OSU Wexner Medical Center Employee Reviews

OSU Health Plan Health Coach
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  700 Ackerman RdSeptember 21, 2018
Love my job! I get to work one-on-one with a variety of members. I feel like i'm making a positive impact and it's very rewarding. The job is very flexible and there is no typical day. Would recommend to anyone ready to help change lives and make a difference.
Pros
Flexibility
Be prepared
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Very high quality of work standards expected from day one.

Produce at a high level or you are gone. Team environment slightly lacking all in all a good place to start a brief career in healthcare.
Pros
Repuation of employer
Cons
Produce or perish
Medical Center Security Dispatcher Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits and time off. Central location and easy to get to. Parking can be an issue if you do not buy a good parking pass.
Pros
Pention
Cons
Parking
Hospital Pharmacy with a lot of room to grow
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Pharmacy Technician has ability to compound, refill and put away stock. There are many places at OSU for personal growth and to go into for the future. A somewhat young staff, rotating cast of managment.
Fun place to work
Patient Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2018
Registration of patients from all walks of life. I loved the fact that I could go up to the floors after patients were admitted and obtain consents and registration information if they had come thru the emergency department.
Good working environment
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2018
Staff is generally good to work with however being a large facility management can easily loose focus on your specific area/department and spend more time and money developing other areas. Great benefits and PTO.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
OSUWMC was a great place to work!
Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2018
As the head of HR and member of the Medical Center Executive Team I had the freedom to carry out the duties of my position with very little over site or direction from my superiors. I loved the mission of the medical center and the dedicated employees caring for our patients.
Pros
Doing with I loved on a daily basis.
Cons
Annual budget process was a bit cumbersome.
Known for it's name
Medical Intensive Care Unit RN,Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2018
The Wexner Medical Center is focused on the bottom line, as is many of the large hospital organization throughout Columbus. Nurses are expected to do more with less and that comes at the expense of the patient. They preach patient satisfaction but really are more focused on how to make a surplus of money.
great staff, career opportunity
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2018
great staff, the people at Ohio state Wexner medical center make work flow easy and problem solving is an everyday thing that goes on along with goofing off and having a great time.
Pros
great balance of work and fun
Cons
you can get lost on campus
Ohio State University
Clinical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
Ohio State University is a great hospital for learning and discovering new things in regards to health, wellness, and the body. There is always research that you can participate in and also learn from in all areas.
sucks
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2018
I had to clean bathrooms and classrooms and who knew that females could me so nasty it scared me for life I don't ever want to go back the good outcome is that they paid good
Sad at how it has turned out
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2018
A typical day is fast paced. You meet a lot of people and a lot of patients. My current management is in flux, so I don't know what to say here. The workplace culture has taken a definite turn over the last year to the negative. The patients are the most enjoyable part of the job. However, employees are not valued.
Very relaxed place to work and most the folks are very pleasant
ComstructionTech (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2018
They are very easy to work for as long as you do your work, they will listen to you and if in there power they will get what you need or explain why it cant happen or let you know the next step to help it happen.
Pros
Lots of discounts from medical, OSU gear, Holiday pay, controlled atmosphere.
Cons
No overtime for my department
Busy place to work
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2018
It is a very busy place to work. Most of the people I worked with where very young. I learned new things while working there even tho I already had 18 years working as an Aide. I believe there is always more to learn.
I did get hurt while working the workmen’s comp was good at first but my body was very slow to heal and in the end I felt like the doctor just wanted to get rid of me even tho I was still in pain every day.
Pros
Great learning experience, great Patient to nursing staff ratio
Cons
Parking, shuttle bus parking & there is no where is to park on home football game days
Busy but rewarding
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2018
As a Pca you are going to work your butt off regardless of what shift you work. But it is very rewarding to work work with the patients and help save lives.
Great for those who want to pursue hospital careers
Float Pool Patient Care Associate (Nurse Aid) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2018
Wexner center is top of the line with everything. They really care about their patients and the staff was superb. I would have stayed long term had I thought my true calling was in a health profession.
Good people and caring nurses
Clinical Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2018
Wexner Medical Center is a good place to work. The nursing staff are caring and look out for the patient. Work can be stressful but rewarding. Communication within the facility could be improved when passing down information about repairs or problems.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Communication with staff
Loved my job at OSUMC -- wish I could find something like it again
Office Admin Associate (Former Employee) –  IBMRJuly 13, 2018
Loved OSUMC only complaint was parking. I had a great work life balance, my boss was extremely understanding and I felt valued. Parking was tough, and that should be addressed, but OSU is huge and it was to be expected.
Poor environment
TECHNOLOGIST, SUPERVISOR, MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2018
Started my sleep career there. I was initially a self taught technician, later became a supervisor. The Hospital had horrible High level executives who drove the institution into bankruptcy
Pros
Learned my trade there
Cons
Poor executive management
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
Good benefits, high workload,. Parking expenses and union dues deceased take home pay.
Did provide good training and worked on developing better computer skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSU Wexner Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight