OSU Wexner Medical Center Employee Reviews

This place isn’t all that!! PERIOD
Supply Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2018
Everyone is so hung up on working here, well if you’re not a doctor or nurse, you’re NOTHING! these people treat you like dirt, rude work environment. My department keeps hiring lazy person after lazy person and it’s absolutely no teamwork. The management sucks, they spend more time trying to catch you doing something wrong instead of training us on the right thing we need to do. It’s a mess. We spend more time doing nothing then actually doing something. A lot of the management don’t know what they’re doing/or has let the title get to their heads, they can’t make the right calls for the department. It’s sad
Pros
You have a job!
Cons
Pay for parking, your bonus is taxed, hard to advance
worked for a very good doctor.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 8, 2018
great place to work. plenty of good doctors working at the Center for Women's Health. they take women's health very seriously. very informed doctors. the doctors treated me with respect.
Pros
met great people that I worked with
Cons
get paid less than employees with no training
N/a
Senior medical lab processor microbiology (Former Employee) –  410 W 10th AveOctober 29, 2018
I will rather not say there were a lot of stressful avenues I can speak of the largest being too toxic work environment. Can discuss more in person NA
Supportive team environment, good work life balance, but the compensation is poor and there isn't much opportunity for growth.
MAP Coordinator for Transplant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2018
There is a good work life balance, but not much opportunity for advancement. The team I currently work with is very supportive, but the compensation for my current position is poor. For the job that I am doing I should be paid much more. I'm a licensed independent social worker and I do not get paid for this license in my current position.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Compensation
team oriented and fast paced
Medical Tech Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2018
2nd shift was always busy so from the moment I clocked in it was fast paced until end of shift. we were in charge of processing all microbiology specimens for testing . We received and processed all specimens, verifying they were collected and transported properly. We then had to prep them for further testing. A large part of my job was plating the specimens to the correct media and storing them in the proper incubators for growth and analysis. While here I learned how to work in a fast paced in environment while maintaining attention to detail.
benefits
Cons
lack of advancement
Not worth the stress
PHARMACY TECH (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2018
Typical work day at OSU is coming in to a mess left by the next shift, If you need anything you normal do not have a manager who is over the techs in the pharmacy during the second shift (3-11:30). So it is a free for all when it comes down to working and who works. The manager only cares for the shift she came from and she rude. She gives in to the people who do not work and gives them everything that they need schedule wise and gifts. This has been one of the worse places I have ever worked for in my life.
A place that cares
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 2, 2018
This was both the best job I ever had and the hardest job I ever had. There were days when you could be overworked, spread thin taking care of a lot of patients by yourself. But honestly I had great managers, and the managers were the reason I stayed for as long as I did.
Good place to learn
Director, Health System Informatics (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Great place to learn and work with smart, motivated people. It is a plus to be able to work in completely different areas and stay within the same organization.
Experience
OSU Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2018
OSU made a better opportunity for me to socialize with the customers and take my time to understand what they wanted. I mostly enjoyed being one of their employees.
OSU Health Plan Health Coach
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  700 Ackerman RdSeptember 21, 2018
Love my job! I get to work one-on-one with a variety of members. I feel like i'm making a positive impact and it's very rewarding. The job is very flexible and there is no typical day. Would recommend to anyone ready to help change lives and make a difference.
Pros
Flexibility
Be prepared
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Very high quality of work standards expected from day one.

Produce at a high level or you are gone. Team environment slightly lacking all in all a good place to start a brief career in healthcare.
Pros
Repuation of employer
Cons
Produce or perish
Medical Center Security Dispatcher Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits and time off. Central location and easy to get to. Parking can be an issue if you do not buy a good parking pass.
Pros
Pention
Cons
Parking
Hospital Pharmacy with a lot of room to grow
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Pharmacy Technician has ability to compound, refill and put away stock. There are many places at OSU for personal growth and to go into for the future. A somewhat young staff, rotating cast of managment.
Fun place to work
Patient Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2018
Registration of patients from all walks of life. I loved the fact that I could go up to the floors after patients were admitted and obtain consents and registration information if they had come thru the emergency department.
Good working environment
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2018
Staff is generally good to work with however being a large facility management can easily loose focus on your specific area/department and spend more time and money developing other areas. Great benefits and PTO.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
OSUWMC was a great place to work!
Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2018
As the head of HR and member of the Medical Center Executive Team I had the freedom to carry out the duties of my position with very little over site or direction from my superiors. I loved the mission of the medical center and the dedicated employees caring for our patients.
Pros
Doing with I loved on a daily basis.
Cons
Annual budget process was a bit cumbersome.
Known for it's name
Medical Intensive Care Unit RN,Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2018
The Wexner Medical Center is focused on the bottom line, as is many of the large hospital organization throughout Columbus. Nurses are expected to do more with less and that comes at the expense of the patient. They preach patient satisfaction but really are more focused on how to make a surplus of money.
great staff, career opportunity
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2018
great staff, the people at Ohio state Wexner medical center make work flow easy and problem solving is an everyday thing that goes on along with goofing off and having a great time.
Pros
great balance of work and fun
Cons
you can get lost on campus
Ohio State University
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
Ohio State University is a great hospital for learning and discovering new things in regards to health, wellness, and the body. There is always research that you can participate in and also learn from in all areas.
sucks
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2018
I had to clean bathrooms and classrooms and who knew that females could me so nasty it scared me for life I don't ever want to go back the good outcome is that they paid good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSU Wexner Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight