OSU MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Pros and cons
Food and Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 15, 2018
Stay away from Food and Nutrition positions. Management is non existent. Supervisors have cliques and run away good workers. Bullies and thieves are rewarded, victims ignored. Reverse discrimination. Pay and benefits are decent.
Pros
Food allowance, decent benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great Family feel
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2018
OSU feels like a big family, I've been here going on 6 years and I know most other employees. The management in my area is lacking professionalism but most other areas are not. I wish they matched the 401K like my last job.
World Class Medical Center
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2018
World Class Medical Center with strong leaders and plenty of opportunities for advancement and movement across the organization. Would recommend to others, especial for outstanding benefits package.
Great place to work. Friendly envioment
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2018
Grat place to work. There are many cultures. Friendly work envioment. I enjoyed working here. Theres alot to do as activites. Sports, collage classes if that what your looking for.
Pros
Usual break time
Cons
Benefits are great
Oriented environment
Clinical Coordinator, RN (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2018
OSUMC I found was a great place to work if there were more stability in the work environments. Units closed without warnings on occasions leaving a feeling of despair and uncertainty. Fluctuating census affected work hours tremendously and this contributed to their high turnover rates as people have responsibilities and financial obligations and quite frankly needs job and financial security. I believe management needs some type of improvement in their work ethic and communication skills.
Pros
Discounts on lunch and scrubs
Cons
Work ethics and unit closures
Casual Workplace with onsite Cafeteria and vending machines
Business Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 15, 2017
A typical workday for me starts early morning with daily work lists and claims reports, correspondence, and claims denied reports.
this is the expected daily work as well as the daily emails that come from the management team. Prioritizing is usually a big part of my productive day.
The management team communicates regularly with team to insure daily needs and goals are met. The environment is cozy with peers working well together with a common goal. The hardest part of the job is completing all work daily that is leaving with zero unfinished daily. The most enjoyable part is the way everyone works well together and converse well with each other on a daily basis.
Pros
Divers culture, friendly environment, Pto, Retirement benefits, Health ins
Cons
have to use PTO on holidays
My first job as an RN
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2018
I loved working at OSUMC. It was my first job as an RN and boy did I learn a LOT! It has been quite awhile since I was there, over 8 years, but remember it fondly. I would recommend it. Being a smaller institution, there are fewer people to fill the call requirements so there will be more here versus a larger facility but it isn't bad! I rarely got called in TBH.
Poor management and workplace culture
Oncology Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 29, 2018
This can be a slow paced job and many of the associates are unhappy with management and leadership. It is difficult to advance if you are not in the inner circle, and there is little support when trying to either change positions or floors for more variety and gain more experience for advancement. Management also seems unhappy, and that sentiment trickles down.
Ok place to work.
staff (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 1, 2018
It's ok place to work. The doctors kind of rule the place and can do what ever they want most are very nice and professional. In security you will always just do the same thing day in and day out. The biggest thing is they want you to get smokers.
Review safety issues throughout the hospital.
Patient Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 12, 2018
Make rounds on the floor to determine any safety infractions.
Daily rounds are needed and sometime twice daily.
Available whenever needed.
Long term employees who knew their job well.
Difficult to start new policies.
Working with manafers and physicians.
Pros
Encouragement from management and staff.
Cons
Hearing "tried that before-didn't work."
Not a great place to work
An employee (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2018
The management at this facility is horrible, from the upper management all of the way down to the departments. There is not enough time in the day to list all of the reasons why someone shouldn't work here. If you enjoy being understaffed, unequipped with at the necessary equipment and supplies, and things breaking frequently , then this is the job for you! If you want to work somewhere where they take things away and run employees off...then this is the job for you!
Pros
Most of the staff is very friendly and caring
Cons
Just about everything else
Travel nurse
Nurse NCCU (travel RN) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2018
I worked there as a travel employee. Definitely not treated the same as regular staff. There were pros and cons to working for them. I would work there again in a different department
Productive workplace with relaxed atmosphere.
Registered Radiologic Technologist & Mammographer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 21, 2016
A typical day at work includes performing X-ray and/or mammograms scheduled for the day; along with font desk and scheduling duties.
I have learned a lot from this facility. When I started here we used film with a dark room for x-ray and have transitioned to digital.
Management in the department I am apart of is second to none, concerns are always heard and followed with positive results.
My co-workers all do their part to keep everything running smoothly.
The hardest part of my job is the various language barriers I encounter almost daily.
The most enjoyable part of my job is having the pleasure of imaging patients and helping with his or her experience in the facility.
Pros
Great benefits. Paid lunch.
Cons
Occasional, unexpected over time
CNA work at OSU
part time and PRN status (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 6, 2018
This was an excellent place to work for me at the time. I was attending Langston School of Nursing at the time and was able to work my schedule around School. I loved my Director of Nursing on my Med-Surg floor.
Ok place
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2018
Good place to work overall. People are mostly nice and helpful. Just like any other job, there are always some people who cause problems and gossip, etc. But overall, it is a good place to work.
Pros
Good people mostly
Cons
Not the best retirement
contract cancelled
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2018
I was hired but the contract was cancelled before I was able to begin working this position at OSU Medical Center. I have no other information to give.
Overall great place to work
Oncology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of receiving at least 50-80 calls per day from patients, scheduling approximately 10-15 new patients per day, responding to approximately 30-40 emails.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
more PTO would have been great
Used to be a great place to work
TECH (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2018
OSU Medical center used to be a fantastic place to work. It has declined so dramatically in the last year that it is too stressful and no longer an enjoyable place to be. There is a lot of favoritism played amongst long standing employees versus new comers within a lot of the upper management systems. There has been an increase in turnover lately in all departments due to the amount of work people are expected to do. They are supposed to be "no lift" but when you are short staffed, as all departments are, you are always lifting. Techs and Nurses are all being assigned more patients than they can comfortably and even safely handle. The morale is down dramatically due to the mistreatment of staff, misuse of departments, and short staffing. Overall... I would not recommend it as a place to work unless you want to be over worked and under appreciated.
Pros
Payroll Deduct Lunches & Gift Shop
Cons
Short staffing, Over working, Lack of appreciation, unsafe environments, lack of compassion
Poor management, lack of direction or communication
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 14, 2018
Wonderful staff, nurses and physicians. Diverse patient population. Upper management is out of touch and does not seem interested in staff moral or professional growth. Unable to provide sufficient hours for staff.
Pros
Cheap food, reasonable insurance, discounts for procedures performed at hospial. Able to assist in the training of new physicians
Cons
Unable to provide enough hours to staff and management is out of touch with ataff
Fast paced workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2017
The supervisors are great they help whenever you need the help and managers care about all employees. There benefits are great and they even pay for tuition reimbursement, every since I worked here I've been treated with the upmost respect and working for this company opened so many doors of opportunity for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSU MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

OSU MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location