OST Employee Reviews

support customers, Work on new developemnt tasks
Sr. SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 23, 2018
I was responsible to support DOT-FTA intranet site users, there are more than 10 organizational site and supporting the need of each users in each organizational site was my responsibility. I also work on new development tasks
boring but phyiscal
Oil Change Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2018
a typical work day i would come in an sit and sit for hours somtimes untill a truck came in soo needless to say most of the time you just sit and sit on your butt.the workplace was bascailly just you there by yourself all the time.the managment was awsome very understanding and chill.i learned alot like those truck hood are very hard to open and the job keeps you on your feet at all times.the most enjoyable thing bout the job was the people there very friendly and always never a dule moemnt.
Pros
lots of down time and you lean alot
Cons
lots of down time.and your there alone with no security
One Support Team
Remote Technical Support (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 29, 2017
Management was alright. Getting moved from team leader to team leader made advancement impossible. Learned new things often due to a wide scope of support. The workplace culture and communication was easy and beneficial . The most enjoyable part of job was over coming new issues for customers from a technical stand point.
Pros
Lunches, Co-workers- Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours, Poor training, Poor management
Stressful
Freedom School Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2017
Stressful new systems in place and not very structured. Consistently changing and funding losses create stressing work environments. The hardest part in uncertainty and lack of growth.
Corporate Manager failed to communicate effectively and failed to properly respond to documented discrimination.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 9, 2017
Poor Corporate contract proposal pricing caused employees to lose Vacation and Sick leave from previous contracts. This was my fifth contract in 20 years and was the least favorable at providing employee benefits. Poor pay for hourly employees caused excessive turnover resulting in inefficiency and morale issues. Could not keep quality employees once they got a security clearance.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Good people
Senior software engineer (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVSeptember 30, 2017
very fair and good people all the way around.
Considerate of personal needs and positive encouragement to perform at high level. They were win/win with pay negotiating and pleasant to deal with.
Pros
pay and management - excellent
Cons
honestly do not have any
enjoyed my work there
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 13, 2016
Everything were wonderful there for me. If i had my own truck would have been heaven sent. Everyone was a joyto work with. Like the idea of not having to go inside the port to get my load for my delivery
Pros
bonus
Cons
home every night
Great People, "Ok" Compensation
Correspondence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 26, 2016
Very lax office, management is awesome depending on your department, very nice co-workers. Management does have an open door policy which is very helpful when it comes to voicing comments/questions/concerns.
Pros
There is telework in some departments.
Cons
They don't pay very well.
Productive.
High School Tutor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYDecember 3, 2015
Very interactive place with supportive management. It is all about helping others do well and staying focused.Everyone having fun and enjoying what they love to do.
Great
Office Surgery Technician for OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  DALLASSeptember 21, 2015
The job was great I loved what I did but all the traveling and very long hours was hard to do when having a family some morning going in at 4am and not getting home until 8 or 9pm
Great mission and culture of the YMCA
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 26, 2013
The YMCA has a great mission and continues to be a leader in social responsibility, healthy living, and youth development.
Purchasing Manager/key ops computer operator
SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 29, 2013
Help install industry software and hardware. Maintained the software and daily system, did the month end reorts and loaded the new monthly prices. Worked with OST's customers and my own. Helped management with quoting new accounts. Vendor relations and assisted accounts payable. Join the TriMega Purchasing group receiving vendor cash rebates and lower prices. I was the Northeast Regional Cooridinator for the TriMega Purchasing Association group. OST received some extra deals as a direct result of my position and relationships with our vendors.
Pros
Close to work andI was able to maintain my accounts.
Cons
Poor funding.
productive work
Driver (Former Employee) –  channohon, ilApril 4, 2013
Is a fast passe job during the summer , i got more experience on driving
Cons
no breaks
Was a fun environment to work in.
Swim coach/swim teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAFebruary 14, 2013
Just a typical day at the city pool. You have your coaches instructing the swiimers. All of them talking and making new friends.
very fast paced enjoyable place to work
Support Worker Afterschool (Former Employee) –  philadelphia pa.December 5, 2012
loved working as an ost worker engaging the youth in learning and fun community work
My day
Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 29, 2012
Going to work in the morning in NYC is a rough and tough battle, it seems like an episode from WWE. But to get to my job and go inside my classroom...its awesome. I prepare my lessons and organize my paperwork before my students come in and plan how the morning will lead to a energetic afternoon. After lunch its high order thinking activites for students and also for myself to plan what the next day will consist of mentally. Then after all is organized cleaned and dismissed the most wonderful and rewarding part of my day is unfolding. Reflection time! At this time Iam able to relax my mind and think about what i needed to fix in my planning and then create a method to do it just as effective but better. Now the setup for the next morning occurs and my supervisor and I chat,expectations and responsibilities are done and I'm going home to finish what i did not get to do for my students.
Pros
creativity
Cons
n/a