. If you don't protect yourself, you will be deaf due to the volume in the hallways.
Pros
Cons
too many
Great place to learn
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Osseo, MNAugust 10, 2017
Lots of learning opportunities
Valued as an employee
Competative wage
Loved learning about special needs students and learning to quickly adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs
Stressful and fulfilling
Educational Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJuly 27, 2017
A typical day at Osseo Area School starts at 8:10 am. First two classes I work with 7th graders and 6th graders. Third hour is collaboration time where we make plans for the rest of the day and make lesson plans. The rest of the day goes the same as the first two classes. Staff has 30 minutes lunch break and school is done at 2:40 pm.
Pros
end time
Cons
limited hours and benefits
Okay
Worker (Current Employee) –  Osseo, MNJuly 13, 2017
Great work place. It is a lot of fun with good people. I do not like to have to fill this review out because it is silly to force peopled to do things they dont wan to do.
Osseo schools custodial job
Night Custodian (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 7, 2017
The place is a good place to make a career. Very nice people to work with and the children are fun to interact with. All in all a good job if you start young.
Pros
Good people who care.
Cons
To many bosses to deal with
Friendly and encouraging staff
Internship (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 29, 2017
Staff were friendly and encouraged me to succeed. I learned to work on behavior, socio-emotional functioning, and to be a set of ears when working with children, as well as how to advocate with families and staff members.
Great place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Osseo, MNJune 2, 2017
Great for subs to make a little extra money or continue their teaching in a environment that allows them to pick their own schedule and work in a diverse area of schools.
Na
Enrollment Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 28, 2017
School Executives are Committed to improving the lives of each student. There is a lot of push back from staff around the push to be more open minded about how race is experienced by non-whites.